GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script gameplan diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

gameplan diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gameplan diary

Hello,

Help please.
    I have five debts which came from a marrige. I am now divorced and find myself approximately £34,000 in debt.
    My husband went bankrupt but utility debts that were in both our names came to me. I managed to pay those off over six years but the remaining debts are loans, overdraft and a credit card balance that I took out on the advice of my husband to pay the mortgage etc during our marriage. All of the debtors are accepting £1.00 per month but I am obviously not getting anywhere.
    I would be grateful for your thoughts on my options as to how I move forward with this. I am self employed and rent my accommodation.
    None of the accounts show on my credit report - last checked 15-01-22.
    I have listed the five debts below.
    Thankyou

Type of account: Credit card
    Date commenced: Approx early eighties I took out this card
    Approx balance: £12,500
    Date last paid in full: Approx mid 2011
    Status: Barclaycard unable to comply with CCA and hence they consider the account unenforceable - Have cancelled payment arrangement of £1 a month
    Current status: This account is not showing at all on my credit report!
    Assigned: Approx 2011 to Link Financial
    Account Owner: Barclaycard

23-11-20 Received letter from Link asking me to complete attached income/expenditure form.
    24/01/22 CCA request sent to Link.
    26-01-22 Received text from Link saying contact them with latest income/expenditure figures
    21/02/22 Received letter from Link saying original creditor has confirmed that they are currently unable to comply with CCA request 12 day timeframe.
    05/03/22 Received letter from Link saying original creditor has been unable to comply with CCA and therefore the account is considered as unenforceable.
    01/04/22 Received text from Link saying "We need to speak to you about you making a payment".
    04/04/22 Received phone call from Link - I refused to go through security and told chap everything must be in writing.
    08/04/22 Received letter from Link saying I need to phone them (no explanation as to why).
    13/04/22 Received phone call from Link - I told woman everything must be in writing. She said in that case they will remove my telephone number from their database and stop calling me.
    20/04/22 Received letter from Link saying I need to phone them (no explanation as to why).
    22/04/22 Received letter from Link saying I need to phone them about overdue payment.
    29/04/22 Received email from Link saying I need to phone them about two overdue payments.
    07/05/22 Received "two separate" letters from Link both saying my payment arrangement has been cancelled and I need to contact them to make a payment.
    20/05/22 Received Arrears Notice from Link saying full amount now due as monthly arrangement has been cancelled.
    29/05/22 Received letter from Link saying I need to contact them.
    04/06/22 Received letter from Link and they now actually say that this Barclaycard account was sold to Asset Link Capital (No5) Ltd in 2016 adding that I need to contact them so they can gain an understanding of my current financial circumstances.
    09/07/22 Received letter from Link saying they want me to pay over £100 a month to them in a payment plan and to contact them - Filed away!
    August 2022 Received email from Link saying I need to phone them about making a payment.

From August 2022 to May 2023 Received letters from Link and two Arrears Notice/Statements of Account - Ignored and filed all.

Last edited by gameplan; 25 May 2023, 14:35.

Comment

Type of account: overdraft
      Date commenced: Mid eighties
      Approx balance: £2800.00
      Date last paid in full: approximately 2009
      Status: Awaiting overdue CCA reply - Have cancelled payment arrangement of £1 a month
      Assigned: Barclays collections and recoveries - July 2022 to Wescot - January 2023 to Moorcroft
      Account Owner: Barclays bank (Private account)

24/01/22 CCA request sent to Barclays Collections & Recoveries.
      10/02/22 Received letter from Barclays Collections & Recoveries. Eleven days after they received the CCA and four years since the last letter they sent me! They want updated income & expeniture details. Letter filed and I await answer to CCA.
      16/02/22 Received letter from Barclays Head Office customer relations stating a reference number I have never seen before and thanking me for my letter dated 23 September 2021! The letter is definitely in reply to the CCA request they received from me on 25/01/22! They give detailed explanation which basically says the CCA request does not apply to an overdraft.
      10/03/22 Received letter from Barclays Collections & Recoveries. They say as they have not received an updated income & expeniture sheet they assume there are no changes. They add I should keep paying the £1 a month to prevent action taken against me. I have ceased the £1 a month payment and filed the letter and await answer to CCA.
      26/04/22 Received letter from Barclays Collections & Recoveries. They say I have overdue payments and debt recovery action may be started against this account.
      26/05/22 Received letter from Barclays Collections & Recoveries (They are using an incorrect postcode for me still). They say I have overdue payments and this debt may now be sold to a third party debt collection agency.
      23/07/22 Received letter from Barclays Collections & Recoveries (They are using an incorrect postcode for me still). They say account now passed to Wescot to manage.
      24/07/22 to 30/07/22 Wescot sent x2 texts / x4 recorded messages / x1 letter re contact us to pay.
      01/08/22 to 06/08/22 Wescot sent x1 text / x6 recorded messages / x2 letters re contact us to pay.

