GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Clueless about CCAs - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clueless about CCAs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clueless about CCAs

Good afternoon. I'm new here as Google pointed me in this direction in relation to a CCA I just received. But first a little background.

I was being very sensible with credit for a few years but then I had a car crash that left me unable to work for a while and having to pay loads in physio and support a family. To be honest, that only did a fraction of the damage compared to the damage done by trying to keep my head above water afterwards. I didn't know about Debt help or relief or anything and ended up using credit cards to pay credit cards and, when they got full, I panicked and just increased the limits. It spiralled so fast. Clearly it was all destined to topple and topple it did. So in about 2012 I started a DMP that I'm still on. I've been paying about £80pm lately. There are four debts with three companies.

PRA Group - £1927.81 (Barclaycard)
    Link Financial - £2015.11 (Virgin)
    IDEM - £3231.59 (Lloyds TSB)
    IDEM - £839.37 (Tesco)

Due to the DMP they all defaulted and then fell off my file 6 years later (2018) so now my file is clean.

About 7 weeks ago (13/6/22) I requested a CCA from them all (along with the £1 postal order) and got 4 letters back, within two weeks, saying they couldn't get copies, so I told my DMP provider to suspend all payments for now.

But now, 27/07/22, PRA have sent something that looks like a CCA. It does have the correct address for the time it was taken out (I've moved house about 5 times since then) but not much else. Although it's from 2009 so I think after the years when details were stricter, maybe?

Is this something you could maybe help with? Or advise?

Thank you ever so much for your time.

Paul.

Apologies..... It's not very diary like. Is this in the wrong place?

Paul.

Comment

Get back to you soon
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Send Cca copy not redacted to webmaster@all-aboutdebt.co.uk. Reference this thread to look at t
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Done. Thank you.

Comment

It will help if you could flesh these out with individual diary entry`s
            As much detail as you can!

If my understanding is correct these are all pre 2012 (2018 minus 6 years when they fell of the CRA'S)
            There are issues probably with all of these and a Diary entry will help deal with them!

. Type of account:
            . Date commenced:
            . Approx balance:
            . Date last paid in full:
            . Status:
            . Current status:
            . Assigned:
            . Account Owner:

Comment

Debt 1

Type of account: Credit Card . Date commenced: Feb 09
              . Approx balance: 1927.82
              . Date last paid in full: 2012
              . Status: Defaulted
              . Current status: Cleared off Credit File
              . Assigned: 23/8/12
              . Account Owner: PRA Group

13.6.22 Requested CCA
              27.6.22 Letter saying CCA not found.
              27.7.22 CCA Copy produced. Email sent in to here.

Debt 2

Type of account: Credit Card
              . Date commenced: I can't remember. Noughties.
              . Approx balance: 2015.11
              . Date last paid in full:2012
              . Current status: Off Credit File
              . Assigned: 16/10/12
              . Account Owner: Link Financial

13.6.22 Requested CCA
              02.7.22 Letter saying CCA not found.

Debt 3

. Date commenced: don't remember. Noughties.
              . Approx balance: 3231.59
              . Assigned: 17/11/16
              . Account Owner: Paragon / Idem

13.6.22 Requested CCA

Debt 4

IDEM - £839.37 (Tesco)

. Type of account: Credit Card
              . Date commenced: Don't remember. Noughties.
              . Approx balance: 839.37
              . Assigned: 12/3/15
              . Account Owner: Paragon / Idem

13.6.22 Requested CCA

Is this better? Yes, all were defaulted in 2012 when I entered the DMP so they all fell off my credit file in 201
              Last edited by PeeDee; 3 August 2022, 07:02.

Comment

Account owner just means who owns it now. For example the Barclaycard one was originially owned by Barclaycard, and then sold to PRA who are the owner now. Assigned is another word for sold, so just put the date it was sold there.

Comment

Originally posted by PeeDee View Post
                  Debt 1

Type of account: Credit Card . Date commenced: Feb 09
                  . Approx balance: 1927.82
                  ??????. Current status: Cleared off Credit File
                  . Assigned: I Don't Understand This means what date did PRA take the account over
                  . Account Owner: Me? PRA bought the account so they are the owner

13.6.22 Requested CCA
                  27.7.22 CCA Copy produced. Email sent in to here.

Debt 2

. Date commenced: I can't remember. Noughties.
                  . Approx balance: 2015.11
                  . Date last paid in full:2012
                  . Assigned:? when was it passed to LINK?
                  . Account Owner: Me what part of LINK is writing to you?

