GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Alison's UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alison's UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Debt #2 Original Creditor
    - RBS AA Credit card.
    Date of Agreement
    -August 2005.
    Current Owner
    - RBS (Managed by Moorcroft)
    Debt Balance
    - £1987

August 23rd
    - CCA request sent to MDR who were collecting the debt.
    December 27th
    Correspondence from Wescot, who were managing the debt, acknowledging the account is in dispute and returning £1.00 PO and an attached sheet with a Halifax log and the Lloyds Banking Group, Manchester Credit Card Operation address, that I have not provided a credit card number and they cannot locate the account with details provided.
    February 22nd
    Account statement provided by RBS.
    March 5th
    -
    Letter from RBS stating debt collection is transferred from Wescot to Moorcroft
    March 9th
    Introductory letter from Moorcroft.
    April 4th
    Monthly instalment offer.
    April 18TH
    Letter requesting contact is made.
    June 26th
    -
    Letter stating that their local representative will be making a doorstep visit to establish contact on July7th
    June 29th
    – Letter sent to Moorcroft stating, “
    that under the FCA CONC rules, you can only visit me at my home if you make an appointment and I have no wish to make such an appointment with you or any representative of yours”.
    July 7th
    Doorstep visit carried out, letter left with I & E form.
    July 13th
    Letter received from Moorcroft, explaining reason for home visit.
    September 10th
    Letter received with a CCA enclosed, will send to Niddy opinion

Comment

Debt #3 Original Creditor
      - Barclaycard
      Date of Agreement
      - Approx. 1995
      Current Owner
      – Link Financial
      Debt Balance
      - £11987
      August 18th
      March 2nd
      -
      Letter from Wescot, requesting contact is made regarding the debt.
      March 9th
      As above.
      September 12th
      Letter from Link stating they are writing to validate the address.

Comment

Original CreditorDebt #1 - RBS AA Credit card.
        Date of Agreement -September 2003.

Current Owner- Cabot Financial (UK) Ltd
        Debt Balance- £2585.98

August 17th- CCA request sent to MDR who were collecting the debt.

August 24th- Letter from Moorcroft Debt Recovery stating that they had forwarded my request to their client.

January 20th
        - Letter from Cabot Financial UK Ltd, welcoming back to Cabot who have decided to manage the debt.

February 10th
        -
        Letter asking us to get in touch to discuss a payment plan.

March 14th
        -
        Letter contents as previous letter.

April 1st
        -
        Letter to remind a new payment plan needs to be in place.

May 10th
        -
        Letter warning of potential legal action

May 31st
        -
        Letter before claim
        from Mortimer Clarke Solicitors requesting contact within 30 days.

June 7th
        -
        Letter sent to Cabot and copied to Mortimer Clarke Solicitors complaining about harassment through phone calls and letters regarding the alleged debt and reminding them that I had not received a response to my CCA request.

June 22nd
        -
        Response from Cabot (dated June21st), enclosed was what appears to be a properly executed CCA (I will email to Niddy to check as soon as I can scan). Cabot apologised for the breakdown in their service which resulted in them not forwarding the CCA to my when they received from RBS in September. They consider the agreement is now enforceable and they are entitled to consider a CCJ and request us to contact Mortimer Clarke Solicitors to discuss options.

June 23rd
        -
        Letter from Mortimer Clarke (dated June 18th) , acknowledging our letter. For the avoidance of doubt, this firm acts on its client's instructions. This firm does not hold the documentation you have requested. We have asked our client to provide them and will come back to you as soon as we can. In the meantime, the matter has been placed on hold and no further action will be taken.
        25th August 2018-

Response received from MC.
        Please find a copy of the original agreement, statement of account and default notice as requested. We can confirm that you have requested a copy of the Notice of Assignment, and will forward to you upon receipt. You have requested a copy of the deed of assignment. This is a confidential document between our client and the original creditor. This document does not contain any personal detail relating to you and is not available for disclosure. Our client requires the outstanding balance to be addressed. Please find enclosed an I & E form which we require you to complete and return within 14 days. If no response is received we will refer the matter to our client for further instruction.

8th September 2018 -

Further letter received from MC dated 04/09/18 noting that we not responded to previous letter asking for I & E details. "Our client is keen to find out more about your financial situation so that we can agree an appropriate & affordable repayment plan. If the I & E form is not completed within 10 days from the date of this letter we will refer the matter to our client for further instruction".

