GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script The SaltnVinegar UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The SaltnVinegar UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The SaltnVinegar UE Diary

I've seen that exact reply from Scroatcall before (not personally but on other threads) so it is just a canned response. Makes me wonder, though, whether formal complaints to the regulators are in order. The Guidance is clearly being violated, and the more complaints they get, the more likely they are to do anything.

I take it Scroatcall are not the owners of this alleged debt? In which case the owners are responsible for the behaviour of any agents they engage. A formal complaint to the owners is also in order.

SH

Comment

Originally posted by Flowerpower
      What a surprise! Totally the opposite from my own Scroatcall experience! In my case, they sent me a letter on the same day they received mine, saying "Please find attached paperwork for an account we are no longer handling" and copies of my letters attached! They returned it to their client (Bagshot Bums Regal ), who in turn returned to their client (Royal Bonk of Scotland), who seem to have forgotten all about me since then (January!)

Maybe it was because I sent both the doorstep threat and litigation threat letters in a single envelope, they had sent one saying they would either send an agent to relieve me of my field, or recommend their clients issue a claim in the county court. Scroatcall just dropped the account like a hot potato and ran back to mummy like scared little chicks!

send an agent to relieve me of my field,

Wonder where they Dug that one up???? lol

Excuse the pun.
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

it's one of their more outrageous template

it doesn't really matter because even if they are daft enough to send someone, you'll tell em to piss off.

i bet they don't though

I would be inclined to ignore for now or send a one liner suggesting that they read you previous letter VERY carefully, wouldn't be telling them where the mistakes are, better to worry them....................

Comment

Well they refer to them being bound by 'regulatory guidance' so I think I am going to have to refer them to the OFT guidance on doorstep collection!

The account is in serious dispute due to the unlawful charges levied by Shopdirect (£35 charge because they could no contact me by phone?!).

So where an account is deadlocked or disputed then a DCA should not be threatening doorstep visits, I think I can point this out and get them scurrying back pretty quickly!

Best
          SnV
          "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltnVinegar View Post
            American Express:
            • Type of account - Credit Card

• Date commenced - Not sure approx Sept 2007

• Approx balance - Approx £2900

• Date last full payment - March/April 2010?

• Are you on arrangement or not paying - Arrangement (stopped DMP payments July 2012)

• Status - Default notice received

• Account owner - RMA Regain

Key:
            Blue - Communication Sent
            Red - Communication Received

16/8/2012 - Letter from RMA offering their 'free' debt management services though I have to phone them
            21/8/2012 - Payment break letter sent
            7/9/2012 - Letter from RMA that account may be passed to 'normal collections'
            18/10/2012 - Telephone call from UCA
            Somehow the have got hold of my work mobile.

Had a missed call today from UCA and a voicemail asking me to call them back which obviously I haven't.

I know that UCS are part of RMA or Amex so pretty certain it'll be this account.

Not going to do anything for now as the can put anything they want to discuss in writing. So will wait and see what arrives in the post.
            "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

Comment

American Express:
              • Type of account - Credit Card

• Date commenced - Not sure approx Sept 2007

• Approx balance - Approx £2900

• Date last full payment - March/April 2010?

• Are you on arrangement or not paying - Arrangement (stopped DMP payments July 2012)

• Status - Default notice received

• Account owner - RMA Regain

Key:

16/8/2012 - Letter from RMA offering their 'free' debt management services though I have to phone them
              7/9/2012 - Letter from RMA that account may be passed to 'normal collections'
              18/10/2012 09:54 - Telephone call from RMA
              1/10/2012 11:05 - Telephone call from RMA

Hi All

So another telephone call from UCA to my mobile number, this time via reception at my place of work. Looks like they are trying to do some not so subtle harassment.

I was wondering how they got my work details and I have noticed on my LinkedIn page that I have has a 'LinkedIn User' view my profile so its quite likely that they have been looking through my previous employers to my present one.