From 06/08/22 to 26/10/22 Wescot contacted me a total of 42 times by phone, text or letter.
      18/01/23 Received letter from Barclays Bank UK PLC (They are using an incorrect postcode for me still). They say account now passed to Moorcroft to manage.
      18/01/23 Received letter from Moorcroft saying they have been instructed by Barclays Bank UK PLC to collect the account.

From January 2023 to May 2023 Received numerous telephone calls, letters and texts from Moorcroft - Ignored and filed all.

Last edited by gameplan; 25 May 2023, 14:39.

Comment

Type of account: Storecard
        Date commenced: Early eighties I took this card out
        Approx balance: £750.00
        Date last paid in full: Approximately 2009
        Status: Arrow Global response to CCA was to send a half completed application form which Niddy says is UE - Have cancelled payment arrangement of £1 a month
        Assigned: June2023 to Capquest
        Account Owner: Debenhams

24/01/22 CCA request sent to Moorcroft.
        29/01/22 Received letter from Moorcroft. They will not make contact with me regarding collection whilst this issue (CCA) is being investigated. They need to make contact with their client which may take some time. They will keep taking the monthly payment of £1 unless I have cancelled the payment.
        04/02/22 Received another letter from Moorcroft telling me they are not seeking to enforce an agreement and have only asked that payment is made towards a debt that is outstanding. They go on to say “If you believe that we are unable to ask that your account is repaid provide us with specific details so our client can address any concerns you may have. This request is asked to minimise potential costs and delays”.
        06/04/22 Received reply from Moorcroft re CCA. They have been in contact with Arrow Global Limited who have supplied a half completed application form as their response to my CCA request.
        10/04/22 Sent the CCA response to Niddy for his thoughts. He says it is UE.
        21/05/22 Received letter from Moorcroft saying complete attached Income and Expenditure Form and send to them.
        25/06/22 Received statement of account from Arrow.

From July 2022 to November 2022 Received numerous telephone calls, letters and texts from Moorcroft - Ignored and filed all.
        December 2022 Received letter from Moorcroft saying “As no contact they may return account to client.”

June 2023 Received Statement from Capquest (so Moorcroft have returned account) saying Capquest have been appointed by Intrum Poplar Designated Activity Company as administrator of my agreement and to contact Capquest to make payment.

Last edited by gameplan; 24 June 2023, 14:13.

Comment

Type of account: Business loan
          Date commenced: Approx 2007
          Approx balance: £7500.00
          Date last paid in full: Approximately 2008
          Status: Awaiting overdue CCA reply - Credit Style have not taken a payment of £1 a month since 2020
          Assigned: Approx 2009 to Credit Style
          Account Owner: Barclays bank (Business Account)

24/01/22 CCA request sent to Credit Style.
          May 2023 Still no reply to my CCA request sent to Credit Style in January 2022.
          Last edited by gameplan; 25 May 2023, 14:42.

Comment

Type of account: Loan
            Date commenced: 2010
            Approx balance: £8900.00
            Date last paid in full: Approximately 2011
            Status: In reply to CCA request Intrum informed Wescot that they can not obtain a copy of the agreement - Have cancelled payment arrangement of £1 a month
            Assigned: Approx 2012 to Wescot - August 2022 back with Intrum - January 2023 to Link Financial Outsourcing Ltd
            Account Owner: AA Personal Finance

2010 AA Finance rescheduled loan.
            January 2011 Default notice received.
            December 2011 Another default notice received.
            24/01/22 CCA request sent to Wescot.
            29/01/22 Received letter from Wescot and they have returned the CCA letter I sent them plus the postal order. They say “We are not the creditor for this account but are instructed on behalf of the above client. (Top of letter reads - Client: Intrum owned LBG Account). In the circumstances we are returning your postal order as this needs to be made payable to Intrum. You can either send your request direct to our client or resend it to us and we will forward it on.”
            04/02/22 Original CCA request letter and postal order plus letter I received from Wescot on 29/01/22 I have now sent to Intrum.
            28/03/22 Received text from Wescot asking me to phone them.
            June 2022 Still no reply from Intrum re the CCA request sent to then on 04/02/22.
            25/06/22 Received letter from Wescot offering 80% reduction if paid in thirty days.
            July 2022 At last in reply to January CCA request I received letter from Wescot saying Intrum have advised they are unable to obtain copy of agreement for this account. Intrum have also withdrawn account from Wescot.
            August 2022 Received letter from Intrum which has no mention at all re CCA request or the fact they are unable to obtain agreement. They want me to contact them to repay outstanding balance.

