GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script spent2much UE diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

spent2much UE diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spent2much
    replied
    Thank you , well I received another letter from them saying that they are sending the account back to the owner

Leave a comment:

• nightwatch
    replied
    I have 2 accounts with Robinson way, they are UE and SBm but they still like to write to me, who am I to stop their hopes of me paying them.
    I would be cruel to crush their dreams of me suddenly paying up, and maybe giving one of them a heart attack with the shock.

RBS send us CC statements every month, they couldn't find the CCA for the card, so never sold it on, defaulted 2002, not paid since April 2012, send the statements but never any letters asking us to pay.

Leave a comment:

• cymruambyth
    replied
    They get bored after a while! I have an SB account that has been sold on; I have just added the letter to my collection

Leave a comment:

• Spent2much
    replied
    Thank you for replying appreciate it . All accounts were statute barred last June and the only two accounts with defaults on them both come off in August this year and this account is not one those , so will leave them to it .
    Just wondering if this is going to go on forever though with SB accounts being passed on and on , do i just ignore them now ?

Leave a comment:

• cymruambyth
    replied
    As Di posted, be careful with your SB dates; otherwise I would just ignore. Why waste money on postage when the account is unenforceable? There is no need to notify them, why do their job for them. They can be imaginative with default dates, so the longer you wait before letting them know, the harder it is for them.

Leave a comment:

• The Tech Clerk
    replied
    well up to them now, their next move, seems they keep asking for a repayment plan ummmm never mind. see what they do next as when sent to a different company they hit you with template letters etc to see how you react, and they hope & hope & hope.. every case is different

Leave a comment:

• Spent2much
    replied
    Originally posted by Spent2much View Post
    Re: spent2much UE diary

Type of account (catalogue very.co.uk)mine

Date commenced (2004) maybe before

Approx balance.( £1,217

Date last paid (22/06/2012)

Are you on arrangement or not paying (stopping dmp )

Status (cca being sent )

Account owner (very.co.uk) now with cabot financial

9/7/12 cca request sent
    12/7/12 from Cabot do not have this inormation on file requesting from original lender.
    20/9/12 from Cabot still looking for agreement and until they do this account is UE

19/04/13 Cabot

Your request for information under the consumer credit act.

Unfortunately Cabot has not been able to provide you with the requested information within the relevant time period.

What happens next?

We shall continue to request the information from the original lender to assist you with your request. In the meantime, we would like inform you that your account shall remain on hold with the customer assurance department until such time we can comply with your request.

Your account

Please not , you are still obliged to repay the outstanding balance as confirmed in this letter and therefore we would recommend you contact us as soon as possible to set a repayment arrangement or continue with your existing plan.

Cabot we have passed your account to Ruthbridge ltd,
    letter included from Rithbridge .
    asking for a plan to reply
    6 June 2019

This account is statute barred , what do i do with it just ignore it ?

thanks
    Bumping this as would like some advise please .Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Spent2much
    replied

Type of account (catalogue very.co.uk)mine

Date commenced (2004) maybe before

Approx balance.( £1,217

Status (cca being sent )

Account owner (very.co.uk) now with cabot financial

9/7/12 cca request sent
    12/7/12 from Cabot do not have this inormation on file requesting from original lender.
    20/9/12 from Cabot still looking for agreement and until they do this account is UE

19/04/13 Cabot

Your request for information under the consumer credit act.

Unfortunately Cabot has not been able to provide you with the requested information within the relevant time period.

What happens next?

We shall continue to request the information from the original lender to assist you with your request. In the meantime, we would like inform you that your account shall remain on hold with the customer assurance department until such time we can comply with your request.

Your account

Please not , you are still obliged to repay the outstanding balance as confirmed in this letter and therefore we would recommend you contact us as soon as possible to set a repayment arrangement or continue with your existing plan.

Cabot we have passed your account to Ruthbridge ltd,
    letter included from Rithbridge .
    asking for a plan to reply
    6 June 2019

This account is statute barred , what do i do with it just ignore it ?

thanks
    bump

Leave a comment:

• Joanna Connolly Solicitors
    replied
    updated today what do i do about this shall i ignore as this debt is statute barred .

Hello

Your last post on this thread was a year ago so can you just clarify which debt you are referring to (with a link or re-quote of the account history).