September 18th. Letter received from MC. Please provide a response within 14 failing which we are instructed to request a County Court claim is issued to you. This may result in a County Court judgement against you.

Comment

County Court Claim Form dated October 11th received today.

Comment

Originally posted by RhodriMawr View Post
            Original Creditor
            Debt #1 - RBS AA Credit card.

Current Owner
            - Cabot Financial (UK) Ltd
            Debt Balance
            - £2585.98

August 17th

August 24th
            - Letter from Moorcroft Debt Recovery stating that they had forwarded my request to their client.

January 20th
            - Letter from Cabot Financial UK Ltd, welcoming back to Cabot who have decided to manage the debt.

February 10th
            -

March 14th
            -

April 1st
            -

May 10th
            -

May 31st
            -
            Letter before claim
            from Mortimer Clarke Solicitors requesting contact within 30 days.

June 7th
            -

Letter sent to Cabot and copied to Mortimer Clarke Solicitors complaining about harassment through phone calls and letters regarding the alleged debt and reminding them that I had not received a response to my CCA request.

June 22nd
            -

Response from Cabot (dated June21st), enclosed was what appears to be a properly executed CCA (I will email to Niddy to checkas soon as I can scan). Cabot apologised for the breakdown in their service which resulted in them not forwarding the CCA to my when they received from RBS in September. They consider the agreement is now enforceable and they are entitled to consider a CCJ and request us to contact Mortimer Clarke Solicitors to discuss options.

June 23rd
            -

Letter from Mortimer Clarke (dated June 18th) , acknowledging our letter. For the avoidance of doubt, this firm acts on its client's instructions. This firm does not hold the documentation you have requested. We have asked our client to provide them and will come back to you as soon as we can. In the meantime, the matter has been placed on hold and no further action will be taken.
            25th August 2018-

Please find a copy of the original agreement, statement of account and default notice as requested. We can confirm that you have requested a copy of the Notice of Assignment, and will forward to you upon receipt. You have requested a copy of the deed of assignment. This is a confidential document between our client and the original creditor. This document does not contain any personal detail relating to you and is not available for disclosure. Our client requires the outstanding balance to be addressed. Please find enclosed an I & E form which we require you to complete and return within 14 days. If no response is received we will refer the matter to our client for further instruction.

8th September 2018 -

Further letter received from MC dated 04/09/18 noting that we not responded to previous letter asking for I & E details. "Our client is keen to find out more about your financial situation so that we can agree an appropriate & affordable repayment plan. If the I & E form is not completed within 10 days from the date of this letter we will refer the matter to our client for further instruction".

September 18th. Letter received from MC. Please provide a response within 14 failing which we are instructed to request a County Court claim is issued to you. This may result in a County Court judgement against you.

Some debt purchasers will issue legal proceedings no matter what you do or say.

I'm assuming the claim form received today is for this Cabot Financial (UK) Ltd debt issued by Mortimer Clarke solicitors for an AA branded RBS credit card from 2003?

May I ask whether you sent Niddy the credit agreement you received in June to ask his opinion on whether it is enforceable?

Di

Comment

How would you like to email the claim form to Di xxxx
              if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

County Court Claim Form dated October 11th received today.
                Hi
                I know how I felt when I received a claim- to me it felt like a punch in the stomach but really a few deep breathes and a look at the timescales you have will make it feel better.

I would answer the questions Di asked if you can. Did Niddy say the cca enforceable ? Is this the account Di has suggested it is?

I know there is help on here to deal with a claim

Good luck, if I can add anything I will pipe up, if not don't take any silence as disinterest

Comment

I'm assuming the claim form received today is for this Cabot Financial (UK) Ltd debt issued by Mortimer Clarke solicitors for an AA branded RBS credit card from 2003?

That is Correct.

May I ask whether you sent Niddy the credit agreement you received in June to ask his opinion on whether it is enforceable?

Niddy stated that it was Enforceable.

Thanks.

Comment

That is Correct.

Niddy stated that it was Enforceable.

Thanks.

The Claimant has to prove a lot more than just an enforceable credit agreement in order to win their case!

If the Claimant is Cabot Financial (UK) Ltd they will need to prove their legal status to make a claim.

My email is in my forum signature di@joannaconnollysolicitors.co.uk.

Di

Comment

Hi Di, What should we do, scan the documents and email them to you on Monday? (Don't have access to scanner till then).

