GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Robesco - Tesco Credit Card diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Robesco - Tesco Credit Card diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know if this will be any use to you, but the Tesco CC (under Tesco Personal Finance) was administered by Royal Bank of Scotland until May 2012, when it was transferred over to Tesco Bank. I had six months of correspondence with Tesco Bank during the early art of 2014, amongst which they confirmed that the agreement had been "misplaced", all they had given me was a copy of the original application. I haven't heard from them since July 2014, so the chances are that the move from Royal Bank of Scotland to Tesco Bank caused a lot of agreements to be "misplaced".

Comment

Originally posted by alangee View Post
      I don't know if this will be any use to you, but the Tesco CC (under Tesco Personal Finance) was administered by Royal Bank of Scotland until May 2012, when it was transferred over to Tesco Bank. I had six months of correspondence with Tesco Bank during the early art of 2014, amongst which they confirmed that the agreement had been "misplaced", all they had given me was a copy of the original application. I haven't heard from them since July 2014, so the chances are that the move from Royal Bank of Scotland to Tesco Bank caused a lot of agreements to be "misplaced".

That is such a useful post - thank you. Please see this as a compliment not a patronising remark

Too often forum members feel the need to buckle under to the pressure from debt purchasers and/or their solicitors when they may actually have a legal leg to stand on but don't know that.

That's when I hope to help them to assess their legal position.

"Misplaced" credit agreements are not uncommon but not often admitted by the original creditor as was in your case with Tesco. Kudos to them for being honest with you about the situation.

For example I've yet to see an admission by Barclaycard (and others) that many (thousands?) of their credit agreements went up in smoke as a result of the Iron Mountain Fire in 2006 > http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/5175568.stm

Di

Comment

By way of an update and asking for further advice on this.

I have continued to ignore Intrums letters, surprisingly they continue to write offering me 80% discount to settle so I guess that means they know the debt is UE as they would be chasing nearer 100% otherwise.

The problem is in the new year they somehow got hold of my work phone number. I have no idea how. They started calling and leaving v.mails. Mid Jan 2022 I answered by mistake giving my name as I did so. They advised they were calling about debt ref xxxxx. I told them; this is a work phone, it's shared between multiple users, the voicemails could be picked up by any of the shared users, the calls are recorded and can be listened to by multiple people. I said that if they wanted to communicate with me they should do so in writing. Their agent said they have tried writing and I won't respond so they had no option to resort to phone calls, at which point I reiterated that all communication needs to be in writing and hung up.

Since the date this happened, they called and left a voicemail every working day for for the next 10 working days in a row. The calls have now dropped off to roughly weekly from Feb to now. I have the number blocked but they are still leaving voicemails.

How do I tell them to get lost and stop the phone harassment? I don't want to do anything that acknowledges the debt due to it's UE status for nearly 2 years since Tesco failed to respond to my CCA. Can I write to Intrum with a cease and desist harassment letter without shooting myself in the foot somehow?

Thanks.
        Last edited by Robesco; 5 April 2022, 18:37.

Comment

Harassment by Telephone at Work keep copy and get proof of posting (free from post office).
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
          X