During the last year there has been new case law (a higher court) which means that the last payment may not necessarily be the legal determination of Statute Barred - the date the account was defaulted may be relevant which can sometimes be months, if not years, later.

Obviously evidence that a Default Notice was served would be relevant too.

Di

Leave a comment:

• Spent2much
    replied
    updated today what do i do about this shall i ignore as this debt is statute barred . Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Joanna Connolly Solicitors
    replied
    Originally posted by Spent2much
    Our debts are now statute barred Never imagined getting this far , I used to get so jealous in a nice way when other members on here posted about their debts becoming statute barred , now its my turn.
    So where do we go from here ?

Happy days !

Thank you for all the help on here over the years , we've had some bad times as a family nearly had to give the house up and nearly lost the business , but thanks to the encouragement with the house from plan B and to niddy and I could mention loads of members who've been amazing in encouraging me along the way , me and my husband appreciate everything everyone has done for us .

Now looking into selling house and down sizing .

lots of love s2m xx

PS my diary shows June 22nd last payments but it was actually 20th I just never got round to editing , but hey what's two days lol ,

Originally posted by Diana Mayhew

^ ^ ^ I saw your post on another thread but decided to react on your Unenforceable Diary so others can see and share the good news. Time to celebrate!

First of all well done you for reaching the Statute Barred milestone. It's been hard work (1,760 posts on this 113 page thread!).

It's been a roller coaster ride but you made it *phew*

My advice would be to keep quiet for at least another year because even though you say the last payments were more than six years ago some debt purchasers rely on the default date as the Cause of Action for SB purposes. Most AAD members will have been defaulted before their last payment date so it's less of a worry.

Post up any letters you get, but hopefully contact from the debt purchasers will gradually cease.

I'm happy for you

This gives hope to others in debt

Di

Leave a comment:

• Spent2much
    replied

Type of account (credit card)mine

Date commenced (2005) i put 2005 but they may be before this also

Approx balance.( £940.66

Status ( i believe a default was received but don't have it as was burgled in 2010 and some of our personal papers were scattered in the snow and could not be recovered )

Account owner ( Barclaycard)

9/7/2012 sent cca request

4/8/2012 Barclaycard looking for original agreement
    12/02/2013 from barclaycard

cca recon sent to niddy
    sending missing pt's today

13/02/13 sent missing pt's
    22/02/2012 from Barclaycard
    About your complaint

Thank you for contacting us on 13th Feb 2013 regarding your Barclaycard

I am sorry that you have had reason to complain.
    I understand you are not satisfied that we have complied with our obligations

under the section 78 of CCA. We believe your credit agreement is to be fully compliant with the Act and any allegations that it is not will be opposed.
    I realise this is not the answer you wanted, so I have given the details below so you can see the reasons behind our decision.
    I am aware that we made errors in our previous response which i have amended accordingly. Feedback has been given to the member of staff who made the error.

I would like to assure you that the provision of a high level of service is of paramount importance to us and apologise for the oversight in the information provided with our previous letter.I would like to acknowledge your request for a copy of your original agreement and I am able to confirm that this has been to the relevant department who will contact you directly regarding this .

______
    It goes on to explain about the case of carey v hsbc
    then about the statement of the terms of the agreement as varied
    regulation 7 of CNC regulations provides that, where an agreement has been varied in accprdance with section 82(1) of the Act (as is the case with your credit agreement )

timescales
    your opininons
    Please take this letter as our final response to your complaint. If anything is unclear of if you are unhappy with the way we have handled your complaint,
    please write to the above address. I will do all I can to answer your questions and reach an agreement with you.

28/6/2017 Barclaycard

We'll soon be transferring your account over to Hoist Portfolio Limited , who have chosen Robinson Way Limited to act on their behalf .

Robinson way will be in touch once the transfer is complete .
    17/08/2017 Hoist Portfolio Limited
    Notice of Assignment
    We are writing to notify you that Barclays Bank PLC trading as Barclaycard has assigned all of its respective rights, title and interest in respect of the above referenced account (including the outstanding balance )to Hoist Portfolio effective 19 July 2017.

