GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Chris335 UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chris335 UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
    Midland issued two cards per account one x Mastercard and 1 x visa card still have copies of my original Midland Bank cards/HSBC . & actual cards
    Can't speak for others. The ACCESS cards were sent out in 70's to targeted customers. They were only registered with ACCESS if and when used. The Limit was £100.
    True Midland did issue CC's and yes both Visa and MasterCard BUT the Access remained for those like me who expressly didn't want a CC.
    In my case HSBC converted the ACCESS card (limit £100) to a HSBC CC 1996/7 and conveniently couldn't find any documentation!!.
    Then the Limit escalated rather rapidly!!
    When I sent a S.78 at first they replied couldn't find and then much later before suing they sent Current Terms to fulfil S.78
    Niddy pointed out that doesn't fulfill CPR.

But this distracts from Chris335.
    His card dates 1984 and he might or might not find he is sent Current Terms to fulfil his S.78.
    Its likely that both S.78's may return True Copies and EN.
    A SAR now will give him the background on both of his Barclaycard Debts and whether MERCER appears or not in the loop.
    That's without forgetting to see whom is exactly the Official Credit with these because it won't be Link Financial Outsourcing Ltd
    Last edited by Roger; 31 January 2018, 16:58.

Comment

all sent out willy nilly to current account holders - with the provisal if used that was the contract accepted, early 70s I got one,

as far as HSBC/Midland Bank they have not been able to produce copies of agreements and I got it in writing from a SAR few years ago, albeit it was just a white form name/address etc etc, most I believe got burnt in the Mountain Ash Fire?? the Bastard delayed SAR beyond 40 days and ICO chased them then issued just after court case
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

This was before I found this site!!!
        I to had a SAR outstanding that arrived far to late!
        The poor advice and muddle thinking from elsewhere on the net cost me!
        I know that the outcome would have been very different if I had followed AAD!

Lets see that Chris335 doesn't get bamboozled or short changed here!
        Last edited by Roger; 31 January 2018, 18:08.

Comment

agreed
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks for your advice, which I read with interest.

I went through my documents and found both the original letters from Barclaycard not dated, but it shows the outstanding balances as of 16th August 2012. They are informing me of the transfer of the debt to Link Financial Outsourcing Ltd. I guess that means that the original defaults were placed by Barclaycard in May 2012? Two years after I commenced my DMP plan.

Searching through my other documents, I also found a default notice that was sent to me by Mint card dated 20th April 2010. Might it be useful to still have this documentation?

Comment

Update: I have received a reply from Fredrickson, CAA request has been referred to Capital One to provide relevant documentation. Fredrickson will revert in due course.

Comment

Not a good start. I received a reply from Wescot and they have returned the CCA request with the £1 postal order stating that the credit agreement request should be sent to Cabot Financial Europe Ltd. Wescot concluded by saying I need to make arrangements to pay the account and have placed the account on hold until 23rd February to enable me to agree to a repayment arrangement. It makes me wonder who I am supposed to be dealing with here? I have now sent a CCA request to Cabot along with a copy of the letter from Wescot.
                Last edited by chris335f; 6 February 2018, 21:32.

Comment

I believe that Westcot are ducking their responsibility, and should have done what Fredrickson did as per your previous post (#21).

As regard their 23rd Feb deadline - ignore it, you will not be making a repayment plan while there is an outstanding CCA74 request..
                  Last edited by Still Waving; 6 February 2018, 21:48.

Comment

Yes, I agree, it seems as though Wescot are passing the buck. They offered to forward the CCA request if I supplied another £1 postal order made out to Cabot, which would take more time and delay things. I thought it best to send a new CAA request directly to Cabot, at least then I was able to keep the momentum going.

Comment

Originally posted by chris335f View Post
                      Yes, I agree, it seems as though Wescot are passing the buck. They offered to forward the CCA request if I supplied another £1 postal order made out to Cabot, which would take more time and delay things. I thought it best to send a new CAA request directly to Cabot, at least then I was able to keep the momentum going.
                      I wouldn't worry about keeping momentum going, fighting UE is a long process and we don't rush things.

Comment

Wescot are Cabot's Agents!
                        Your CCA S.78 plus £1 is valid and binding on Cabot.

Better to NOT send that CCA S.78 to Cabot.

What I recommend is looking for whom the Official Creditor is here (it will be on Cabot's letter's and Notice Of assignment).
                        Cabot themselves act as Agents within their own group!

Comment

Thanks for the info, unfortunately, the CCA has already been sent to Cabot Financial Europe Ltd. I hope it doesn't cause any problems. Is it a case now of waiting to see what the response will be? The letter received from Mint (Royal Bank of Scotland) states; 'On 3rd July 2017, your account was assigned to Cabot Financial (UK) Ltd who are now the legal owners of the debt'. 'Wescot Credit Services will continue to manage your account on behalf of Cabot Financial (UK) Ltd. and deal directly with your authorised 3rd party'.
                          Last edited by chris335f; 7 February 2018, 00:33.

Comment

Thanks for the info, unfortunately, the CCA has already been sent to Cabot financial Europe. I hope it doesn't cause any problems. Is it a case now of waiting to see what the response will be?
                            Yes, don't chase them. I hope you sent it recorded delivery, then you can print off from the Royal Mail website in a few days, confirmation of the delivery date.

Comment

Thanks for the info, unfortunately, the CCA has already been sent to Cabot Financial Europe Ltd. I hope it doesn't cause any problems. Is it a case now of waiting to see what the response will be? The letter received from Mint (Royal Bank of Scotland) states; 'On 3rd July 2017, your account was assigned to Cabot Financial (UK) Ltd who are now the legal owners of the debt'. 'Wescot Credit Services will continue to manage your account on behalf of Cabot Financial (UK) Ltd. and deal directly with your authorised 3rd party'.
                              So Cabot Financial (UK) Ltd using Wescot as opposed to Cabot Financial Europe Ltd?

See Niddy's Blog
                              https://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/for...50#post1291550
                              "..The exact reasons we want to keep sensitive if you don't mind..."

You have set the Cat amongst the pigeons by sending the CCA S.78 plus £1 to Cabot Financial Europe Ltd.
                              Lets see what happens next!!

Make sure your Diary includes this information.

Comment

Wescot (Wetcloths) never own debt they are commission agents get paid if collect, CCA request always to the owner of any alledged debt.

Lesson before you rush off and send anything check on here to see what others recommend , too many jump in when it back fires on them, ??

Comment

Working...
                                X