GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Alison's UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alison's UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Di, I remember having a conversation with you along those lines. I will get them scanned and emailed over to you on Thursday. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by RhodriMawr View Post
      Hi Di, I remember having a conversation with you along those lines. I will get them scanned and emailed over to you on Thursday.

I look forward to seeing Howard Cohen's Letter of Claim which will set out what Hoist intend to claim and why they think they have the right to claim it.

Should be interesting

Di

Comment

Debt #2 Original Creditor
        - RBS AA Credit card.
        Date of Agreement
        -August 2005.
        Current Owner
        - RBS (Managed by Moorcroft)
        Debt Balance
        - £1987

August 23rd
        - CCA request sent to MDR who were collecting the debt.
        December 27th
        Correspondence from Wescot, who were managing the debt, acknowledging the account is in dispute and returning £1.00 PO and an attached sheet with a Halifax log and the Lloyds Banking Group, Manchester Credit Card Operation address, that I have not provided a credit card number and they cannot locate the account with details provided.
        February 22nd

Account statement provided by RBS.
        March 5th
        -

Letter from RBS stating debt collection is transferred from Wescot to Moorcroft

March 9th

Introductory letter from Moorcroft.
        April 4th

Monthly instalment offer.
        April 18TH

Letter requesting contact is made.
        June 26th
        -

Letter stating that their local representative will be making a doorstep visit to establish contact on July7th

June 29th
        – Letter sent to Moorcroft stating, “
        that under the FCA CONC rules, you can only visit me at my home if you make an appointment and I have no wish to make such an appointment with you or any representative of yours”.
        July 7th
        – Doorstep visit carried out, letter left with I & E form.

July 13th
        –Letter received from Moorcroft, explaining reason for home visit.

September 10th
        Letter received with a CCA enclosed, will send to Niddy opinion (Niddy believes CCA is enforceable)

November 20th
        Letter received from RBS stating that due to failure in agreeing a suitable repayment plan, RBS have instructed Robinson Way to collect the debt.

November 20th
        Introductory letter from Robinson Way.`

December 4th
        "Settlement Available" letter from Robinson Way

December 31st

Notice of Assignment letter from both RBS ,new debt owners Hoist Finance UK Holding 3 Limited and a welcome to Robinson Way letter offering a 15% discount.

September 28th

Letter of Claim received from Howard Cohen Solicitors to be returned by 29/10/20.

November 11th
        Claim form received with an issue date of 05/11/20.

Comment

- RBS AA Credit card.
          Date of Agreement
          -August 2005.
          Current Owner
          Debt Balance
          - £1987

August 23rd
          December 27th
          Correspondence from Wescot, who were managing the debt, acknowledging the account is in dispute and returning £1.00 PO and an attached sheet with a Halifax log and the Lloyds Banking Group, Manchester Credit Card Operation address, that I have not provided a credit card number and they cannot locate the account with details provided.
          February 22nd

March 5th
          -

March 9th

April 4th

April 18TH

June 26th
          -

Letter stating that their local representative will be making a doorstep visit to establish contact on July7th

June 29th
          that under the FCA CONC rules, you can only visit me at my home if you make an appointment and I have no wish to make such an appointment with you or any representative of yours”.
          July 7th

July 13th

September 10th
          Letter received with a CCA enclosed, will send to Niddy opinion (Niddy believes CCA is enforceable)

November 20th
          Letter received from RBS stating that due to failure in agreeing a suitable repayment plan, RBS have instructed Robinson Way to collect the debt.

November 20th

December 4th

December 31st

Notice of Assignment letter from both RBS ,new debt owners Hoist Finance UK Holding 3 Limited and a welcome to Robinson Way letter offering a 15% discount.

September 28th

Letter of Claim received from Howard Cohen Solicitors to be returned by 29/10/20.

November 11th

And then you and I made contact by email

Di

Comment

- RBS AA Credit card.
            Date of Agreement
            -August 2005.
            Current Owner
            Debt Balance
            - £1987

August 23rd
            December 27th
            February 22nd

March 5th
            -

March 9th

April 4th

April 18TH

June 26th
            -

June 29th
            July 7th

July 13th

September 10th

November 20th

November 20th

December 4th

December 31st

September 28th

November 11th

December 17th - Confirmation from Joanna Connolly Solicitors that the Claimant has issued a Notice of Discontinuance in relation to the claim. Thanks to Colin and the team at JCS for their work.

Comment

Let’s not forget that without Di, non of us would have found Joanna Connolly. I certainly wouldn’t have. Doesn’t mean I’m not grateful to Jo and ‘a very nice man’.

Comment

- RBS AA Credit card.
                Date of Agreement
                -August 2005.
                Current Owner
                Debt Balance
                - £1987

. . .

September 10th

. . .

December 31st

September 28th

November 11th

December 17th - Confirmation from Joanna Connolly Solicitors that the Claimant has issued a Notice of Discontinuance in relation to the claim.

We were happy to be able help especially since the credit agreement for this debt had been deemed enforceable

It's always satisfying when a Claimant discontinues their own claim rather than wait for a Judge to dismiss it.

Hoist are not FCA authorised to issue legal proceedings but that doesn't stop them from trying and sadly succeeding when the Defendant doesn't know how to argue this legal issue which Jo explains here >

Originally posted by Joanna Connolly View Post
                Both of these companies are not authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority to exercise the rights of a lender. They rely on the para 55 FSMA 2000 servicing exemption.

Their cases, or their predecessors Hoist Portfolio Holding 2 Limited and Hoist Portfolio Holding 2 Limited, rarely reach trial in cases we are involved with. They have not been successful at trial with us.

We look forward to using the same legal arguments in the future against Hoist which we used against Idem Capital Securities Limited in the recent successful FCA authorisation Appeal where the Circuit Judge found that the para 55 FSMA 2000 servicing exemption did not allow the unauthorised debt purchaser to issue proceedings in the county court.

The Hoist companies also have issues with their assignment process and documentation.

f you are currently defending a claim with either of the Hoist companies, whether stayed or ongoing, or they have obtained a Default Judgment against you and you have any query please post any queries on this thread..

If anyone reading this post receives a claim from Hoist (whether stayed or ongoing) or has already been given a Default Judgment (CCJ) because they didn't respond to a claim, please feel free to email using di@joannaconnollysolicitors.co.uk.

Also let me know if you receive a Letter of Claim from Howard Cohen on behalf of Hoist because it helps to be one step ahead of the game.

Di

Comment

Working...
                X