GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Dinnerlady Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dinnerlady Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My nationwide account was sent to ARC they sent a letter demanding I pay up in 14 days or else, sent a sold in dispute,( Nationwide don't have the original terms and conditions), they sent me a copy of my signed DD mandate, said they have complied and would like a payment, ignored so they sent it back to Nationwide, Statute barred next year xx
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

just commission chasers
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Letter received from ARC Ltd customer support team dated 7th september. You will be aware from recent correspondence that your account as been referred to our company to be managed on behalf of our client Nationwide building society. Please insure that you only contact this office in connection with this matter from now on.
        We should advise you that if we do not receive your call within 14 calendar days of the date of this letter, we will recommence formal collections activity, which will include letters and telephone calls in effort to reach a amicable solution to resolve this matter.

Comment

as above

Comment

Hold tight for the next letter, they will phone you many many times, block the number if you can or if you do answer the phone refuse security questions and just say and repeat saying contact in writing only, hang up.
            then when you do get a letter post up on here,
            NW.

Comment

REDUCED SETTLEMENT OFFER

Letter dated 1st Feb 2019, Received from arceurope We write further to our previous communications with you. The balance remains outstanding and there is currently no payment agreement between us. However, even at this late stage, our client as asked us to offer you a further opportunity to settle this matter in a way that would be of significant advantage to you. Our client is prepared to offer a substantial one off discount on your outstanding balance. If you are able to pay a mutually acceptable and affordable sum within 35 days of the date of this letter, our client will write of the remaining balance and will not be contacted any further

Comment

REDUCED SETTLEMENT OFFER

Letter dated 2nd Apr 2019, Received from arceurope.Same letter as before offering substantial one off discount on your outstanding balance, will file with other letters.

Comment

Arc sent my Nationwide account back to Nationwide where it sat from 2015, with no mention of it from Nationwide, till late last year when they sold it to Cabot, who must of thought they were on a winner, till I didn't reply to any letters or calls, they have offered me a mahooosive 90% reduction on the balance, so must know it is a lemon.

Comment

sorry techie, don't read klingon

Comment

Never read anything into a huge discount offer. Remember if NW sell it they may not even get that. That being said, it is very unusual to get such a huge discount offer, the biggest I ever had was 75% off. Have you read the letter carefully to make sure it was a 90% off and not pay 90%. I’m sure you have but these companies phrase their letters very carefully.

i have in the past received such letters that seem to be offering 60% off but in reality it was pay 60%. Of course I always just filed such letters

Comment

Originally posted by Warwick65 View Post
                        Never read anything into a huge discount offer. Remember if NW sell it they may not even get that. That being said, it is very unusual to get such a huge discount offer, the biggest I ever had was 75% off. Have you read the letter carefully to make sure it was a 90% off and not pay 90%. I’m sure you have but these companies phrase their letters very carefully.

i have in the past received such letters that seem to be offering 60% off but in reality it was pay 60%. Of course I always just filed such letters
                        I did indeed look twice, they even put the amount in numbers as to what they would accept, they did wan't me to contact them first and fill in an I&E to show I could afford the final payment, Without causing me any hardship,
                        as I don't work or have any income what so ever, maybe I should of filled in the I&E, all the zero's would be eye watering, they may of had a whipround and paid it all off themselves.

Comment

Letter received from Nationwide Building society giving me notice of the assignment of the debt due to them for the outstanding balance on my Nationwide Credit Card
                          On the 31st January 2022 my account was assigned to Cabot financial ( UK ) Limited, so any further communications and payments related to the account must now be addressed to Cabot.
                          Letter received from Cabot financial ( UK ) Limited, to say they have purchased my account and is the legal owner. This letter is your notice of assignment. It is important to keep it safe for future reference. Cabot financial ( UK ) Limited have authorised Cabot Credit Management Group Limited to administer the account they have purchased.
                          Any advice would be appreciated.

Comment

Hi,
                            nothing for you to do,
                            it is just to let you know they have sold it on.
                            wait for the next letter asking for you to get intouch, post uo when you get it

NW.

Comment

2 Letters received from Resolvecall the first letter says the balance as been outstanding for sometime and as advised by their client that they can offer a discount on the current outstanding balance.
                              Second letter we are delighted to be able to offer a significant discount on your outstanding balance of £2500.00
                              I've also been receiving emails saying the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinnerlady View Post
                                2 Letters received from Resolvecall the first letter says the balance as been outstanding for sometime and as advised by their client that they can offer a discount on the current outstanding balance.
                                Second letter we are delighted to be able to offer a significant discount on your outstanding balance of £2500.00
                                I've also been receiving emails saying the same thing.
                                Just file them. No response.

Comment

Working...
                                X