GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Filtering the pond Cabot, PRA and others - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Filtering the pond Cabot, PRA and others

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Debt 5

Type: MBNA Credit Card

Date Commenced: Nov 1998

Current Balance: £2000

Default Date: May 2012

Last Paid: October 2022

Owner: PRA

CCA sent Oct 2022

XX/10/22 Letter received " have requested the required information, account on hold.....etc".

XX/10/22 Letter received similar to the one received a week earlier but subtly different wording. Still saying requesting info and account on hold....

Previous Status update: No longer paying and no contact from me.
    Latest...

XX/11/22 Letter received with 4 pages of MBNA terms with footnote MB/98, nothing else - PRA state consider unenforcable at present.

XX/02/23 Letter received with copy of signed application form (2 sided) Sent to Niddy for comment. PRA request contact within 14 days to reach mutually acceptable agreement to settle outstanding balance.

02/23 Niddy confirms UE

03/23 PRA Statement of account

04/23 PRA 15% discount offer

05/23 PRA 20% discount offer

06/23 PRA 20% discount offer

07/23 PRA 20% discount offer

08/23 PRA 20% discount offer

10/23 PRA 50% discount offer

11/23 PRA 50% discount offer

Comment

PRA offered me a settlement figure of 37.5% of the outstanding balance which I ignored. A few years later they were offering something in the region of 90% of the balance. Radio silence from me until a LBC arrives.

Comment

Debt 6

Type Halifax Credit Card
        Date Commenced: Nov 1999

Current Balance: £14000

Default Date: July 2012

Owner: Cabot

CCA sent Oct 2022

XX/10/22 Acknowledgement and do not have relevant information... requesting agreement from original lender, account on hold.

XX/10/22 Letter "still processing your request.... currently unenforceable."

XX/11/22 Letter " we haven't been able to obtain the information you requested from the original lender...... account unenforceable until information available to us...blah blah"

Status update: No longer paying and no contact from me.
        Latest update

XX/01/23 Letter received offering 75% discount

XX/02/23 Letter received to set up your ideal payment plan

03/23 Cabot "Setting up a payment plan"

03/23 Cabot Statement of account

04/23 Cabot "It's time to get back on track"

05/23 Cabot "Explore your payment options"

08/23 Cabot "It's time to get back on track"

09/23 Cabot "Explore your payment options"

Comment

"..
          XX/11/22 Letter " we haven't been able to obtain the information you requested from the original lender...... account unenforceable until information available to us...blah blah"
          .."
          Silence is Golden

Comment

Originally posted by Pondpaddler2 View Post
            Debt 6

Type Halifax Credit Card
            Date Commenced: Nov 1999

Current Balance: £14000

Default Date: July 2012

Owner: Cabot

CCA sent Oct 2022

XX/10/22 Acknowledgement and do not have relevant information... requesting agreement from original lender, account on hold.

XX/10/22 Letter "still processing your request.... currently unenforceable."

Status update: No longer paying and no contact from me.
            Latest update

XX/01/23 Letter received offering 75% discount

XX/02/23 Letter received to set up your ideal payment plan

03/23 Cabot "Setting up a payment plan"

03/23 Cabot Statement of account

04/23 Cabot "It's time to get back on track"

05/23 Cabot "Explore your payment options"

08/23 Cabot "It's time to get back on track"

09/23 Cabot "Explore your payment options"
            It looks as if you are in a strong position.

Of course I would keep quiet and wait for 2028 (or 6 years from last payment). If they come back with a better offer and YOU decide that it is better for YOU (for whatever reason and stuff others opinions - even mine ?) to be rid then that is of course your decision. As I said, I would not do anything at this point . I personally had a debt where they regularly sent me 90% discount offers which I did not respond to and it is now dead and buried.

Good luck.

Comment

Silence Yes. Because of the Statute Bar Clock.

But a little background homework here. Making notes for your personal records will strengthen your understanding of Cabots problems here.
              You will have realised there are issues with pre 2007 CCA's so Tick that box
              But also the Iron Mountain Fire July 2006 Might be an issue.
              The Banking crisis 2008/9 Lloyds were thrown together with Royal Bank Of Scotland. There are potential issues with CCA procedures and documents as a direct result of that crisis especially in that Royal Bank of Scotland, Halifax and Lloyds Bank mash-up.
              The inability to respond to your CCA S.78 request (plus £1) means its UE unless and until this is fulfilled and it may well be actually irredeemably UE. In which CASE they shouldn't be reporting it with the CRA'a
              Who within the Cabot group was Assigned the Debt? Because there may be issues over Authorisation.

My own experience of looking, reading an researching led me actually to see and understand that All my debts were actually fatally flawed and EU. I also realised that Tactics including knowing that DCA's were reading my Diary.
              What I must stress again and again is the importance of the AAD Diary.

You see with the addition of a few key details in Diary entries can really act to your benefit and to the advice given!
              Last edited by Roger; 7 December 2023, 10:48.

Comment

Just to point out that it is Bank of Scotland which is part of Lloyds Banking Group. Royal Bank of Scotland is part of NatWest Group.

Comment

Originally posted by Still Waving View Post
                  Just to point out that it is Bank of Scotland which is part of Lloyds Banking Group. Royal Bank of Scotland is part of NatWest Group.
                  I am Corrected! Thank you one of the benefits of AAD!

Comment

For your Egg/Barclaycard one have a look at Colin's response in my thread:

https://all-about-debt.co.uk/forum/d...05#post1544105

Comment

Working...
                    X