13.6.22 Requested CCA
                  02.7.22 Letter saying CCA not found.

Debt 3

. Date commencedon't remember. Noughties.
                  . Approx balance: 3231.59
                  . Assigned:? When was it passed to IDEM
                  Account Owner: Me If Idem bought the account then they own it.

13.6.22 Requested CCA

Debt 4

IDEM - £839.37 (Tesco)

???????Type of account: Credit Card
                  . Date commenced: Don't remember. Noughties.
                  . Approx balance: 839.37
                  . Assigned:? When did Idem take over the account
                  . Account Owner:Me As Debt 3

13.6.22 Requested CCA

???????Is this better? Yes, all were defaulted in 2012 when I entered the DMP so they all fell off my credit file in 2018.
                  Hi when the debt passes from the original company you took the card out with, it is said to be assigned, the company that buys it is now the Owner.

When the debts are bought they are in bulk lots, so the buyer has no sight of any paperwork.
                  Depending on the wording of the sale, they may not be allowed to see any CCA, this means that if they do not have the original they cannot enforce in Court, although some will try and convince you they can.
                  A CCA request is you asking for information about your contract, they may send a reconstructed copy of it, then say they have sent what you asked for, this is a true fact, BUT.. what they have sent is for information only, it may have your name , Address, and other information on it, but to go to court they must supply an original copy. along with terms and conditions ( T&C)

Niddy (webmaster) will look at what you have been sent, no one else will see it.
                  He is at the moment enjoying the sunshine poolside, in a holiday destination overseas, so he may not get back to you straight away.

any questions, or letters received, let us know.

Do not talk to any of the Debt companys or reply to letters without seeing if we can explain what they are doing and why you don't need to reply.

We will give you some options, then the choice is yours as what to do.

Welcome to AAD.

Nightwatch x (Mrs)

Comment

Ah, okay. I have adjusted. Thank you for explaining.

Comment

Ok so where you have in writing CCA not found these are ALL Unenforceable until such times as your request is fulfilled.

This leaves PRA and Barclaycard. There are known issues with Barclaycard (does the name MERCER appear in your records?)
                      Check you records because I suspect that PRA were not the Assignees instead most likely this was Aktiv (PRA brought out the Aktiv Group
                      19/11/2014 Aktiva were BROUGHT by PRA
                      https://globenewswire.com/news-relea...v-Kapital.html

So there are likely to be issues here irrespective of whether the CCA is or isn't EN

STOP all payments and contacts with these DCA's. The Statute Bar is 6 years plus 1 month and you do not want to restart this!

Comment

Check you records because I suspect that PRA were not the Assignees instead most likely this was Aktiv
                        According to my records PRA took it in directly from Barclaycard in August 2012.

I did immediately stop paying everything after requesting CCAs. And I'll hold off on restarting PRA payments to see what Niddy says.

In some weird way, if I do have one enforceable, I'd rather it was them. I tried a F&F settlement with everyone before I knew about this CCA thing and PRA were the only ones who would engage. IDEM said they would NEVER accept anything less than 100% for both debts! And Link didn't even reply. So I'm glad they haven't found anything.

But I'll keep my fingers crossed that this is UE and the rest remain so.

Comment

Do you have the original notice of Assignment from Barclaycard?

If you look at my Diary my MBNA Card was brought by Aktiv 2012 in later correspondence PRA claimed the Assignment
                          https://all-about-debt.co.uk/forum/d...02#post1304502
                          and
                          My Egg Card transferred into a Barclaycard by Link
                          https://all-about-debt.co.uk/forum/d...22#post1304922

Now that PRA have sent you that CCA I suggest that you request a SAR from Barclaycard , which will include PRA's correspondence with them.
                          It should also include MERCER's dealings if any.

Comment

IDEM said they would NEVER accept anything less than 100%
                            Karma is a beautiful thing.
                            Last edited by Night Monkey; 4 August 2022, 10:59.

Comment

Originally posted by Night Monkey View Post

Karma is a beautiful thing.
                              Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh peacefull!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X