GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script DebtFree2020 Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DebtFree2020 Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DebtFree2020 Diary

1. Barclaycard CREDIT CARD -

Date commenced - Feb 2014

Approx balance - £7000

Last full payment (To Barclaycard) - April 2018

Date last DMP payment - December 2020

Default: Aug 2018

Account owner: PRA

CCA Sent: Jan 2021

Feb 2021 - Acknowledged CCA request and account on hold until original creditors get back

March 2021- PRA sent me another letter, informed me that the account was unenforceable until they received further information from Barclaycard although they included a reconstituted T&C sheet and what was supposed to be my CCA agreement. No statement of account, no amount of credit issued and one bigger issue.... they have put my current address on the CCA and I wasn’t living at this address when I opened the account. I didn’t reply or tell them of their error.

April 2021 - Email from PRA stating the debt is now enforceable despite not providing any further information. I raised a complaint and it was upheld, outcome = account unenforceable until they receive further information from Barclaycard as per complaints team. F&F offered by me at 10% to bring matter to a close, they declined and asked for 95% of the balance OR if i provide 3 months bank statements, a mortgage or tenancy agreement and a letter from a doctor if my health is a contributing factor they could reconsider.... told them I wouldn’t be sending such information and I’ll wait on CCA documents being provided before i engage again.
    Last edited by Debtfree2021; 30 April 2021, 14:05.

2. Virgin CREDIT CARD

Date commenced - July 2013

Approx balance - £4000

Last full payment (To Virgin) - April 2018

Default: November 2018

Account owner: Intrum

Feb 2021 - Acknowledged CCA request and account on hold until original creditors get back. Offered 10% as full and final settlement, rejected. They want 80% of the balance to close the account, i said i would await the documents.
    Last edited by Debtfree2021; 30 April 2021, 14:06.

Comment

3. Tesco CREDIT CARD

Date commenced - Feb 2017

Approx balance - £2400

Last full payment (To Tesco) - April 2018

Default: July 2018

Feb 2021 - Acknowledged CCA request and account on hold until original creditors get back. Offered 10% as full and final settlement, rejected. They want 80% of the balance to close the account, i said i would await the documents.
      Last edited by Debtfree2021; 30 April 2021, 14:06.

Comment

4. Tesco Loan

Date commenced - Jan 2015

Approx balance - £3700

Last full payment (To Tesco) - April 2018

Last edited by Debtfree2021; 30 April 2021, 14:07.

Comment

Hi everyone! I’m new here...

Can i ask if 4 months of waiting for a CCA is considered normal or a sign that they will struggle to comply?

This is my first post. I had 9 creditors originally from 2018 and have been able to settle 5 accounts for less than 50% of the balances, the last 4 have been difficult hence the CCA requests.

I’m gathering from reading on here that I’m engaging too much with the DCAs and it would prob be best to say nothing for now as I’m paying nothing and they have no paperwork to back up their stance since Jan 2021.

In an ideal world i could get my remaining accounts settled with discount, I’ve savings set aside to do this and was hoping the CCA requests would help to convince them to reduce their offers but no.

Any advice much appreciated!
          Last edited by Debtfree2021; 30 April 2021, 14:04.

Comment

No CCA = in a lot of cases they are struggling or hopeful the originators find it for them - even then what they may/if produce may not be correct
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

do not engage with DCAs unless advised on here, shows them you are panicking? sometimes. they want that!
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

You are so right... i have been panicking as i was doing so well saving and clearing the 5 other creditors i hoped these guys would follow suit. Think i need to take a big step back, no more offers and see what happens. I will definitely post on here for advice if i get anything else from them.

Thank you!

