GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script DebtFree2020 Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DebtFree2020 Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PlanB View Post

Hello

Here's my quick answer to your quick question.

Consider whether pointing out a possible/potential issue over the Default date may prompt them to look closer at your file and correct any discrepancy which may not be to your advantage if they were to issue legal proceedings.

PRA are litigious - they are known to issue county court claims at the drop of a hat regardless of whether they have the documentation to succeed. They issued me with a claim which they lost but that didn't prevent them from trying.

Debt purchasers make money out of purchasing debts at a 'discounted' rate and then recovering the full amount owed to the original creditor if they can.

They're in no hurry to recover the sum owed if they know the debtor has a property which they could one day recover the full amount of the debt by way of a Charging Order following a successful court win.

Your post suggests that you currently own a property (unless I've misunderstood).

I'm not doom-mongering because that's not my style, but I am trying to manage your expectations when it comes to F & F settlement offers.

Di

Hi Di,

Thanks for your reply. I agree im probably best not drawing any attention to my account seeing as they cannot produce a credit agreement at the minute. Yes im a home owner and id like to move within the next two years (when my defaults will be almost 5 years old) so ideally they would all be settled.

I’ll sit back and do nothing, hopefully the fact I haven’t paid them anything in months with trigger a better F&F offer soon.

Thanks again!!

Comment

I would agree- less is often more.

Tempting as it is to tell them where there are mistakes or they are acting inappropriately, this can come and bite you when you least expect it. I found it a very hard lesson to learn, only reply to letters that need answering to. Several years ago I wrote to someone saying that their phone calls were harassing , problem was, it might have been seen in acknowledging the debt. Luckily the six years since then has no passed so I am quite happy but it could have ended in tears.

Comment

Working...
      X