GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Hopeful's UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hopeful's UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hopeful's UE Diary

Update - Overdraft - Cahoot (santander)

Type of account – Overdraft
    Date commenced - August 2000
    Approx balance - £4,199
    Date last paid – September 2011
    Are you on arrangement or not paying – Not Paying
    Status - Default
    Account owner – Moorcroft acting as DCA - Not assigned as far as I can make out

11/02/2010 - Spoke to CCCS regarding my credit problems. They advised me to offer token payments of £1 per month on all my unsecured accounts
    **/02/2010 - CCCS template letter to Cahoot asking them to accept token payments of £1 per month to reduce balance
    24/02/2010 - Letter from Cahoot - unable to accept my offer
    24/03/2010 - Further letter to Cahoot asking them to reconsider my offer
    31/03/2010 - Letter from Cahoot - asking me to call them regarding my previous letter
    06/04/2010 - Spoke to Cahoot - they confirmed token payments were unacceptable as any request would have to come directly from a third party debt counsellor rather than a template letter from me
    06/04/2010 - Further letter to Cahoot asking them to reconsider my offer, as other creditors had accepted CCCS template letters. Asked for response in writing
    27/04/2010 - Complaint to Cahoot quoting Lending Code (paragraphs relating to lenders accepting information information provided by credit counsellors etc.)
    05/05/2010 - Letter from Santander/Cahoot - Confirming receipt of my complaint letter
    13/05/2010 - Letter from Santander/Cahoot - Confirming payment plan was unacceptable, but that interest & fees would be suspended!!
    28/05/2010 - Further letter to Santander/Cahoot asking them stop interest & charges ASAP and refund the same to February 2010
    03/06/2010 - Letter from Santander/Cahoot - Sorry to hear they have not been able to resolve my complaint in a timely & satisfactory manner
    10/06/2010 - Final response from Santander/Cahoot - they feel no further action is required & cannot agree with my request
    06/07/2010 - Complaint to FOS
    29/11/2010 - Letter from FOS confirming my complaint has been upheld & that Santander should suspend all interest & charges & refund all charges incurred from 11th February 2010 plus pay me £150 compensation!!
    30/11/2010 - Reply to FOS, confirming acceptance of offer
    05/01/2011 - Default Notice from Cahoot
    07/01/2011 - Letter to FOS, confirming Santander had still not made settlement
    **/01/2011 - Telephone call from FOS adjudicator saying he'd spoken to Santander & they'd assured him that the settlement would be actioned
    07/03/2011 - Second Default Notice from Cahoot
    08/03/2011 - Notice of intention to register default information, from Cahoot
    26/02/2013 - Letter from Santander informing me that they'll be referring my account to Moorcroft
    04/03/2013 - Letter from Moorcroft asking me to contact them within 7 days with full payment or an offer of payment
    15/03/2013 - Further letter from Moorcroft asking me to send payment in full before 22nd March or to call them immediately. They say if I don't contact them they may recommend to their client that they consider 'possible further debt recovery action'
    21/03/2013 - Letter to FOS advising them that Santander have failed to comply with the FOS's adjudication
    22/03/2013 - Copy of Niddy's overdraft CCA request letter to Moorcroft
    27/03/2013 - Email from FOS confirming receipt of my complaint. They've contacted Santander who, 'needs to request the case papers from its archive store to be able to look in detail at what has happened - or not happened, as the case may be'. Won't hold my breath!!
    30/03/2011 - Letter from Moorcroft requesting £1 fee. I know this is an overdraft & doesn't need £1 payment, but should I send it anyway to see what they come up with? Alternatively, should I state that the account is in dispute as Santander failed to comply with the FOS's adjudication prior to the account being defaulted?
    22/03/2013 - Decided to send copy of Niddy's 'Bank Accounts - CCA Reply' letter to Moorcroft. See what they come back with this time!

