GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Qotn's UE diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Qotn's UE diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Qotn2011 View Post

Hello Di

I assumed that Link owned the debt; the letter is from Link Financial Outscouring Limited, and that is the name on the "Statement of Account". This "statement of account" also states that agreement has been terminated and also states the "current balance" is total outstanding balance that is due and is payable immediately.

I hope this makes sense.

Yes that makes sense.

It's just odd that they should say they're "terminating" the account (it should have been terminated by MBNA before assignment to Link) unless they're planning to assign it to the next debt purchaser.

In post # 1 you say you/your husband were in a DMP for years (since 2004?) so maybe you should send them a Subject Access Request in order to get the history of these accounts as it's sometimes possible for the owner to change without your knowledge.

It won't do them any favours legally speaking since statutory notices (i.e. Notice of Assignment etc) must be served on the debtor not their DMP provider (although they sometimes try to argue that the DMP is acting as your agent).

Di

Comment

He was on a DMP from 2004 which kept things calm for a while. The DMP provider cancelled his plan in 2016 leaving him unsure as to what payments had been made. The DMP was fee charging and the balances didn't seem to go down. He has been making sporadic payments since but his money has run out.

Why did the DMP provider cancel your husband's plan?

I note that they were charging him for the service but did they do everything correctly?

If not he can make a complaint all the way to the FOS and endeavour to recover some of the fees paid since they're not suppose to use more then 50% of the money you pay them for their fees (50% should go towards your debts).

Read this for information > https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/de...fees-too-high/

Di

Comment

He made an arrangement with this debt but missed one payment earlier this year- the threat letters began to arrive so I have offered to help him sort it out. Drysdensfairfax will not respond to any correspondence to actually get a plan put in place.

SAINSBURY'S BANK
        • Type of account - Loan
        • Date commenced (ideally before Apr 2007) - sometime in 2003 (not sure of month)
        • Approx balance - £11,016.34
        • Date last paid (approximate date you last made a FULL payment) - sometime in 2017
        • Are you on arrangement or not paying - was on an arrangement, now trying to get another arrangement in place, but no luck so far
        • Status (default/in arrears/up-to-date) - defaulted, in arrears
        • Account owner - Arrow Global Limited but latest correspondence from Drysdensfairfax

CCA sent 11/8/17

I can see you sent a CCA Request for this debt in August last year (2017). Have you had no response from either Arrow or Drydens since then?

You should have sent the CCA Request to the debt owner Arrow with a copy to Drydensfairfax - is that what you did?

Is the debt owner Arrow Global Ltd or Arrow Global (Guernsey) Ltd which is unlicensed?

Di

Comment

Today, Friday 27th March 2020, we received a letter from Arrow Global entitled “Remediation on Account” regarding the Sainsburys loan.

Statements from 2013 to 2020 were enclosed.

Can anyone help me please? I am not sure what this letter means.

Comment

Today, Friday 27th March 2020, we received a letter from Arrow Global entitled “Remediation on Account” regarding the Sainsburys loan.

might be something to do with the interest. i'm just guessing though - im sure the experts will be along soon

Comment

Are they full statements or just annual statements? They could just be supplying the legal documents that they are required to send.
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Arrow have been sending Statements out in their own name using language like the following ".. we are carrying out a remediation to provide you with information we should have provided you historically.." You will probably be getting these statements yearly!

As cymruambyth points out these are ".. the legal documents that they are required to send..." As such file these away!

If I understand you situation you have still NOT received the S77/78 CCA requested August 2017 for the Sainsbury's Loan! and whilst this is outstanding the account is UE.

Comment

Friday 27th March 2020, we received a letter from Arrow Global entitled “Remediation on Account” regarding the Sainsburys loan.

That sounds like Arrow has sent you several NOSIA (Notice of Sums In Arrears s86) in an attempt to comply with their statutory duties retrospectively.

Is this account/debt still with DrydensFairfax Solicitors?

Di

Comment

Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post

That sounds like Arrow has sent you several NOSIA (Notice of Sums In Arrears s86) in an attempt to comply with their statutory duties retrospectively.

Is this account/debt still with DrydensFairfax Solicitors?

Di
                    The debt is still with DrydenFairfax solicitors.

They sent a letter yesterday along the lines of “in these difficult times, would you like to increase your payments?”

This letter will be ignored.

Comment

They are idiots should be reduce offer. That's education these day's urggghhh ignore agreed
                      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

The debt is still with DrydenFairfax solicitors.

They sent a letter yesterday along the lines of “in these difficult times, would you like to increase your payments?

I'm not sure I follow their logic with that one

I can see that Arrow (or was it still with Sainsburys?) failed to comply with your CCA Request in August 2017 so is there a reason why you (your husband) are you still paying this debt on an arrangement nearly three years later since it's unenforceable?

He made an arrangement with this debt but missed one payment earlier this year- the threat letters began to arrive so I have offered to help him sort it out. Drysdensfairfax will not respond to any correspondence to actually get a plan put in place.

SAINSBURY'S BANK
                        • Type of account - Loan
                        • Date commenced (ideally before Apr 2007) - sometime in 2003 (not sure of month)
                        • Approx balance - £11,016.34
                        • Date last paid (approximate date you last made a FULL payment) - sometime in 2017
                        • Are you on arrangement or not paying - was on an arrangement, now trying to get another arrangement in place, but no luck so far
                        • Status (default/in arrears/up-to-date) - defaulted, in arrears
                        • Account owner - Arrow Global Limited but latest correspondence from Drysdensfairfax

CCA sent 11/8/17

Di

Comment

Working...
                        X