Looks like the telephone harassment letter is going to have to be sent but I will continue to log their calls and if they do manage to get through to me strangely I will fail their security questions (if they ask any!).

Best
              SnV

Comment

Hmmmmm

I think that second phone call may actually have been from Quackquest as I just got another one this evening through reception at work.

Quackquest have contacted me through work before so I'm going to have a lot of fun with this lot from a telephone harassment perspective!

Sort of went like this:

Them: Is this SnV?
                Me: Who's asking?
                Them: I'm calling from Capquest
                Me: Then he doesn't want to speak to you
                Them: Are you then SnV?
                Me: He doesn't want to discuss anything on the phone with you and you should place all correspondence in writing
                Them: So are you SnV?
                Me: If I'm not you shouldn't be discussing anything with me should you?
                Them: Excuse Me?
                Me: You're forgiven
                Them: Is this SnV?
                Me: I am terminating this call, goodbye

Comment

OFT guidelines state that they must not cintact you at work if you say so.

You can send them a short letter just stating that you are not allowed to receive personal calls at work on the landline or mobile. If they persist, you will report them to the OFT.

With regard to doorstep visits, they come under different laws, the pratts. CCa has nothing to do with who you allow on your propery.

Entry to your property comes under the LPA 1925 and common law of trespass.

Comment

Out of interest, where does telephone calls stand from my point of view, i work from home, to techically that is my place of business?

In truth, i have a work number and private number, some of these muppets do ring on the work line but ive got most of them blocked now so not worried about that, just curious about the other number since technically its still at work lol

Comment

Originally posted by vint1954 View Post
                      OFT guidelines state that they must not cintact you at work if you say so.

You can send them a short letter just stating that you are not allowed to receive personal calls at work on the landline or mobile. If they persist, you will report them to the OFT.

With regard to doorstep visits, they come under different laws, the pratts. CCa has nothing to do with who you allow on your propery.

Entry to your property comes under the LPA 1925 and common law of trespass.
                      Thanks Vint

Yup I'll be sending them the phonecalls at work template. Been a bit of a mad week so not had the chance yet.

I did think Scotcalls response was quality! I'm not expecting anyone to turn up, for a start you can't see our house on streetview (which shows how far off the beaten track we are), so they can't do any recon and its probably too far for them to bother as they wouldn't be going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
                        Out of interest, where does telephone calls stand from my point of view, i work from home, to techically that is my place of business?

In truth, i have a work number and private number, some of these muppets do ring on the work line but ive got most of them blocked now so not worried about that, just curious about the other number since technically its still at work lol
                        Well I think its still relevant, especially if their calls are preventing you from carrying out your work (e.g. taking further calls, distracting you etc).

Capquests calls have a further element of harassment as they are contacting my employers main switchboard and asking to be put through to me.

So when they do I am unable to take any calls from clients, and of course there is the behavior likely to cause embarrassment or distress element.

Comment

Contact: Ms A. SIMMS Quality & Assurance Officer @ Capquest with your letters,
                          do not pussyfoot around with mail room do not know where to pass the letter syndrome.

Could even send it Private & Confidential?

Comment

Originally posted by Flowerpower

You may want to send them this if you haven't done so already ---> Our Templates | Harassment & Intimidation Templates | Harassment by Telephone at Work
                            Thanks FP

Yup will be sending that letter off over the next couple of days, though I'm not sure which account it is they are calling me about as they have several now!

Its more an irritation at the moment, although, as they just asked the switchboard to put them through, it could have been anyone answering the phone when they stated they were calling from Capquest.

So by stating who they are without establishing who they are speaking to they are already acting in a way to cause embarrassment or distress.

Will be interesting to see what they try next, stupid muppets tried to claim that no-one had ever called me at work last time this happened.

When I pointed out that they were stupid enough to call me at my place of work, where all incoming calls are recorded for security purposes, and I could prove they had called me, and what was said, they quickly backed off.

Looks like I will have to remind them of this at some point (but not before they have taken enough rope to hang themselves!)