Comment

Moorcroft soon passed my OD on.
      Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Approx balance - £4,199
        Status - Default

11/02/2010 - Spoke to CCCS regarding my credit problems. They advised me to offer token payments of £1 per month on all my unsecured accounts
        **/02/2010 - CCCS template letter to Cahoot asking them to accept token payments of £1 per month to reduce balance
        31/03/2010 - Letter from Cahoot - asking me to call them regarding my previous letter
        06/04/2010 - Spoke to Cahoot - they confirmed token payments were unacceptable as any request would have to come directly from a third party debt counsellor rather than a template letter from me
        06/04/2010 - Further letter to Cahoot asking them to reconsider my offer, as other creditors had accepted CCCS template letters. Asked for response in writing
        27/04/2010 - Complaint to Cahoot quoting Lending Code (paragraphs relating to lenders accepting information information provided by credit counsellors etc.)
        05/05/2010 - Letter from Santander/Cahoot - Confirming receipt of my complaint letter
        13/05/2010 - Letter from Santander/Cahoot - Confirming payment plan was unacceptable, but that interest & fees would be suspended!!
        28/05/2010 - Further letter to Santander/Cahoot asking them stop interest & charges ASAP and refund the same to February 2010
        03/06/2010 - Letter from Santander/Cahoot - Sorry to hear they have not been able to resolve my complaint in a timely & satisfactory manner
        10/06/2010 - Final response from Santander/Cahoot - they feel no further action is required & cannot agree with my request
        29/11/2010 - Letter from FOS confirming my complaint has been upheld & that Santander should suspend all interest & charges & refund all charges incurred from 11th February 2010 plus pay me £150 compensation!!
        **/01/2011 - Telephone call from FOS adjudicator saying he'd spoken to Santander & they'd assured him that the settlement would be actioned
        26/02/2013 - Letter from Santander informing me that they'll be referring my account to Moorcroft
        04/03/2013 - Letter from Moorcroft asking me to contact them within 7 days with full payment or an offer of payment
        15/03/2013 - Further letter from Moorcroft asking me to send payment in full before 22nd March or to call them immediately. They say if I don't contact them they may recommend to their client that they consider 'possible further debt recovery action'
        21/03/2013 - Letter to FOS advising them that Santander have failed to comply with the FOS's adjudication
        27/03/2013 - Email from FOS confirming receipt of my complaint. They've contacted Santander who, 'needs to request the case papers from its archive store to be able to look in detail at what has happened - or not happened, as the case may be'. Won't hold my breath!!
        30/03/2013 - Letter from Moorcroft requesting £1 fee. I know this is an overdraft & doesn't need £1 payment, but should I send it anyway to see what they come up with? Alternatively, should I state that the account is in dispute as Santander failed to comply with the FOS's adjudication prior to the account being defaulted?
        22/04/2013 - Decided to send copy of Niddy's 'Bank Accounts - CCA Reply' letter to Moorcroft. See what they come back with this time!
        18/05/2013 - Received copy of CCA from Cahoot, even though I hadn't paid the £1 fee! Looks like it's a multiple agreement (current account & credit card). Could it be that this is UE? Think I'll upload a copy to Niddy. See what he thinks.

Comment

Originally posted by Hopeful View Post

18/05/2013 - Received copy of CCA from Cahoot, even though I hadn't paid the £1 fee! Looks like it's a multiple agreement (current account & credit card). Could it be that this is UE? Think I'll upload a copy to Niddy. See what he thinks.
          Ok will check later
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Approx balance - £4,199
            Status - Default

30/03/2013 - Letter from Moorcroft requesting £1 fee. I know this is an overdraft & doesn't need £1 payment, but should I send it anyway to see what they come up with? Alternatively, should I state that the account is in dispute as Santander failed to comply with the FOS's adjudication prior to the account being defaulted?
            22/04/2013 - Decided to send copy of Niddy's 'Bank Accounts - CCA Reply' letter to Moorcroft. See what they come back with this time!
            04/06/2013 - Niddy says . Not heard anything from Santander or Moorcroft for a while. Next time they bother me, I'll send a copy of the missing PT's template.

