GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Clueless about CCAs - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clueless about CCAs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The PRA agreement looks good, but I suspect the variation copy they sent still has flaws. If they tried to pursue through the court then I'm sure our solicitors would find enough fault to help - but it's a small balance and may not be worthwhile.

As I said in my email, ideally you ought to consider cessation of payment to the DMP to allow time to pass and help with SB - but of course it's your decision and if you're happy paying into the DMP for decades, then carry on.

You could try making a cheeky £500 offer or something if they get arsey / threatening legal action so by ceasing payments you aren't shooting yourself in the foot. You're essentially taking the control away from the DCA.

Read other diaries to try and get a better idea of how to play the system

Niddy
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thank you for the time you've taken to look at the paperwork. I was hopeful that it wouldn't count because it said, "We will choose your credit limit and tell you what it is." instead of actually telling me a credit limit. But I was so wrong! ? That was just me guessing but not having a clue.

Either way, I have called the DMP today and closed the whole thing down. I think I agree with you (I say "think" because the truth is I don't really know what I'm doing) that I'll just not pay anything and see what happens. This particular company annoyed me, even though they were the only ones who would negotiate, because they made an offer a few years ago that I couldn't afford at the time, but recently my mom offered to help out so I put it to them and they made an offer that was MORE than a few years ago even though I now owe them LESS!

So I'm going to ride it out for a bit and see what happens. If they call me I'll just moan at them for their arbitrary number picking with someone (me) actively trying to be helpful and find a fair middle ground. I'll then make a minimal offer, as you suggested, and see where we go.

But for now I'll just stop paying and see what happens.

Thank you all for the help and support.

Comment

I would suggest not speaking to them on the phone (tell them "everything in writing" if they do phone).

The longer you maintain silence - ie not responding to their calls/letters - they may be more inclined to accept an offer, just to clear the books. Just report any developments here for further comment.

Comment

Let me explain PRA's problem!
          These debts that they purchase for pennies in the pound are NOT considered priority Debts

Now a court would look at Income and Expenditure AND place the Priority DEBTS thats Heating, Lighting, Food, Travel (to get to work etc..) Clothing at the top of the LIST at the bottom end will be these CCA Bank Debts!
          Now You Me and the World knows that because of INFLATION and the Cost of Gas and Electricity then FOOD and Lighting And Heating and Travel are heading for the MOON and are likely to be with Us for what 2 years or more.

Thats called playing the system. Because PRA brought a unpayable DEBT and my guess is they would be very lucky to get £1 per month for repayment. Indeed I would thankfully leap for JOY if a Court set that for the Debt Repayment.

Step back look (for you own purposes at your Income and Expenditure) look at the Rising Costs and ask yourself what can I realistically pay if any!

You are a long way away from a CCJ.
          Silence!! Block their Phone Number ! Spam their emails ! Ant letters come back on here

Comment

The longer you maintain silence - ie not responding to their calls/letters - they may be more inclined to accept an offer
            And any conversation may reset the statute-barred clock - why make it any easier for them than it has to be?

Comment

So thought I'd do a quick update..... The three that couldn't find anything I haven't heard from them. Good Times! ?

The one that supplied the CCA I shared here... Wow! They've gone all out! They rang every single day and sent many text messages. So I blocked their number. Then I learned that a blocked number can still leave you voicemails so I got an automated voicemail every day. I haven't actually used my voicemail for about 10 years so I just turned it off. Fixed! (although they're still "calling" me every day because when I plug my phone in to my car they show up at missed calls, it just doesn't get through) But I've also had many, many letters telling me they're glad I've closed my DMP because now I can talk to them directly. And I've had quite a few emails. It's been quite relentless....... But I've ignored it all. ?

Let's see how it turns out.... But just thought I'd update and add a quick thanks.

Hope you are all well.

Comment

Well done. Keep up the silent treatment.

But which account are you referring to? It's helpful to provide a full update, rather than expect others to search for the account in question.

Comment

PRA are certainly persistent. I have an unenforcable debt with them and they keep offering me discounts, emailing me every week or two and phone me every day or two with their auto dialler. Once the offer expires they give me another one within a week and carry on again. I've blocked the number and just delete the voicemails they leave. I find it quite amusing really as they are making it so obvious that they dont have a leg to stand on.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkles View Post
                    I find it quite amusing really as they are making it so obvious that they dont have a leg to stand on.
                    Yep, I've had letters (not from PRA) offering me 90% discount. As it's been SB for several years, I haven't been tempted.

Comment

Working...
                    X