GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script The SaltnVinegar UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The SaltnVinegar UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The SaltnVinegar UE Diary

Originally posted by SaltnVinegar View Post
    Kays (Shop Direct):
    • Type of account - Catalogue Account

• Date commenced - Early/Mid 2007 (not sure exactly)

• Approx balance - £376

• Date last full payment - August 2010?

• Are you on arrangement or not paying - Arrangement (stopped DMP payments July 2012)

• Status - Default notice received

• Account owner - Capquest

Key:
    Blue - Communication Sent
    Red - Communication Received

21/7/2012 - Letter received from Capquest, threatening litigation, but also making a 25% payment offer
    31/8/2012 - Letter received from Capquest, Account On Hold for 30 Days
    As above.

Capquest have written to me to inform me the account is on hold for 3 days. They would also like to advise me to make a 'token payment'.

I think I will make a token payment in the form of a quid, accompanied by a CCA request.

But I will wait the 30 days first

Best
    SnV
    "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Black Horse:
      • Type of account - Personal Loan

• Date commenced - Pre April 2007

• Approx balance - Approx £1200

• Date last full payment - Feb/March 2010?

• Are you on arrangement or not paying - Arrangement (stopped DMP payments July 2012)

• Status - Defaulted, but can't remember getting a DN

• Account owner - Nationwide (Blackhorse inhouse DCA?)

10/8/2012 - Notice of arrears received
      20/8/2012 - Letter from Nationwide Collection Services Limited stating that I am overdue a payment on my payment arrangement
      21/8/2012 - Payment break letter sent
      29/8/2012 - Letter from Black Horse stating that they will reduce interest on agreement to 0%
      3/9/2012 - Letter from Wescot introducing themselves
      After a letter from Black Horse saying that they had put the interest rate to 0% I now have a letter from Wescot saying they have been instructed to collect the debt.

Looks like I am going to have to play a little more with Wescot now. I have a few accounts with them!

Best
      SnV
      "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Littlewoods (Shop Direct):

• Approx balance - Approx £750

• Account owner - Lowell

Key:

13/8/2012 - Letter received from Lowell asking what they can do to help
        13/8/2012 - Letter received from Lowell demanding payment in full or £30 a month
        3/9/2012 - Letter from Lowell suspending collection
        Letter from Lowell saying they are sorry to hear of my present circumstances and have placed my account on hold until end of October when they will contact me again for an update.

Look forward to it!

Comment

Letter from Lowell saying they are sorry to hear of my present circumstances and have placed my account on hold until end of October when they will contact me again for an update.

Look forward to it!
          Bet you can't wait!
          When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

Comment

Originally posted by missy View Post
            Bet you can't wait!
            Its a date I'll place in my diary!

Good to see Lowell following OFT guidelines for once though, a little bit of credit to them on that point.

Best
            SnV

Comment

American Express:
              • Type of account - Credit Card

• Date commenced - Not sure approx Sept 2007

• Approx balance - Approx £2900

• Date last full payment - March/April 2010?

• Account owner - RMA Regain

Key:

16/8/2012 - Letter from RMA offering their 'free' debt management services though I have to phone them
              7/9/2012 - Letter from RMA that account may be passed to 'normal collections'
              Letter received from RMA expressing 'serious concern' about my account. No acknowledgement of my letter of the 21st August at all.

They state that my account may be passed back for 'normal collection activities' and to prevent this I need to call them immediately.

Comment

Additions (Shop Direct):

• Approx balance - Unknown, no statement received in 2 years

Key:

14/9/2012 - Letter received from Scotcall
                Hi All

Letter from Scotcall - they are going to pass my account to a field agent for collection. Gosh!

Comment

Santander:
                  • Type of account - Current Account/Overdraft

• Date commenced - Years ago (something like 2000)

• Approx balance - Approx £3300

• Date last full payment - August/September 2010

• Status - Defaulted

• Account owner - Wescot

Key:

21/7/2012 - Letter received from Wescot, failed to maintain payment plan arrangement
                  2/8/2012 - Letter received from Wescot. Pretty much same as letter of 21/7/2012
                  20/8/2012 - Letter received from Wescot threatening doorstep collection visit
                  21/8/2012 -
                  Sent OD CCA Request - allaboutFORUMS - View Single Post - Overdrafts - CCA Information
                  21/8/2012 - Doorstep threat response letter sent
                  14/9/2012 - Letter received from Wescot. Account suspended pending investigations
                  It would appear that the 'Niddy Special' in relation to overdrafts has caused Wescot some confusion as they have placed my account on hold and suspended collection activity.

Thats a result for the short term!

Comment

Hope things are going ok for you here mate?
                    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                      Hope things are going ok for you here mate?
                      Hi Niddy

Thanks for looking in - so far so good

The O/D CCA special definately puts the cat among the pigeons!

I'm wondering if it puts them on the back foot as they don't want to set another U/E bandwagon rolling so are putting these queries in the 'leave alone' pile!

Best
                      SnV

Comment

We can but hope mate.....
                        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hi All

I've not updated my UE diary as theres been nothing to update it with. No communication from creditors.

Interesting that not only one of the PDL companies kicked off, and they were quickly put back in to touch.

Not wishing to invite the evil eye however........

Best
                          SnV

Comment

Hi All

I've not updated my UE diary as theres been nothing to update it with. No communication from creditors.

Interesting that not only one of the PDL companies kicked off, and they were quickly put back in to touch.

Not wishing to invite the evil eye however........

Best
                            SnV
                            long may it continue

Comment

Additions (Shop Direct):

Key:

3/10/2012 - Doorstep Collection Letter received from Scotcall
                              I knew it was too good I hadn't heard anything for so long!

Letter received today from Scotcall. My account has been assigned to a field agent in my area.

Well good luck to them if they turn up!

I'll be sending off the standard doorstep template tomorrow.

Comment

Additions (Shop Direct):

Key:

3/10/2012 - Doorstep Collection Letter received from Scotcall
                                8/10/2012 - Template letter sent for Doorstep Collections
                                10/10/2012 - Response from Scotcall regards doorstep template
                                Hi All

I have got a bellringer of a response from Scotcall since receiving the doorstep template. Response as follows:

I write in response to your recent correspondence. The case you have referred to is not applicable in your circumstances. As part of the credit agreement that you signed and entered into, you agreed to pay the full outstanding balance and that where necessary the creditor could recover the debt by outsourcing the debt to a third party which included by way of doorstep collection.

Therefore the license you state that has been revoked is irrelevant, which for the avoidance of doubt we do not agree to, is not binding on us as it does not fulfill the relevant principles of contract law.

We are entitled by law and under contract to recover monies outstanding and we are allowed to take reasonable steps in accordance with regulatory guidance to recover such monies.

Yours faithfully
                                Scotcall Correspondence Team

What a doozie!!!!

I'd love to see the section of the CCA which states that a creditor is allowed to carry out doorstep visits. I'd also love to see what contractual law states that I have consented to such!!!

Well I think some quotation of 'regulatory guidance' back to them is now in order as this account is seriously in dispute due to the charges applied to the account and the OFT have clear 'regulatory guidance' on disputed and deadlocked accounts!

Comment

Working...
                                X