GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Qotn's UE diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Qotn's UE diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Qotn's UE diary

Hello!

Thank you for making me feel so welcome. Here goes! This first one is my husband's debt, taken out in his sole name.

A bit of background - this was taken out when my husband was suffering from severe depression and was in the midst of a nasty divorce. He was on a DMP from 2004 which kept things calm for a while. The DMP provider cancelled his plan in 2016 leaving him unsure as to what payments had been made. The DMP was fee charging and the balances didn't seem to go down. He has been making sporadic payments since but his money has run out.

He made an arrangement with this debt but missed one payment earlier this year- the threat letters began to arrive so I have offered to help him sort it out. Drysdensfairfax will not respond to any correspondence to actually get a plan put in place.

SAINSBURY'S BANK
    • Type of account - Loan
    • Date commenced (ideally before Apr 2007) - sometime in 2003 (not sure of month)
    • Approx balance - £11,016.34
    • Date last paid (approximate date you last made a FULL payment) - sometime in 2017
    • Are you on arrangement or not paying - was on an arrangement, now trying to get another arrangement in place, but no luck so far
    • Status (default/in arrears/up-to-date) - defaulted, in arrears
    • Account owner - Arrow Global Limited but latest correspondence from Drysdensfairfax

CCA sent 11/8/17

Hi Qotn,

Is this an unsecured loan?
    who did you send the CCA request to?

don't bother contacting them by phone, make sure every thing is in writing
    Last edited by nightwatch; 13 August 2017, 10:59. Reason: double posts
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi Nightwatch

It was an unsecured loan.

The CCA was sent to Drysdenfairfax. Should it have gone to Arrow?

After contacting Drysdensfairfax by phone and being told to contact them via their website, this is how all correspondence has been done.

i hope that helps.

Comment

you need to keep a copy/ paper trail of all correspondance, that is why we tell people never to speak to anyone on the phone,
        they could say anything on the phone and unless you can record all calls, you would have no proof of what was said..
        It makes no differance if you sent the CCA to Drysden, they may forward it to Arrow or they may action it and send to sainsburys for a copy of it,

I have a few ( alledged) accounts with Arrow, they often write back saying they are not the owner of the debt as envisaged, What ever that means. so sometimes have not sent for the CCA and you may have to send direct to Sainsburys,
        My argument with this is, If they have bought the debt then they own it and should send for the CCA if requested and the £1 fee sent.

when you receive a reply just post back here on this thread and we will help from there

Best wishes
        NW

PS; hope hubby is doing fine.
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hello

Back again......another debt has appeared... we did know about it but weren't sure who had bought it until they got in touch. I've sent a CCA request but as yet have heard nothing. Fingers crossed this is unenforceable.

MBNA
          • Type of account - Credit card
          • Date commenced (ideally before Apr 2007) - sometime in 2003 (not sure of month)
          • Approx balance - £1,700
          • Date last paid (approximate date you last made a FULL payment) - sometime in 2015
          • Are you on arrangement or not paying -not paying
          • Status (default/in arrears/up-to-date) - defaulted, in arrears
          • Account owner - Link Financial Services

CCA sent 21/12/17
          Letter received from Link enclosing the CCA and a letter demanding full repayment immedately - 15/3/18

Sent to Niddy who advises it is U.E. - 24/3/18
          Last edited by Qotn2011; 24 March 2018, 21:18.

Comment

A Happy new year to you xx
            sometimes the only way to find out how much you owe and to who is to wait while they contact you,
            the DMP provider should of sent you a breakdown of who they had been paying, what they had been paying and how much was still owed, but they often don't unless you request it,

Comment

Removed by me
              Last edited by Qotn2011; 15 March 2018, 13:21. Reason: deleted

Comment

Hello

A letter was received today from Link regarding the MBNA card, with a copy of the CCA and a demand for immediate repayment along notice of termination of the account.

Please can you advise what I should do next?

Thanks
                Qotn
                Last edited by Qotn2011; 15 March 2018, 13:17. Reason: too eager to post!

Comment

Originally posted by Qotn2011 View Post
                  Hello

A letter was received today from Link regarding the MBNA card, with a copy of the CCA and a demand for immediate repayment along notice of termination of the account.

Thanks
                  Qotn
                  The first thing is to send Niddy a Unredacted copy of the MBNA CCA (nobody else will see this other than Niddy) with a link to your Diary entry at #5
                  https://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/for...04#post1506004
                  Niddys email webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

See what Niddy says

Comment

Hello

Thanks
                    Qotn
                    Hi

Email the Agreement and any T&C's to Niddy webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk, without blanking out any of the personal information. He is the only one who will see it, and will give his opinion as to whether or not the agreement is compliant with the regulations - ie enforceable. Entitle your email Qotn's CCA, and include in it a link to this diary thread.

EDIT: - What he said.

Comment

Thank you - have sent the info to Niddy and will await his reply.

Will post when I have an update.

Comment

I believe Niddy May be away, so if you haven’t had a reply after a week resend. If he has been away he will have a lot of messages to deal with!

Comment

Niddy does look inn usually if he is away for this type of response

Comment

Is Link Financial acting as the Debt Collection Agent for this MBNA Debt or has it been assigned (i.e. sold) to them?

I ask because of the reference to “terminating” the account.

In an earlier post you referred to Link as the current owner.

Di

Comment

Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post

Is Link Financial acting as the Debt Collection Agent for this MBNA Debt or has it been assigned (i.e. sold) to them?

I ask because of the reference to “terminating” the account.

In an earlier post you referred to Link as the current owner.

Di
                              Hello Di

I assumed that Link owned the debt; the letter is from Link Financial Outscouring Limited, and that is the name on the "Statement of Account". This "statement of account" also states that agreement has been terminated and also states the "current balance" is total outstanding balance that is due and is payable immediately.

I hope this makes sense.

Comment

Working...
                              X