The total balance sold was £940.66 as at 6 June 2017. Any payments made towards your account after this date will have been forwarded to HPH Lrd and your current balance is £940.66.

Under the terms of this assignment , and as defined in the data protection act 1998, HPH is now the data controller of your personal data contained in the records of this account and will use your personal details solely for this the purpose of managing your account and collecting the outstanding balance.

Robinson way limited has been appointed by HPH to manage your account and it is essential that all future payment and correspondence regarding this account be directed to Robinson way limited .
    17/08/2017 Robinson way
    Please contact us as soon as possible to agree your payment plan
    e Pleas nt that if you don't get in touch we will advise you of further collection activity that may be taken against your account, which could typically include

referring your account ot our client's solicitors and and asking them to issue a county court claim which could result in a country court judgement being entered .
    we would prefer to help you and these are last resort actions so please contact us as soon as possible to agree your plan today .
    1/9/2017 Robinson way

We recently wrote to advise you that we are collecting your outstanding balance and we want to help you pay off your debt . To do this we need to understand your circumstances.

All you need to do is register on our website and choose 'set up my payments plan' Then we can work out how much can afford to pay and set up your installment arrangement with us
    Or you can phone us
    Or you can offer a reduced settlement amount which if agreed ca be paid over a number of months.

22/03/2018 Robinson Way

We need you take action - agree a repayment plan today

It's important that you get in touch with us to tell us about your situation . We can then agree an affordable repayment plan with you.

Taking steps to manage your account is important. If you choose to do nothing , we will advise you of further collections activity that may be taken against you. This could include :

*Referring your account to our client's solicitors and asking them to issue a CCJ which could result in a CCJ being entered .

We'd rather agree an affordable repayment plan with so please contact us today .

12/05/2018 Robinson way

Pay 60% of your outstanding balance .

Update - our debts become SB next month so not even responding to this letter .

Leave a comment:

• Spent2much
    replied
    Thank you everyone for the replies - I'm not going to reply as yet because I just can't find the letter my mind is turmoil - so leaving it until they write again .

Our debts are SB 22 June so not long now - we haven't received any defaults since 2012 for sure so our credit file should be free of them if they were I could be wrong .

Once again thank you xx

Leave a comment:

• Spud
    replied
    Sorry to hear about your family concerns S2M.......I hope things resolve themselves soon for you - This is an added pressure you could do without

Whilst I agree that a SWID letter should be the first point of contact for these.........If it were me ( and there is no right and wrong way unfortunately ) I don't think I would be replying just yet for the following reasons.......

Robbo Way are usually quite soft with their approach and if you don't correspond with them they will usually send you a barrage of letters before attempting to do anything else.......Which could easily be 2 or more months......Exactly what we need?

They may pass it back to Hoist and the story starts again.........Another month or two.........Lack of action and stalling for time will be your friend here.........Why set wheels in motion before you have to?

In that time......Robinson Way would not even bother to attempt to gain any further details from Barclaycard etc because its quite normal for debtors to not reply etc.........

Then and only when the letters start to change would I send the SWID letter which will cause them to raid Barclaycards records as Roger said. The idea would be to string it out as long as is sensible before you reply.......It could easily be 6 months etc..........Each day is a day nearer or a day past the SB point - Depending on where we are with this account

If they are not threatening anything........What have you got to lose by not replying? All they will do is write again......big deal

We have all heard the 47th hand horror stories of " They will use it against you if you don,t reply".......But I am unaware of an actual case where this has been used against a defendant ( successfully or otherwise - But I am happy to be educated) .....And of course you would reply.......when the time is right

The SAR ( if needed) could then be timed after the SWID reply - As previously mentioned

Think about it.......You are so close.......Whats a few introduction letters?

It may go against the grain slightly of the usual recommended practices........and no doubt there will be some who disagree.........But tactics are what win the day sometimes and I would hate for RW to start digging on this now and issue just before a possible SB date
    Last edited by Spud; 28 March 2018, 15:53.

Leave a comment:

• Spent2much
    replied
    I'll have to wait for another letter I cannot find the one they sent - its here somewhere but i am stressed to high heaven with a very serious situation going on in my family right now I cannot say what it is as it is so bad .

I'll keep looking for the letter but my head isn't in the right place .

Leave a comment:

Working...
X