Comment

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

I are you OK ? Any updates?
                if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Capital One

Type of account – Credit Card
                  Date commenced - July 1998
                  Approx balance - £2,491
                  Date last paid – December 2011
                  Status - Default
                  Account owner – Fredrickson (Don't know if account has been assigned or not. Fredrickson state they 'have been appointed as Capital One's agent')

22/02/2012 – Sent CCA Request
                  03/03/2012 – Received CCA responseEmailed Niddy - Niddy Says
                  19/03/2012 - Recieved 'DO NOT IGNORE' threat letter from Fredrickson's. Decided to ignore!
                  29/03/2012 - Recieved 'LETTER BEFORE ACTION' threat letter from Fredrickson's.
                  05/04/2012 - 'Threat-o-Gram Letter Before Action' sent to Fredricksons

17/10/2015 - Back on the bandwagon with this one! Probably their last hope before Statute Barred (hopefully next year). Received Notice of Assignment from Cabot and request to make payment.
                  07/11/2015 - 'We have not heard from you' letter from Cabot
                  21/11/2015 - 'We write further to our recent letter' letter received from Cabot. Letter states, 'As you have been unable to agree a reasonable repayment plan for your above debt your account will now be reviewed to determine whether we should commence legal action against you'. Don't think this is a letter before action, but going to send 'Account Sold in CCA Dispute' letter. Is this the right letter to send? Niddy's confirmed that the account is unenforceable. Also, a quick question for anyone in the know. When we send copies of the template letters to lenders or DCA's, are we acknowledging the debt & therefore putting back the Statute Barred clock? Thanks in anticipation.

Comment

Have a read of this thread about Cabot Hopeful --->http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...hp?18936-Cabot

The template letters don't reset the SB clock. They are carefully worded so you have no worries there
                    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
                      Have a read of this thread about Cabot Hopeful --->http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...hp?18936-Cabot

The template letters don't reset the SB clock. They are carefully worded so you have no worries there
                      Thanks for the response Pixie. Interesting reading regarding the Cabot thread. I'll post in there regarding what I've had from them.

Comment

Any update yet Hopeful ?
                        if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

Comment

Santander - Drydensfairfax

Hi all. Please see below my UE diary for my Cahoot (Santander) flexible loan. This has reared its ugly head again, presumably due to being close to statute barring.

I posted this last week in the AAD+ Discussion Portal but didn't get much feedback or advice.

I’m sorry, but the diary for this one does drag on a bit! I suppose the next step is a CCA request to Drydensfairfax?

Cahoot (Santander) – Flexible Loan

Type of account – Running Account
                          Date commenced – January 2003
                          Balance - £13,843
                          Date last paid - September 2011
                          Are you on arrangement or not paying - Not Paying
                          Status - Default
                          Account owner - Drydensfairfax acting as DCA - Not assigned as far as I can make out

02/02/2010 - Letter to Cahoot asking them to freeze interest & accept token payments of £1 per month to reduce balance

10/02/2010 - Letter from Cahoot – Thank you for letter, please call one of our advisors immediately.

26/02/2010 – Letter from Cahoot – Your Account is in Arrears

26/02/2010 – Spoke to CCCS – Told me to continue making token payments

04/03/2010 – Letter from Cahoot – Payment Request

16/03/2010 - Letter from Cahoot – Pay £363.97 by Return

18/03/2010 – Letter from Cahoot – Notice under CCA1974 – Account not Paid in Full for Last Two Months

29/03/2010 – Letter from Cahoot – Notice of Missed Payment

06/04/2010 - Spoke to Cahoot - they confirmed token payments were unacceptable as any request would have to come directly from a third-party debt counsellor rather than a template letter from me.

08/04/2010 – Letter from Cahoot – 2nd Notice of Missed Payment

22/04/2010 – Notice of Missed Payment

27/04/2010 - Complaint to Cahoot quoting Lending Code (paragraphs relating to lenders accepting information provided by credit counsellors etc.)

03/05/2010 – 2nd Notice of Missed Payment

13/05/2010 - Letter from Santander/Cahoot - Confirming payment plan was unacceptable, but that interest & fees would be suspended!![img]file:///C:/Users/Paul/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image001.png[/img]

29/11/2010 - Letter from FOS confirming my complaint has been upheld & that Santander should suspend all interest & charges & refund all charges incurred from 11th February 2010 plus pay me £150 compensation!![img]file:///C:/Users/Paul/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image001.png[/img]

**/01/2011 - Telephone call from FOS adjudicator saying he'd spoken to Santander & they'd assured him that the settlement would be actioned.

