GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Hopeful's UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hopeful's UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hopeful's UE Diary

I suppose my financial problems started around 11 years ago when I was made redundant from a steady job with a decent level of income. From that date it was always a bit of a struggle. Although I set up my own business, income was always sporadic. Previously to being made redundant, I had built up a good line of credit, by way of credit cards & flexible loans. Occasionally I would have to use my credit cards & flexible loans to supplement my income. Although I was always able to maintain minimum payments to my creditors, things were starting to get out of hand.

Things came to a head a couple of years ago, when I split from my long-term partner. Losing her income meant I had to pay the mortgage, secured loan and all bills from my own income. This was impossible, so I contacted CCCS. They completed a review of my income & expenditure & advised me to send letters to my unsecured creditors offering them token payments of £1 per month. I took their advice and all of my creditors complied with my request.

After looking on the forum & reading Niddy’s advice to other members, I have now stopped making the token payments. Consequently, most of my accounts have been defaulted and passed on to the dreaded DCA’s. Although the endless contact from them was initially very daunting, I am dealing with the DCA’s as discussed in various threads here. It’s great that if you refuse to go through their security questions, they’re unable to talk to you!

Anyway, that’s my opening post, probably of many! I will add details about my individual accounts when I have a little more time and upload my CCA’s for advice from Niddy. I am ‘hopeful’ that, as all of my accounts are pre 2007, he will declare them as unenforceable.

Edit:

Will add individual account details from today, using Pixie's colour coding, i.e.

sent
    received
    other information
    Last edited by Hopeful; 30 March 2012, 09:58. Reason: Update

Re: Hopeful's UE Diary

Hi Hopeful!
    A warm welcome to AAD, and very well done on taking the first step. Glad you've stopped those £1 token payments, all they do is prolong the agony, making sure you're never free of the bloodsuckers as the debts go on forever without becoming Statute Barred. On here that's a last resort.
    Fingers crossed for you and if there's anything you're not sure of, just shout!

kind regards,
    Shep x

Comment

Capital One

Type of account – Credit Card
      Date commenced - July 1998
      Approx balance - £2,491
      Date last paid – December 2011
      Are you on arrangement or not paying – Not Paying
      Status - Default
      Account owner – Fredrickson (Don't know if account has been assigned or not. Fredrickson state they 'have been appointed as Capital One's agent')

22/02/2012 – Sent CCA Request
      03/03/2012 – Received CCA responseEmailed Niddy - Niddy Says
      19/03/2012 - Recieved 'DO NOT IGNORE' threat letter from Fredrickson's. Decided to ignore!
      29/03/2012 - Recieved 'LETTER BEFORE ACTION' threat letter from Fredrickson's.
      05/04/2012 - 'Threat-o-Gram Letter Before Action' sent to Fredricksons

17/10/2015 - Back on the bandwagon with this one! Probably their last hope before Statute Barred (hopefully next year). Received Notice of Assignment from Cabot and request to make payment.
      07/11/2015 - 'We have not heard from you' letter from Cabot
      21/11/2015 - 'We write further to our recent letter' letter received from Cabot. Letter states, 'As you have been unable to agree a reasonable repayment plan for your above debt your account will now be reviewed to determine whether we should commence legal action against you'. Don't think this is a letter before action, but going to send 'Account Sold in CCA Dispute' letter. Is this the right letter to send? Niddy's confirmed that the account is unenforceable. Also, a quick question for anyone in the know. When we send copies of the template letters to lenders or DCA's, are we acknowledging the debt & therefore putting back the Statute Barred clock? Thanks in anticipation.
      Last edited by Hopeful; 23 November 2015, 10:01. Reason: Update

Comment

Originally posted by Hopeful View Post
        It’s great that if you refuse to go through their security questions, they’re unable to talk to you!
        The point to bear in mind is that the "security questions" are asked not for your benefit but for the benefit of the debt-chasing parasites - they're supposed to ensure they are only speaking to the alleged debtor.

Sing to them!

Chant "Om mani padmi hum"

Repeat their questions.

Respond in "baby talk".

Tell them that you're God and that you'll only talk to them if they'll worship you.

