GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Hello folks from a diary virgin ! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello folks from a diary virgin !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hello folks from a diary virgin !

No Niddy, Cheers to YOU mate

Comment

Welcome to the site Ariz.

What an awful 2009 you had; any one of those situations would be difficult enough to deal with in isolation but all together...

At least with Niddy's help, you are getting one thing sorted out which will relieve the pressure on you so you can channel all your emotional resources to cope with your wife's illness and your daughter's divorce.

Allan said it all very eloquently in his long post, especially the part about us all being equal, vulnerable and in need of support. That support comes from both Niddy and the other users of the forum and it really is invaluable, whether it's a shoulder to cry on when things aren't going so well or a laugh and a joke on the chat threads.
      Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi Pix, Alan and the gang,
        Good to have your comments and very reassuring. Its my belief that when you get to a certain age in life you become very well equipped to deal with the likes of the organisations we are talking about here. A combination of grey matter and grey hair !

Being a reasonably unselfish sort of guy, who always puts family first it, seems to me that Nid and you good people are only scratching the surface in being able to adequately defend normal mortals from the behaviour of financial organisation who will simply lie and cheat to achieve their ends. What really concerns me is the number of good, normal working people who have been unfairly put under huge pressure unfairly.

When you consider the number of people who have posted stuff on this website, and rightly so, about the activities of such financial firms and their minders I do wonder if we are a reasonable representative body with enough clout to bring one of these dinosaurs to their knees by a collective complaint to OFT, FSA etc. What a coup that would be for the down-trodden financial consumer to actually take blood from one of these organisations by the potential to remove their Consumer Credit License !

Food for thought ?

Thanks for your contributions and your wishes for my family. Its appreciated.
        Best ARIZ

Comment

Good idea Ariz but to be fair a class action is extremely costly, time consuming and delicate that it really isn't worth it. In order to get one of the firms closed you need to have a lot of clear evidence that suggests they are deliberately contravening OFT guidelines or other regulatory bodies rules.

That said, harassing people to pay a *disputed* debt would not be enough i'm afraid, as for UE claims the OFT does not get involved either (wimps) so really we don't have much unless we see a huge turnaround of companies that behave such as Billypre's experience with Newmans.....

Anyway, it is a good idea but something i'd not promote due to the time and cost implications. For me to involve myself would mean dropping the forum and although I do hate DCA's - helping the vast users here takes presedence over bringing a DCA to their knees....

gh gh
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hi Nid,

Yep, take your point, well made as usual. Perhaps me being ultra-ambitous, bearing in mind that maybe no-one gives a monkeys anyway. As you say OFT and others would not want to step out of line.
            As you rightly say, providing the means for folk to defend themselves is a good enough ideal and I have to say you do that extremely well. And I am very conscious of the contribution you have made to my financial life and outlook. Not out of the woods yet, but maybe I can see a bit of daylight.
            Will keep you updated.
            Thanks for your comments
            Best ARIZ

Comment

Cheers - best of luck
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hey Nid,
                I sent the following to your personal e mail acc, but I thought it useful to post this on site as the info re M&S " ageements " might be of interest to others.

You' re working well ! New site looks good.

If you recall I posted my short diary back a couple of months ago. My wife seems much more able to manage now in her struggle with lymphoma...and to be frank with you not a great deal has happened in real terms with my other creditors, Barclays and RBS still banging the drum, but not one of them has sent me a copy of a signed agreement yet, only what appear to be t&c' s. And I like to use the site information rather than come to you with answers I can find on the site, call me old fashioned but that' s why you set it up !

Most recent event is a letter from Debt Managers in Edinburgh, who have said they are returning the file back to Barclaycard and will not be pursuing. That' s after Mercers and Calders went through the same process ! So the brilliant Niddy plan is working, although I have to say that Debt Managers are probably the most intimidating in terms of their correspondence. Taking me to Court in Rotherham and all that, but I would urge all others to stand their ground if they' re sure of the ue of the stuff they' ve been supplied with.

