GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Dinnerlady Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dinnerlady Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dinnerlady Diary

• Type of account credit card
    • Date commenced June 2003
    • Approx balance £8900.00
    • Date last paid May 2014
    • Are you on arrangement £1.00 per month
    • Status defaulted July 2014
    • Account owner Nationwide building society

12th March 2018 CCA sent to Nationwide recorded delivery with Postal Order.
    28th March 2018 Nothing from Nationwide cancelled payment.
    22nd June 2018 Letter from Nationwide Recoveries
    06th July 2018 Discount Letter from Nationwide
    20th July 2018 SAR/GDPR Request sent to Nationwide
    05th Sept 2018 Letter from Nationwide Re:Transferring to debt collectors
    07th Sept 2018 Letter from ARC (Europe) Ltd. Re: Payment
    03rd Dec 2018 Letter from ARC(Europe) Ltd Re: Reduce settlement offer
    01st Feb 2019 Letter from ARC(Europe) Ltd Re: Reduce settlement offer
    02nd Apr 2019 Letter from ARC(Europe) Ltd Re: Reduce settlement offer
    03rd Jun 2019 Letter from ARC(Europe) Ltd Re: Reduce settlement offer
    02nd Aug 2019 Letter from ARC(Europe) Ltd Re: Reduce settlement offer
    03r.d Aug 2020 Letter from ARC(Europe) Ltd Re: Not to late to pay letter
    12th March 2022 Letter from Nationwide Re: Assignment of debt
    12th March 2022 Letter from Cabot Re: Brought the account from Nationwide
    15th April 2022 Letter from Resolvecall
    27th May 2022 Letter from Resolvecall
    31st July 2022 Letter from Cabot
    Last edited by Dinnerlady; 13 August 2022, 14:42.

Originally posted by Dinnerlady View Post
    • Type of account credit card
    • Date commenced June 2003
    • Approx balance £8900.00
    • Date last paid May 2014
    • Are you on arrangement £1.00 per month
    • Status defaulted July 2014
    • Account owner Nationwide building society

12th March 2018 – CCA sent to Nationwide recorded delivery with Postal Order.

Hello Dinnerlady

You've made a wise move to send a s 77-79 CCA Request to Nationwide for this old credit card (account opened 15 years ago?).

Was that last payment in 2014 your last contractual payment (minimum monthly obligation) but you've been paying £1 per month since then and still do?

Were you served with a Default Notice in 2014?

Can you recall how you opened the account in the first place?

Was there PPI on the account?

Sorry for all the questions but it's useful to get a feel for the situation from early on.

Do you have any other debts which may need help?

Di

Comment

Hi Diana Yes last payment in 2014 was my contractual minimum payment and been paying one pound every month and still do.

Yes i was served with a Default notice in 2014

Can`t remember how i opened the account in the first place.

No PPI on the account.

Nothing back from Nationwide as yet.

Comment

Have not heard anything from Nationwide do i need to send a follow up letter.

Comment

Have not heard anything from Nationwide do i need to send a follow up letter.
          NO!! The Debt is UE whilst the S 78 CCA is outstanding so no contact, no phone calls, emails whatever. Nothing whilst this is outstanding! Long may this contnue

Comment

Letter dated 22/6/18 from Nationwide Recoveries.

We`re writing to you because your account has been referred to Nation Recoveries to recover the outstanding debt.We need to speak to you urgently about a suitable repayment plan.

Comment

Letter dated 22/6/18 from Nationwide Recoveries.

We`re writing to you because your account has been referred to Nation Recoveries to recover the outstanding debt.We need to speak to you urgently about a suitable repayment plan.
              Interesting - I assume you are still making your token payments?

CCA request still outstanding? - just file this letter and do not respond.

(By the way, did you check on the Royal Mail website that the CCA request had been delivered? If not, best to do that and keep a note of the date delivered.)

Comment

Not making any payments and CCA request still outstanding. Check on Royal Mail website it had been delivered.

Comment

Your s 77-79 CCA Request was sent at the beginning of March. They've not complied so the debt is currently unenforceable unless or until they do comply.

That's all I've got to add to this latest situation

It may make sense to send a SAR/GDPR Request to Nationwide to see exactly what information they do hold on you. You say this account was opened in 2003 so there's always hope they didn't keep a scanned copy of the application/credit agreement from 15 years ago.

And even if they did preserve a copy (including the Ts & Cs) it may not have had all the prescribed terms which would make it irredeemably unenforceable.

Once you've got your SAR you will see if they've complied with all their other statutory obligations along the way too.

I see no need for you to reply to their latest letter.

Di
                  Last edited by Joanna Connolly Solicitors; 30 June 2018, 17:46.

Comment

That's very strange ......

Asked Dinnerlady a question in post #7, and it was answered in post #8 by Oakfieldboy! How can that be?

Comment

Letter dated 06th July 2018 from Nationwide offering discount if i phone within 7 days . I wont be calling.

Comment

Letter dated 20th July received from Nationwide stating FINAL NOTICE we have asked you to take action on your debt in previous letters, but you have ignored our request.
                        This means we can not allow this situation to continue and you must arrange to pay us the outstanding balance below within seven days of this letter. Call this number to make arrangements to repay the outstanding balance.

Comment

Letter dated 20th July received from Nationwide stating FINAL NOTICE we have asked you to take action on your debt in previous letters, but you have ignored our request.
                          This means we can not allow this situation to continue and you must arrange to pay us the outstanding balance below within seven days of this letter. Call this number to make arrangements to repay the outstanding balance.

Have you received anything more from Nationwide (or anyone else) since they told you to pay up within seven days on 20th July?

Di

Comment

Hi Diana

I have not received anything more from Nationwide (or anyone else) since they told me to pay up within seven days.

Comment

Nationwide Credit Card

Letter received from Nationwide dated 5th September 2018. We are writing to inform you that the management of your account will be carried out on our behalf by ARC{Europe} Ltd.Kent House Churchfield Road Walton on Thames Surrey. Contact ARC by phone or email.
                              You will need to ensure that all communications are made directly with them in the future.

Comment

Working...
                              X