Comment

Hi Di, What should we do, scan the documents and email them to you on Monday? (Don't have access to scanner till then).
                        Monday is fine by me.

Try to have worry free weekend in the meantime.

Di

Comment

Debt #3 Original Creditor
                          - Barclaycard
                          Date of Agreement
                          - Approx. 1995
                          Current Owner
                          – Link Financial
                          Debt Balance
                          - £11987
                          August 18th
                          March 2nd
                          Letter from Wescot, requesting contact is made regarding the debt.

March 9th
                          As above.
                          September 12th
                          Letter from Link stating they are writing to validate the address.

November 17th
                          Letter from Link stating that the debt was sold to IDR Finance 25/05/2012 but to date no conclusion has been reached with me on how the debt will be paid. "Although we are entitled to immediate payment of £11,146, we write now to give you the opportunity to clear the debt by monthly instalments of £111.46 per month".

Comment

Original Creditor Debt #1 - RBS AA Credit card.
                            Debt Balance- £2585.98

August 17th- CCA request sent to MDR who were collecting the debt.

August 24th- Letter from Moorcroft Debt Recovery stating that they had forwarded my request to their client.

January 20th- Letter from Cabot Financial UK Ltd, welcoming back to Cabot who have decided to manage the debt.

February 10th
                            -

March 14th
                            -

April 1st
                            -

May 10th
                            -

May 31st
                            -
                            Letter before claim
                            from Mortimer Clarke Solicitors requesting contact within 30 days

June 7th
                            -

June 22nd
                            -
                            Response from Cabot (dated June21st), enclosed was what appears to be a properly executed CCA (I will email to Niddy to check as soon as I can scan). Cabot apologised for the breakdown in their service which resulted in them not forwarding the CCA to my when they received from RBS in September. They consider the agreement is now enforceable and they are entitled to consider a CCJ and request us to contact Mortimer Clarke Solicitors to discuss options.

June 23rd
                            -

25th August 2018-

8th September 2018 -

Further letter received from MC dated 04/09/18 noting that we not responded to previous letter asking for I & E details. "Our client is keen to find out more about your financial situation so that we can agree an appropriate & affordable repayment plan. If the I & E form is not completed within 10 days from the date of this letter, we will refer the matter to our client for further instruction".

September 18th.
                            Letter received from MC. Please provide a response within 14 failing which we are instructed to request a County Court claim is issued to you. This may result in a County Court judgement against you.

October 11th County Court claim submitted by Cabot.

October 29th Acknowledgement of service submitted.

November 12th Defence submitted on my behalf by Joanna Connolly solicitors.

Comment

Original Creditor Debt #1 - RBS AA Credit card.
                              Debt Balance- £2585.98

October 11th County Court claim submitted by Cabot.

October 29th Acknowledgement of service submitted.

November 12th Defence submitted on my behalf by Joanna Connolly solicitors.

Thread update noted

Di

Comment

Debt #2 Original Creditor
                                - RBS AA Credit card.
                                Date of Agreement
                                -August 2005.
                                Current Owner
                                - RBS (Managed by Moorcroft)
                                Debt Balance
                                - £1987

August 23rd
                                December 27th
                                Correspondence from Wescot, who were managing the debt, acknowledging the account is in dispute and returning £1.00 PO and an attached sheet with a Halifax log and the Lloyds Banking Group, Manchester Credit Card Operation address, that I have not provided a credit card number and they cannot locate the account with details provided.
                                February 22nd

Account statement provided by RBS.
                                March 5th
                                -

Letter from RBS stating debt collection is transferred from Wescot to Moorcroft

March 9th

Introductory letter from Moorcroft.
                                April 4th

Monthly instalment offer.
                                April 18TH

Letter requesting contact is made.
                                June 26th
                                -

Letter stating that their local representative will be making a doorstep visit to establish contact on July7th

June 29th
                                – Letter sent to Moorcroft stating, “
                                that under the FCA CONC rules, you can only visit me at my home if you make an appointment and I have no wish to make such an appointment with you or any representative of yours”.
                                July 7th
                                Doorstep visit carried out, letter left with I & E form.

July 13th
                                Letter received from Moorcroft, explaining reason for home visit.

September 10th
                                Letter received with a CCA enclosed, will send to Niddy opinion (Niddy believes CCA is enforceable)

November 20th
                                Letter received from RBS stating that due to failure in agreeing a suitable repayment plan, RBS have instructed Robinson Way to collect the debt.

Comment

Working...
                                X