GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Welcome Finance - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Welcome Finance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Welcome Finance

Hi guys, Apologies for not being on here for a while. Am awaiting a responce to the above letter that i posted to Welcome Finance.
    However I have now received a default notice from them. I am quite scared, which i guess is the reaction that they probably want from me. I do not know what i am meant to do.
    Please please please help

Comment

Originally posted by mum2002 View Post
      Hi guys, Apologies for not being on here for a while. Am awaiting a responce to the above letter that i posted to Welcome Finance.
      However I have now received a default notice from them. I am quite scared, which i guess is the reaction that they probably want from me. I do not know what i am meant to do.
      Please please please help
      One like this shown here?--> allaboutFORUMS - View Single Post - UPDATED - Defaults, The Law Removal

Just simply file it along with the envelope it came in, we have all received them during our ue journeys, do not worry about it.

Comment

It is the default notice served under section 87(1).

Dont understand why they dont take a hint and permenantly go away.

Comment

Hi guys,
          It has been a while since I have been on. I sent off my unenforceability letter and it took quite a while before Welcome Finance sent me anything back. Firstly I have received a Default notice instructing me that I have 14 days to comply or they will enforce collection of vehicle, (that was dated 02/03/12), I then received two hire purchase statements for my account (which is split into two due to them re writing my original agreement), this was sent 14/03/12. I then received a letter dated 18/03/12 which says "further to the notice of default issued, the agreement has now been terminated and action to enforce our right to recover the goods and/ or full payment of the outstanding balance an commence." I then received a copy of my SAR (which i already had in october last year) with a new date at the top of the letter, that being the 19/03/12, which I am presuming is in responce to my unenforceable letter.
          I was ready to ignore this, until I received a telephone call from Welcomes head office( while i had sick bug) to inform me that because I had not made payments on the account for three months that it had been passed from the Milton keynes branch to their head office and that they were now dealing with it. I tried to explain to them that I was very ill at the time but they really didnt give a s**t. They told me that I needed to send them a financial statement and that there was no way that my account was unenforceable. They gave me a deadline of last friday and I have not sent one to date as I do not feel that they deserve another penny of my money. They then informed me that they would take the vehicle, with or without my knowledge. I am really at the end of my tether now as I have paid more that the vehicles value and they ripped me off good and proper. Please, please help. Thankyou

Comment

Please can you advise me as soon as possible as i am at my wits end.
            Many thanks

Comment

Originally posted by mum2002 View Post
              I sent off my unenforceability letter and it took quite a while before Welcome Finance sent me anything back. Firstly I have received a Default notice instructing me that I have 14 days to comply or they will enforce collection of vehicle, (that was dated 02/03/12), I then received two hire purchase statements for my account (which is split into two due to them re writing my original agreement), this was sent 14/03/12. I then received a letter dated 18/03/12 which says "further to the notice of default issued, the agreement has now been terminated and action to enforce our right to recover the goods and/ or full payment of the outstanding balance an commence."
              Wouldn't it be kinder to send them some ExLax chocolate? They're so full of shit that they must be terminally constipated.

(I'll explain why presently.)

I received a telephone call from Welcomes head office
              Do not speak to them on the telephone other than to tell them that you will only discuss the matter in writing, by letter. If they persist, just say "in writing, please" and hang up on them. If needs be, keep the 'phone off the hook.

I tried to explain to them that I was very ill at the time but they really didnt give a s**t.
              Really? Does that mean they sell their droppings and, if they do, how's trade these days?

They told me that I needed to send them a financial statement
              Wrong! You do not need to send them anything, let alone an account of income and expenditure.

and that there was no way that my account was unenforceable.
              But they would say that, wouldn't they?

They're liars, of course.

They gave me a deadline of last friday and I have not sent one to date as I do not feel that they deserve another penny of my money.
              Too damn right they don't.

What they do deserve is a thorough horse-whipping!

They then informed me that they would take the vehicle, with or without my knowledge.
              That foolish threat provides a perfect example of why - unless you can record the call - it is really imperative that all discussion of the matter must be in writing and preferably by letter.

I am really at the end of my tether now as I have paid more that the vehicles value and they ripped me off good and proper. Please, please help. Thankyou
              I do not know what part of the American wild west those idiots believe they inhabit but, on this side of the Twilight Zone (cue creepy music) we have a law called the Consumer Credit Act 1974. The latter-day Ike Clanton to whom you spoke at Welcome Finance or mad Cattles really should read that law, or get someone literate to read it to him.

Section 90 (link) deals with defaults on a regulated hire purchase or conditional sale agreement and states that, if the debtor has paid more than one third of the total price of the goods, the goods can only be repossessed by order of a court. They do not have such an order and I rather doubt they will even try to get one, as that would expose other parts of their shonky 'agreement' to judicial scrutiny.

Section 91 (link) is even better, though. That states that, if the goods are snatched back in breach of s90, the debt is extinguished and the debtor is entitled to a repayment of "all sums paid under the agreement".

Comment

Thankyou. Have not heard a thing from the yet, but am not going to hold my breath that they might go away.

Comment

Hi guys,
                  Havent been on here for a while as have had a lot going on.

I need some advice about the car that i have still with welcome finance. I need to know whether or not i can sell the vehicle or what i can do. I do not want the vehicle anymore as it is not suitable for my family needs, but my debt with welcome is building up more and more everyday.

Have welcome finance gone into administration as there are alot of rumours about this? And if so where do i stand?

Many thanks

Comment

I'm not au fait with what you can do about the car but yes, Welcome Finance have gone into administration.
                    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Okay, so haven't heard from welcome for ages, until the other day when i received a phone call from one of their sister companies beginning with an a. They want me to to start paying money and have told me that if i dont it will be taken further. O do.not know what to do and really need some help as the debt just keeps increasing.
                      Thankyou

Comment

Mum,

please don't speak to any of them on the phone, when this company write to you, send a sold in dispute to them.

I'm not quite sure about the car, I suppose it depends on what is reported about it. dealers can check the history before they take cars in part exchange.
                        Hopefully someone with some more knowledge will be along.
                        meanwhile stay away from the phone, unless you can record the calls, you have no record of what is said.

Comment

This morning i received a letter from welcome finanace telling me the following

"I am very disappointed and concerned that despite our efforts to contact you and arrange a payment plan, the arrears on your account remain as yet unpaid. Your account has therefore been passed to Atlas Collections,. Atlas collections are a debt recovery division of welcome financial services ltd and will now manage further recovery activity to collect your outstanding balance. I would recommend that you contact them immediately on (*****) to agree a future payment plan to repay this account."

I am due a call from Atlas tomorrow, but do not want to speak to them as these companies just push you into things, one of the reasons i am in this mess.

I really could do with some help as to where i can go from here.

This does need to be sorted, otherwise it will follow me forever.

Thankyou in advance for any help given.

Comment

Have just been looking back through my thread and it has reminded me that i never received anything back from Welcome finance in regards to my unenforcibility letter that i sent to them. Apart from not talking to the other sister company and sending them the letter sold in dispute what else can i do??
                            Thanks guys

Comment

Send the sold in dispute letter to Atlas.

Dont get into a conversation on the phone with them. Just insist everything is put in writing.

Comment

Working...
                              X