Above all, have fun!

Comment

Update - Capital One

19/03/2012 - Recieved 'DO NOT IGNORE' threat letter from Fredrickson's. Decided to ignore!
          04/04/2012 – 'CCA Unenforceable' letter sent to Capital One
          04/04/2012 – 'Account Sold Whilst in Default of CCA Request' letter sent to Fredricksons

Comment

Hi

Have you posted the templates yet?

You may need to send a different one so let me know ASAP if I'm too late.
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hi Niddy

Not posted yet. In envelopes ready to go!

Won't post until I hear from you.

Comment

Update - Capital One

04/04/2012 – 'CCA Unenforceable' letter sent to Capital One
                04/04/2012 – 'Account Sold Whilst in Default of CCA Request' letter sent to Fredricksons
                Send this to Fred------> Threat by Creditor - Threat-o-Gram Letter Before Action
                forget the other...........
                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Not posted yet. In envelopes ready to go!

Won't post until I hear from you.
                  Excellent - phew, good timing!!

Originally posted by in 2 deep View Post
                  Send this to Fred------> Threat by Creditor - Threat-o-Gram Letter Before Action
                  forget the other...........
                  Yes, send that and nothing else - sorry for the waste of ink but as they've sent the threat, you must respond to that first and foremost.

Its fine, try get that posted asap

Don't send any of the others as yet.
                  I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks for the quick intervention from in 2 deep & Niddy!!

Will update again when 'Threat by Creditor - Threat-o-Gram Letter Before Action' posted.

Comment

Update - Capital One

05/04/2012 - 'Threat-o-Gram Letter Before Action' sent to Fredricksons

Comment

Egg

Type of account – Fixed Sum Loan
                        Date commenced - April 2006
                        Approx balance - £6,375.91
                        Date last paid – March 2011
                        Status - Default
                        Account owner – Apex (Assigned)

07/03/2011 – Sent CCA Request
                        13/04/2011 – Received CCA response
                        20/01/2011 to 02/08/2012 - Received numerous letters requesting payment from Apex, but no real threats of action.
                        07/08/2012 - Emailed copy of CCA to Niddy

Comment

Update - Egg

Type of account – Fixed Sum Loan
                          Date commenced - April 2006
                          Approx balance - £6,375.91
                          Date last paid – March 2011
                          Status - Default
                          Account owner – Apex (Assigned)

07/03/2011 – Sent CCA Request
                          13/04/2011 – Received CCA response
                          20/01/2011 to 02/08/2012 - Received numerous letters requesting payment from Apex, but no real threats

of action
                          07/08/2012 - Emailed copy of CCA to Niddy
                          11/08/2012 - Niddy Says Not Good News!
                          12/08/2012 - Another letter from Apex stating that they're 'disappointed I haven't responded to their previous letters'. No threats as yet. Will ignore.

06/03/2013 - Just been looking at my old credit reference file (dated March 2012). This account was defaulted by Egg on 31/07/2010 & assigned to Apex in November 2010. Apex have defaulted the loan again on 17/03/2011. Can they do this? I presume this is pushing back my '6 years' for this account?

Another point. When Egg originally defaulted this account, I did not receive a default notice. I am presuming that Egg had sent the notice to my previous address, which I had left over 10 years earlier. Although I informed Egg in May 2000 that I had changed address, they carried on sending documentation to the old address. I even made a complaint to Egg in December 2006 relating to their incompetence. However, they continued to send letters to my previous address. Apex have sent me a copy of Egg's assignment letter, which also went to the previous address. Surely a document as important as a default notice should be sent to the correct address? Is there anything I can do about this?

Comment

I am having the same problem with another DCA not using the original default.

If you have proof via an old CRA entry then would complain to DCA first then if no dice from them then FOS them. Cost them the complaint fee. Sooner they start to lose money the sooner this sharpe practice will stop.

Comment

are you paying this Hopeful?

If you are and have therefore admitted the debt you could go ahead and complain, one default per account, however if you are still pursuing UE I wouldn't be arguing at the moment, wait until it is SB

Comment

Working...
                              X