GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script My Debt Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Debt Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DF.Ben View Post
    Niddy has looked over the 3 documents and advised, that the Barclaycard one is the only one that looks borderline as it's unsigned / no tick in the box. The two LBG ones are both too new and look enforceable.

PRA have helpfully put my accounts on hold for 90 days

If the accounts have been put on hold for 90 days then wait to see what they do then before reacting.

In the meantime you could send a SAR to the original creditors to see what data they have on file which may reveal other reasons for potential unenforceability. Debt 3 is Lloyds and Debt 4 is Halifax (have I got that right?).

You can then also check to see whether the credit agreement documents which PRA sent to you (which appear to be enforceable) are recons which must be honest and accurate not a library template etc from a debt purchaser.

I saw one recently from another debt purchaser which looked perfect, until it became clear that it was the credit agreement for his wife's account not his!

Di

Comment

Diana Mayhew is this 90 days on hold a nod towards the COVID 90 day deferral of payments to creditors instruction? Or is this a ‘norm’ behaviour?

Comment

Originally posted by Timewilltell View Post
        Diana Mayhew is this 90 days on hold a nod towards the COVID 90 day deferral of payments to creditors instruction? Or is this a ‘norm’ behaviour?

Good question, and not one I can easily answer

It might be a nod towards COVID-19 'tolerance' delivered through gritted teeth.

Or 'norm' behaviour? I'm not so sure - unless maybe PRA aren't really sure of their legal position?

Di

Comment

Hello, I've been ignoring PRA group, apart from the calls they haven't written apart from on MBA which they admit is UE to offer me 20% off but I've just ignored it.

I've just had a letter from PRA relating to Debt 1 Barclaycard stating it has been transferred to Moorcroft Debt Recovery Ltd (scary name) - is this a case of PRA selling the debt onto them? Do I treat them the same as PRA or can I expect them to start turning up at the house? (I thought that was not allowed anyway for this sort of debt, but I googled them and this is the sort of thing I saw)

Comment

Hi

It is more likely that they have farmed out collection activity to Moorcroft, rather than sold it to them. You can just file and ignore their letters. They would notify of their intention to send someone to your home (which they are allowed to do), but you should not get into a discussion with anyone if they do turn up. Just tell them "everything in writing" and close the door. It would only be some local agent with no powers.

Comment

Moorcroft just commission agents hopefuls if collect they get most of it. ignore
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi all,

Just a quick update and bit of advice if possible. I've not made any payments or made any contact regarding the x4 PRA group debts, I'm still not in a position where I can pay anything off them. They still call frequently but I never answer it.

Most if not all of the defaults will drop off my credit file July/August 2025 which doesn't feel too far away now.
                I am not really sure what to do about them long term though. In total it's about £40k. I'd like to buy a house one day but not sure if that will be possible with this debt, whether or not it's on my credit report, so think I will at least have to make offers to settle if I'm in a position with a lump sum one day.

The only debt I make a very small monthly payment to is Tesco/Intrum.

Anyone have any advice?

I'm about to move house as well and wondering whether I should tell them my new address or let them work it out for themselves?

Thanks!
                Last edited by DF.Ben; 27 October 2023, 12:53.

Comment

Debt 4 - PRA Group (Halifax Credit Card)
                  Date commenced: April 2014
                  Approx balance: £5.5k
                  Current status: Enforceable. No payment made since June 2020, impacted by coronavirus couldn't afford the c.£10 payment plan

History:
                  May 2020 - CCA request made
                  September 2020 - PRA have sent photocopies of agreements and terms, claim it is enforceable.
                  January 2021 - Niddy confirmed that the agreement supplied by PRA does appear enforceable as is quite a new one.
                  January 2021 - PRA group put all my accounts on hold for 90 days which is mid April 2021.
                  There's nothing in your Halifax diary about a formal Letter Before Claim, could your diary do with an update before anyone comments without the full story?

Comment

Originally posted by Night Monkey View Post

There's nothing in your Halifax diary about a formal Letter Before Claim, could your diary do with an update before anyone comments without the full story?
                    Ideally the entire diary entry for the account should be brought forward to the top of this thread (in the way you have just done on DF.Ben's behalf).

Comment

Debt 1 - PRA Group (Barclaycard)
                      Date commenced: November 2010
                      Approx balance: £13k
                      Current status: No payment made since June 2020.

History:
                      September 2020 - PRA have sent photocopies of agreements and terms, claim it is enforceable
                      January 2021 - Letter from PRA which wasn't prompted by me offering 20% discount to clear the account, so about £10k, not intending to respond.
                      January 2021 - PRA group put all my accounts on hold for 90 days which is mid April 2021.
                      January 2021 - Niddy advises the Barclaycard one looks border line only as it's unsigned / no tick in the box
                      January 2023 - Letter received from Moorcroft saying they are working for PRA group.
                      March 2023 - Letters from moorcroft about payment plans / discount offer - ignored
                      Updated

Comment

Debt 4 - PRA Group (Halifax Credit Card)
                        Date commenced: April 2014
                        Approx balance: £5.5k
                        Current status: Enforceable. No payment made since June 2020, impacted by coronavirus couldn't afford the c.£10 payment plan

History:
                        September 2020 - PRA have sent photocopies of agreements and terms, claim it is enforceable.
                        January 2021 - Niddy confirmed that the agreement supplied by PRA does appear enforceable as is quite a new one.
                        June 2023 - Received a Letter Before Claim relating to this debt with info sheet and reply form - ignored and haven't heard anything in the 3 months following.
                        Updated

In June they decided to send me a Letter Before Claim, where I had 30 days to respond with an info sheet and reply form supplied. I ignored it and then never heard anything about court proceedings being started. I assume then it is ok to ignore a letter before claim as just another tactic they deploy and they don't always result in court proceedings being started?

Comment

Updated
                          In June they decided to send me a Letter Before Claim, where I had 30 days to respond with an info sheet and reply form supplied. I ignored it and then never heard anything about court proceedings being started. I assume then it is ok to ignore a letter before claim as just another tactic they deploy and they don't always result in court proceedings being started?
                          No payment made since June 2020, impacted by coronavirus couldn't afford the c.£10 payment plan!
                          I am sure you would be happy to pay with the courts agreement and enforced £1 per month!
                          Silence of course but NO Monies can NO Pay!

Comment

Hi Ben

A few questions if you don’t mind. At this point it is moot about replying to a Letter of Claim,

However
                            Do you own your home?
                            Do you have a job

If the answer to either is yes getting a ccj may be a little more complex than suggested.

Let’s see what the answer is

Comment

Originally posted by Pat View Post
                              Hi Ben

A few questions if you don’t mind. At this point it is moot about replying to a Letter of Claim,

However
                              Do you own your home?
                              Do you have a job

If the answer to either is yes getting a ccj may be a little more complex than suggested.

Let’s see what the answer is
                              I have a full time job but don’t own a home no, I rent privately.

I want to own my own home, so would always want to avoid getting a ccj.

i could muster £10-20 a month to set up repayment plans for all of these but I don’t know whether that’s a good idea or whether better plan is to save a lump sum and try to negotiate a settlement.

Comment

If Moorcroft does contact and a plan £10 in place PRA will after a few month take it back to in house collection and say pay us not them is the way they run at present,
                                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
                                X