However, I need your clarification of the attached from M&S. This is my wifes account and she stopped paying some months ago. She sent them the usual CCA letter followed by reminders, followed by a further letter from your arsenal saying it was still unenforceable. ( application form )

She has been sent the application ( attached ) for the third time, which in my view is ue because the prescribed terms are under the financial and related details and the signature is on the opposite side of the form CCA1974 S60(1), as demonstrated on the AAD website. ( I' m getting to be a good NIDDY student ! )Also it would be good to find out what constitutes a real signature, as the creditor " signature " is a pre-printed M&S FS in very tiny print and not what I would consider a signature.

I know you' re busy with the website, so I will understand any delay, appeciated mate !

Regards ARIZ

Comment

Just to clarify, Debt Managers "taking me to Court in Rotherham" was merely a threat in one of their recent letters, quite predictably it never happened...

Thanks Elsie52.

Cheers ARIZ

Comment

Originally posted by ariz View Post
                    Hey Nid,
                    I sent the following to your personal e mail acc, but I thought it useful to post this on site as the info re M&S " ageements " might be of interest to others.

You' re working well ! New site looks good.

If you recall I posted my short diary back a couple of months ago. My wife seems much more able to manage now in her struggle with lymphoma...and to be frank with you not a great deal has happened in real terms with my other creditors, Barclays and RBS still banging the drum, but not one of them has sent me a copy of a signed agreement yet, only what appear to be t&c' s. And I like to use the site information rather than come to you with answers I can find on the site, call me old fashioned but that' s why you set it up !

Most recent event is a letter from Debt Managers in Edinburgh, who have said they are returning the file back to Barclaycard and will not be pursuing. That' s after Mercers and Calders went through the same process ! So the brilliant Niddy plan is working, although I have to say that Debt Managers are probably the most intimidating in terms of their correspondence. Taking me to Court in Rotherham and all that, but I would urge all others to stand their ground if they' re sure of the ue of the stuff they' ve been supplied with.

However, I need your clarification of the attached from M&S. This is my wifes account and she stopped paying some months ago. She sent them the usual CCA letter followed by reminders, followed by a further letter from your arsenal saying it was still unenforceable. ( application form )

She has been sent the application ( attached ) for the third time, which in my view is ue because the prescribed terms are under the financial and related details and the signature is on the opposite side of the form CCA1974 S60(1), as demonstrated on the AAD website. ( I' m getting to be a good NIDDY student ! )Also it would be good to find out what constitutes a real signature, as the creditor " signature " is a pre-printed M&S FS in very tiny print and not what I would consider a signature.

I know you' re busy with the website, so I will understand any delay, appeciated mate !

Regards ARIZ
                    Hiya

sorry for the delay! Nice one regards to the court lol - muppets aren't they?

As for M&S - can you please email me this cos I haven't got an email from you .....

Thanks again

Comment

Just to clarify, Debt Managers "taking me to Court in Rotherham" was merely a threat in one of their recent letters, quite predictably it never happened...

Thanks Elsie52.

Cheers ARIZ
                      They usually are threats lol..... its always a question of having the balls, if you have plenty then you will most probably win lol...

Typical bully-boy tactics eh?

Comment

Many thanks NID,

I did send you the copies of the M&S deal a couple of days ago on your e mail.

Will send again anyway, so no probs.
                        Cheers ARIZ

Comment

NID,
                          Just a note to say you' re spot on. You do need the balls. it' s easy to be intimidated by DCA' s who will do and say anything.....but balls we have a plenty !
                          Thanks again ARIZ

Comment

Many thanks NID,

I did send you the copies of the M&S deal a couple of days ago on your e mail.

Will send again anyway, so no probs.
                            Cheers ARIZ
                            Please send it using the link below in my signature called "E-Mail CCA"...... thanks

Comment

Working...
                            X