Nothing then until:

01/02/2013 – Default Notice received – Pay arrears of £13,481.51 within 14 days.

02/02/2013 – Notice received of Santander’s intention to register default information with credit reference agencies.

22/02/2013 – CCA request sent to Santander with £1 fee

09/03/2013 – Letter from Santander confirming termination of agreement

25/03/2013 – Letter from Santander – Account referred to Moorcroft Debt Recovery

29/03/2013 – Letter from Moorcroft requesting that I pay £26,853.68 in full within 7 days

05/04/2018 – Account sold in dispute letter to Moorcroft

10/04/2013 – Letter from Moorcroft requesting £1 fee for CCA

15/04/13 – Letter to Moorcroft confirming £1 fee was sent with CCA request on 22/02/2013

18/04/2013 – Letter from Moorcroft stating they’d be communicating with Santander regarding my query.

31/05/2013 – Letter from Moorcroft stating that Santander have advised them that they have no record of me requesting a CCA. Santander have requested that I go back to the branch where I requested the CCA from! Moorcroft say they’ve placed the account on temporary hold.

24/06/2013 – Compensation cheque for £150 from Santander for FOS complaint

08/07/2013 – Harassment warning letter to Moorcroft

09/07/2013 – Letter from Santander regretting that they hadn’t implemented the resolution to my FOS complaint & that they’d credited £13,010.44 to my account due to their failure to suspend interest & charges.

12/07/2013 – Letter from Moorcroft apologising for phone calls

08/08/2013 – Further complaint to Santander due to them not complying with the resolution from FOS relating to my earlier complaint.

10/10/2013 – Further cheque from Santander for £450 in compensation for them not dealing with FOS resolution to my earlier complaint in a timely manner.

22/01/2014 – Letter from Moorcroft stating that as my complaint to Santander had now concluded, my account would be taken off hold in 14 days.

10/02/2014 – Letter from Moorcroft confirming that my account with them is closed & had been returned to Santander.

24/03/2014 – Letter from Santander stating that my account has been referred to Wescot Credit Services.

28/03/2014 – Letter from Wescot asking that I pay the debt of £13,843.24 in full or contact them.

07/04/2014 – Reminder letter from Wescot

11/04/2014 CCA Request & Harassment letter to Wescot.

16/04/2014 – Response to CCA Request received from Wescot stating that they are not the creditor & that my request should be sent direct to Santander.

08/05/2014 –Letter to Wescot advising them that it’s their responsibility to pass my CCA Request to Santander

18/06/2014 – Copy CCA received from Wescot & letter requesting that I contact them. I must have ignored this, as I can’t find any further correspondence until:

16/04/2018 – Letter from Santander stating that my account will now be managed by Drydensfairfax Solicitors.

25/04/2018 – Letter from Drydensfairfax asking me to contact them by 09/05/2018.

Comment

Well of my head a CCA to Santander and a Copy to Drydensfairfax.
                            This was a running Credit but how did this come about? Was it perchance to pay off other Debts with Santander/Cahoot?
                            Was your FOS complaint resolved or Not?

Comment

Hi Roger. Thanks for the response. No, the flexible loan wasn't to pay off other Santander/Cahoot debts. It was just a rolling flexible loan that ran alongside a Cahoot current account & credit card. My FOS complaint was resolved in my favour. Santander had to refund all charges & interest to the account & also paid me compensation of £600 in total.

Comment

Seems odd that Santander/Cahoot haven't sold this debt off doesn't it?
                                The Flexible Loan may well have NOT started out to repay Overdraft and of Credit Card but has or was it used to pay off other Cahoot/Santander Debts over its life span?
                                I think for your purposes you will need a SAR possibly at some point if this starts to escalate.
                                You are obviously close to SB. The CCA request should hopefully eat some time up!!

Comment

Working...
                                X