Comment

Hi and welcome.

you have only recently stopped payment so they will not be willing to negotiate YET, wait till you see what they send, or don't as the case may be,
                  then post up on here BEFORE you reply to them.
                  you won't be paying them so more money in the pot,

enjoy your weekend
                  NW

Comment

Originally posted by nightwatch View Post
                    Hi and welcome.

you have only recently stopped payment so they will not be willing to negotiate YET, wait till you see what they send, or don't as the case may be,
                    then post up on here BEFORE you reply to them.
                    you won't be paying them so more money in the pot,

enjoy your weekend
                    NW

Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by Debtfree2021 View Post
                      1. Barclaycard CREDIT CARD -

Date commenced - Feb 2014

Approx balance - £7000

Last full payment (To Barclaycard) - April 2018

Account owner: PRA

Feb 2021 - Acknowledged CCA request and account on hold until original creditors get back

March 2021- PRA sent me another letter, informed me that the account was unenforceable until they received further information from Barclaycard although they included a reconstituted T&C sheet and what was supposed to be my CCA agreement. No statement of account, no amount of credit issued and one bigger issue.... they have put my current address on the CCA and I wasn’t living at this address when I opened the account. I didn’t reply or tell them of their error.

April 2021 - Email from PRA stating the debt is now enforceable despite not providing any further information. I raised a complaint and it was upheld, outcome = account unenforceable until they receive further information from Barclaycard as per complaints team. F&F offered by me at 10% to bring matter to a close, they declined and asked for 95% of the balance OR if i provide 3 months bank statements, a mortgage or tenancy agreement and a letter from a doctor if my health is a contributing factor they could reconsider.... told them I wouldn’t be sending such information and I’ll wait on CCA documents being provided before i engage again.

Hi all :-)

Roughly seven months now since i asked for my CCA for this debt and it’s still deemed unenforceable by PRA as their reconstituted agreement didn’t stack up, i have this is writing and I’m keeping that safe!

Quick question, ive noticed PRAs default is a couple of months out (later) than Barclays default on my credit file, obviously they should both be the same. Should i raise a complaint to get it rectified? I haven’t communicated with PRA since they admitted the debt was unenforceable. My ultimate goal here would be a decent full and final settlement but they wont budge from wanting 90%.
                      i dont want to poke the bear but id love them to engage and increase their settlement discount and be gone with this. Quietly hoping that they havent been able to produce and sign of a CCA in many months means they wont be able to and hopefully this will force their hand!

Comment

seems to be higher the discount when an account is in last days of coming statute barred?
                        Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 25 July 2021, 10:28.

Comment

Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
                          seems to be higher the discount when an account is in last days of coming statute barred?
                          I’d love to be able to wait that long (another 5 years to go) but I'm really hoping to move house within the next year or two. I’ve a feeling my mortgage company will want to see my defaults settled rather than having outstanding balances…. So was hoping to get settlement offers on my remaining 4 debts, ive been lucky enough to get offers and settle on 5 other debts, these last few have been difficult:-(

Comment

well sometimes been reported they try a lower figure after initial but not guaranteed! have to wait and see!

Comment

Originally posted by Debtfree2021 View Post
                              seven months now since i asked for my CCA for this debt and it’s still deemed unenforceable by PRA as their reconstituted agreement didn’t stack up, i have this is writing and I’m keeping that safe!

Quick question, ive noticed PRAs default is a couple of months out (later) than Barclays default on my credit file, obviously they should both be the same. Should i raise a complaint to get it rectified?

Hello

Here's my quick answer to your quick question.

Consider whether pointing out a possible/potential issue over the Default date may prompt them to look closer at your file and correct any discrepancy which may not be to your advantage if they were to issue legal proceedings.

PRA are litigious - they are known to issue county court claims at the drop of a hat regardless of whether they have the documentation to succeed. They issued me with a claim which they lost but that didn't prevent them from trying.

Debt purchasers make money out of purchasing debts at a 'discounted' rate and then recovering the full amount owed to the original creditor if they can.

They're in no hurry to recover the sum owed if they know the debtor has a property which they could one day recover the full amount of the debt by way of a Charging Order following a successful court win.

Your post suggests that you currently own a property (unless I've misunderstood).

I'm not doom-mongering because that's not my style, but I am trying to manage your expectations when it comes to F & F settlement offers.

Di

Comment

Working...
                              X