GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Fieldy618's diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fieldy618's diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fieldy618 View Post

No, the original default date is the same however they have started adding monthly 'defaulted' to my file as above. Assume they're allowed to start doing this?

?My other question was that because Link bought the debt after I last acknowledged with step change in 2020. Does my original date of 2018 still stand or would it be 2026 because of Stepchange acknowledgement?

Thank you.
    Well DOES LINK KNOW? thats the question because DEBTS are brought in tranches normally without documentation!
    Don't TELL or ASK them!!
    Leave them in the dark!
    BUT with Statute BAR I personally have never raise this with a DCA and adopt a worse Case view in my calculations!
    SILENCE is Golden but do your homework!

Do nothing to alert LINK!
    Assignment Chains (ie Debt sold more than once) can create problems because if the Seller wasn't FCA Authorised they can't pass a good title on to the Purchaser!
    This is where a Good Diary and Homework really helps!

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post

Well DOES LINK KNOW? thats the question because DEBTS are brought in tranches normally without documentation!
      Don't TELL or ASK them!!
      Leave them in the dark!
      BUT with Statute BAR I personally have never raise this with a DCA and adopt a worse Case view in my calculations!
      SILENCE is Golden but do your homework!

Do nothing to alert LINK!
      Assignment Chains (ie Debt sold more than once) can create problems because if the Seller wasn't FCA Authorised they can't pass a good title on to the Purchaser!
      This is where a Good Diary and Homework really helps!
      Thanks for the response. I guess I'm not fully understanding but I'm wondering how long they could legally keep adding a defaulted each month to my credit file? They can still keep doing this after 6 years? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Fieldy618 View Post

Thanks for the response. I guess I'm not fully understanding but I'm wondering how long they could legally keep adding a defaulted each month to my credit file? They can still keep doing this after 6 years? Thanks.
        From the Experian website:-
        "A default will stay on your credit file for six years from the date of default, regardless of whether you pay off the debt. But the good news is that once your default is removed, the lender won't be able to re-register it, even if you still owe them money."

ie, this debt should drop off your credit file sometime in 2024. However, since you acknowledged the debt via Stepchange in 2020, it will not be SB until some time in 2026.

Comment

Working...
        X