August / September 2022 Received four texts plus four phone calls plus three letters from Intrum.
            September 2022 Received letter from Intrum saying “We’re thinking of taking you to court”.

From September 2022 to November 2022 numerous telephone calls, letters and texts from Intrum including from their “Legal Department” (The table by the window with the nice view) - Ignored and filed all.
            January 2023 Link Financial Outsourcing sent a text saying they wrote recently but no reply - I never received any letter!!
            January 2023 to May 2023 Received numerous telephone calls, texts and a letter in April 2023 from Link - Their letter states that I will be aware that account xxxxxxxxx previously owned by LC Asset 2 S.a.r.l. is being serviced by Link Financial Outsourcing Ltd.

Last edited by gameplan; 25 May 2023, 14:51.

Comment

Hi gameplan, welcome.

People with more knowledge than me will be along in due course to advise, but in the meantime can I ask whether you've made the £1pm agreements yourself or via an organization like StepChange, and have each of the accounts been formally defaulted?

Have they just dropped off your credit file due to their age?

Are you getting any correspondence or contact regarding them at the moment?

Apologies for bombarding you with questions, but the more background available the better the advice will be.

You've come to the right place, and good luck...
              Last edited by Night Monkey; 15 January 2022, 17:44.

Comment

Well now looking at your Debts and considering a number of factors which you may or may not know
                With Barclaycard and Barclays!
                Iron Mountain
                Mercer

Type of account: Credit card
                Date commenced: Approx early eighties I took out this card
                Approx balance: £12,500
                Date last paid in full: Approx mid 2011
                Assigned: Approx 2011 to Link Financial
                Account Owner: Barclaycard

I suggest you send CCA S.78 (Plus £1 Postal Order - making a note of the Postal Order Number) to LINK. (NOT Barclaycard)
                Whilst this request is outstanding the Debt is UE. The Law for pre 2007 Consumer Cards is different from later years

The same applies to
                Type of account: Business loan
                Date commenced: Approx 2007
                Approx balance: £7500.00
                Date last paid in full: Approximately 2008
                Assigned: Approx 2009 to Credit Style
                Account Owner: Barclays bank (Business Account)

Send S.78 CCA request plus £1 to Credit Style!! (NOT Barclays)

Type of account: Storecard
                Date commenced: Early eighties I took this card out
                Approx balance: £750.00
                Date last paid in full: Approximately 2009
                Assigned: Approx 2010 to Moorcroft
                Account Owner: Debenhams

Again send S.78 CCA request plus £1 to MOORCROFT (NOT Debenhams)

Type of account: overdraft
                Date commenced: Mid eighties
                Approx balance: £2800.00
                Date last paid in full: approximately 2009
                Assigned: Barclays collections and recoveries
                Account Owner: Barclays bank (Private account)

Send S.78 CCA request plus £1 to Barclays collections and recoveries! (NOT Barclays)

Type of account: Loan
                Date commenced: 2010
                Approx balance: £8900.00
                Date last paid in full: Approximately 2011
                Assigned: Approx 2012 to Westcot
                Account Owner: AA Personal Finance

Send S.78 CCA request plus £1 to Westcot! (NOT AA Personal Finance)

Use the AAD template

Come back here once you start to receive Letters etc..

Comment

Originally posted by gameplan View Post
                  Hello,

Help please.
                  I have five debts which came from a marrige. I am now divorced and find myself approximately £34,000 in debt.
                  My husband went bankrupt but utility debts that were in both our names came to me. I managed to pay those off over six years but the remaining debts are loans, overdraft and a credit card balance that I took out on the advice of my husband to pay the mortgage etc during our marriage. All of the debtors are accepting £1.00 per month but I am obviously not getting anywhere.
                  I would be grateful for your thoughts on my options as to how I move forward with this. I am self employed and rent my accommodation.
                  None of the accounts show on my credit report - last checked 15-01-22.
                  I have listed the five debts below.
                  Thankyou
                  Hi gameplan. Welcome to AAD. Early on its very daunting. However you will soon start to feel more in control of your situation, you will get excellent advise on here, Take care and have a good weekend

Comment

Hello,

Thankyou for your very prompt responses and words of luck.