Best
                            SnV

Comment

Quick Quid:
                              • Type of account - Payday Loan

• Date commenced - Late 2009/Early 2010 (not sure exactly)

• Approx balance - Approx £750

• Date last full payment - Unknown

• Are you on arrangement or not paying - Not paying

• Status - Defaulted but no DN received

• Account owner - Waiting on DCA

Key:

17/7/2012 - Letter received from ArcEurope Limited threatening pay up in 10 days or we will take you to court.
                              25/7/2012 - Email from ArcEurope stating that the account has been transferred to them for collection
                              4/8/2012 - LBA from Trevor Munn Solicitors giving me 10 days to pay up or they will make an application for CCJ
                              7/8/2012 - Response back to ArcEurope & Trevor Munn disputing account
                              7/8/2012 - CCA Request to ArcEurope
                              9/8/2012 - Letter from ArcEurope, account currently on hold, referred back to their client
                              24/10/2012 - Letter from ArcEurope, Statement of payments, and Credit Agreement
                              Hi All

Letter from Arc Europe received today. Enclosed the following:

List of payments they claim I have made
                              Copies of credit agreements

Looking through the list of payments they claim to have have received they are a huge mess, and only one of the disputed payments I have made appears on the statement.
                              • Therefore the balance is still incorrect.
                              • I still have yet to receive a default notice either.
                              • Credit Agreement will be scanned and sent to Niddy asap.

So onto the interesting bit and I'd really like some feedback on this as I think its crucial and could also close Quickquid down..........

The "Lender" on the credit agreement is given as:

CashEuroNet UK LLC
                              Company House Registration Number: FC027527

Looking on companies house website this company was converted/closed on 18/5/2010 and has not submitted any accounts since 2008.

However their CCL is still "Current"

So my question is can they legally supply loans if their CCL is registered to a company that has not filed accounts in 4 years and has a status of converted/closed?

Should this go to court I am wondering if this could be part of my defense?

I'm wondering what should be my next response?

Best
                              SnV

Comment

Black Horse:
                                • Type of account - Personal Loan

• Date commenced - Pre April 2007

• Approx balance - Approx £1200

• Date last full payment - Feb/March 2010?

• Status - Defaulted, but can't remember getting a DN

• Account owner - Nationwide (Blackhorse inhouse DCA?)

10/8/2012 - Notice of arrears received
                                20/8/2012 - Letter from Nationwide Collection Services Limited stating that I am overdue a payment on my payment arrangement
                                29/8/2012 - Letter from Black Horse stating that they will reduce interest on agreement to 0%
                                3/9/2012 - Letter from Wescot introducing themselves
                                14/9/2012 - Letter from Wescot with I/E form asking me to complete to allow them to assess my ability to pay the debt
                                6/10/2012 - Letter from Wescot that they have established I live at my address and they may take further collection activity
                                24/10/2012 - Letter from Nelson Guest & Partners Solicitors
                                As above, letter as follows:

Dear SnV

We are instructed by Wescot Credit Services Ltd ("Wescot") acting on behalf of LBG Asset Finance regarding the above outstanding balance. As a final attempt to avoid further action, Wescot is prepared to offer you a 30% discount to settle your account.

This offer is only available for a limited period. You should contact Wescot by xx/xx/xxxx (date less than 10 days of date of letter), to agree to a payment of £xxx, or the offer will be withdrawn and further action will continue to recover the full outstanding balance of £xxxx.

To take advantage of this offer contact Wescot on xxxxxxx

If you are unable to take advantage of this offer, Wescot will still consider a realistic repayment plan and you should contact them urgently to discuss your options. Unless a suitable arrangement plan is reached with Wescot within 10 days of the date of this letter, further recovery action will be taken.

Hmmm so I'm torn on this one. Do I respond with:

a) Refer to my previous letter, I am unable to pay anything right now
                                b) A counteroffer of 10% of the balance
                                c) Nothing - ignore
                                d) A repayment plan of £1/month

Best
                                SnV

Comment

Working...
                                X