In answer to the questions that Night Monkey has asked:-
                    No problem at all with you asking me questions and I will gladly answer them as best I can as I really want to sort this all out.
                    Regarding the current £1 a month I pay ...... I offered £1 a month to each creditor and they all accepted.
                    Regarding being defaulted by any .... I really do not remember/know. My documents that I managed to rescue when I split up are stored in the loft so I will look through them to see if I can find any creditor's default letters.
                    Regarding accounts dropping off my credit report due to age ... I only started looking at my credit report a few months ago and none of these accounts have shown on there in this time. I do not understand about how long they stay on there etc so I can not help much on this question.
                    Regarding getting any correspondence or contact regarding the accounts ..... In the beginning I was bombarded with emails, letters, texts and phone calls but in the last four years each account holder has been in touch approx twice a year by letter, email, phone or text but in the last three months Link Financial have contacted me many times via email, text and letter demanding I complete and send them an income/expenditure form but up till now I have not responded to them ..... advice please!

In answer to post by Roger:-
                    Thank you and I will send the CCA requests off this week but may I ask the following:-
                    Do I sign the CCA template letters as normal on the signature strip which is added at the bottom of the letter?
                    Do I send each by "signed for" post or will just "proof of posting" be ok?
                    Do I leave the name to pay on postal orders blank, or do I fill in the company name I am sending to, or the original creditor? (i.e. Blank or Barclays or Link Financial for first account).

To stuckinarut .... Thank you for your kind words and you to have a good weekend.

Comment

Your S.78 CCA (plus £1 which is a legal requirement with the CCA74 Act!) IS THE ONLY COMUNICATION NECESSARY TO ANY OF THESE !!
                      Ignore Links letter! By The Way Only a Judge can make you complete an income/expenditure!

The S.78 is a Consumers legal Right!! After 14 days the Debt is UE until they comply!!

Niddy has the template here with explainations
                      CCA Request (s.77, s.78, s.79) - AAD Consumer Forum (all-about-debt.co.uk)

Notice Sign Digitally / Type Name! I never sign in my normal Signature! I use a Typed scripted stored in an image and paste the image into the Document!
                      Always the same image AND totally different from a mandate signature!
                      They have your address remember - been writing to you for years! So there is no excuse!
                      I Send Recorded BUT also ask PO for Proof Of Postage! Enter the date into your Diaries for each Debt!
                      Postal Orders the Name of the COMPANY you are writing to! Again I scan and or MOB photo the Postal Orders!

Now a Good Diary with details makes for Good Decisions! Worth looking through past Documents and I usually scan these BUT you can photo with a MOB store and date the scan/photo
                      that way you have an electronic version of key documents.
                      Any letters sent store copies and any received write the Date of Receipt on the envelope and scan both the letter and the envelope!

Comment

proof of postage (free) keep copy on copy request.
                        update diary each ones action taken
                        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hello
                          Advice please.
                          Going to send the CCA requests over the next few days but strangly enough today I received a letter from Westcot regarding the AA personal finance loan serviced by HBOS.
                          They are offering me a settlement figure of approx £1850, the current balance is £8900.00.
                          They say that if this account shows on my credit file it will be updated to show 'Partially settled' with a nil balance. At present it is not showing.
                          Just to explain this loan .... I took it out in approximately 2004 and then in approx 2010 I had almost paid it off when AA finance offered me some more cash and because of my circumstances at the time I accepted. Hence not sure if technically this loan was started in 2004 or 2010 and wether that makes any difference.
                          Shall I still CCA them as I have a relative who is willing to help me with this settlement. Westcot has given me thirty days to reply.
                          Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by gameplan View Post
                            Hello

Just to explain this loan .... I took it out in approximately 2004 and then in approx 2010 I had almost paid it off when AA finance offered me some more cash and because of my circumstances at the time I accepted. Hence not sure if technically this loan was started in 2004 or 2010 and wether that makes any difference.
                            Shall I still CCA them as I have a relative who is willing to help me with this settlement. Westcot has given me thirty days to reply.
                            Thank you.
                            Hi

Did you sign a new agreement for this extra cash offered?

Comment

Hello Still Waving,
                              I have been up in the loft and found a folder containing some docs for this AA Personal Finance account. They have helped me remember what this 2010 "loan" was all about. The info I gave in the previous post is incorrect as I still owed a high amount on the original 2005 loan.
                              Timeline:-
                              Originally taken out 2005. AA letter received early 2010 saying payments on this account overdue. I phoned them and explained I will pay lower monthly amounts but not as much as they asked for as it is the best I can manage at present. Then AA letter received three months later saying payments not sufficent to bring account up to date so it is clear a new loan arrangement would be more suitable and a new loan agreement was included. I signed one copy and sent it back to them and kept the other copy of this credit agreement (have copy here). I have a statement showing this new loan was called a Rescheduled Account. I remember now that I got no money but basically it gave me lower monthly payments and more years added on to pay. (Plus more interest added of course).
                              Also in the loft were two Default Notices for this account ... one dated early 2011 and one dated late 2011. They are identical as far as I can see apart from the outstanding balance amounts and the "remedy the breach" dates.
                              Hope this info helps.

Comment

Working...
                              X