GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Argos CCA - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Argos CCA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Argos CCA

Good evening all,
    Now here is another interesting twist on this one.
    Today received a statement of account from dear old Lowell's.
    This notice is being given to me as required by the consumer credit act 1974,because i fell behind with payments with the original lender...
    No pay up or else,we can offer you different methods of paying off debt,blah,blah,blah....

Its shocking to see that a credit of £30.00 has been paid on the account in November 2011...????????????????????????????
    I have not paid a penny on that account since October,and even then it was for £10.00.

Do these idiots think i just stepped off the banana boat..

Now the original assignement document from Argos dated 3/11/11 had a closing balance of £1058.82.

On this toilet paper just sent in from Lowell's it say's my opening balance on 12/11/11 was £1088.82.
    There are no fee's or charges.

So this is either a very cunning way of nudging me into replying to them or just trying to show me how easy it is to screw people over.....

I was angry to start with, but now i have calmed down,i think this could also be another way of starting the SB clock...
    What do you guys think???
    Steve

Comment

For the sake of a month, it doesn't matter (regards SB)..... don't let it bother you mate, they are dodgy as hell but I do suspect the £30 was a fee of some sort that has erroneously been discovered and removed, to make it look like a payment was received.

It won't affect SB as it only kicks in a month after date of first late payment, which being you paid a tenner, won't change things dramatically....... keep an eye on things, in case they keep paying it off for you...
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by stuff the banks View Post
        Do these idiots think i just stepped off the banana boat..
        Are you an illegal black immigrant?
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
          Are you an illegal black immigrant?

I wouldn't be on here if that was the case Niddy.....
          I would be screwing everyone for everything i could take them for...
          Heck, i would be on here giving you guys advice........for a small fee of course...
          Steve

Comment

Like it STB

regards
            Garlok

Comment

Here we go...back to what i expect now.....
              2nd letter in 2 days........
              Good cop routine yesterday.......bad boy routine today....

Todays letter from Lowlife....
              We can still help you get your account in order......Blah,blah,blah...

What you could face if we dont hear from you...Blah,blah,blah....

What to do.........contact maybe................NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT
              !!
              Steve

Comment

Hello all,
                My eyes have gone wayward,i look like Marty feldman.....
                I have found lots on the SAR, but i requested the one from Argos on 7th December i think..cant check for sure until i get home tonight....
                Is it 40 calendar days or working days they should respond by?
                And maybe another question is...do i respond or not.?
                Another easy one for you guys......
                Pay attention though, i have one or 2 biggies coming soon,really put you to the test then

Thanks Guys
                Steve
                Steve

Comment

40 calendar days....

no do not respond/

Comment

Cheers Niddy.........
                    Doing nothing is easy
                    Steve

Comment

Least you got an application form, Stuff the Banks, all I got was someone elses and then a letter saying they did not have to send me a CCA..... heeeeee Muppets told them in no uncertain terms ACCOUNT MOST DEFO IN DISPUTE... that was in October... those that may remember that incident about Freds sending me a completed application form of a lady from Wales, ( posted on CAG ) bank details etc....Data Commission is looking into it...

Comment

Originally posted by still looking at the star View Post
                        Least you got an application form, Stuff the Banks, all I got was someone elses and then a letter saying they did not have to send me a CCA..... heeeeee Muppets told them in no uncertain terms ACCOUNT MOST DEFO IN DISPUTE... that was in October... those that may remember that incident about Freds sending me a completed application form of a lady from Wales, ( posted on CAG ) bank details etc....Data Commission is looking into it...
                        Good luck with this, the ICO though, have no formal power to do anything so really it is a waste of time. Usually if a lender sends someone elses info to you, you threaten them with going public unless they reduce/clear the debt etc - basically, you bribe them as they'll usually be keener than normal due to the embarassment of the bad publicity given their refusal to "pay you off"

Is bribery a bad thing? Morally, maybe

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                          Good luck with this, the ICO though, have no formal power to do anything so really it is a waste of time. Usually if a lender sends someone elses info to you, you threaten them with going public unless they reduce/clear the debt etc - basically, you bribe them as they'll usually be keener than normal due to the embarassment of the bad publicity given their refusal to "pay you off"

Is bribery a bad thing? Morally, maybe
                          My morals went out the window long ago.....

On my account...the latest is,no more letters within the last few days from Lowell's,still no sign of the SAR from Argos..the OC....
                          JUST GETTING PHONE CALLS FROM lOWLIFE EVRY DAY..

Now i know i could send in the letter of harrasement....but i dont really want to strike up any kind of communication with them..

For now i will just continue to ignore....but i guess there will come a point where i have to say hello to them....

Steve

Comment

See this --> Free Number to Issue Creditors - allaboutFORUMS

Comment

Hey guys,
                              Just read the very interesting thread about contacting or not contacting the DCA,if an unenforceable debt exists.
                              Great read...
                              Got me thinking, I now have this unenforceable debt sold on to Lowlife from Argos...
                              The CCA is pants as you guys have pointed out..
                              I still await the SAR as I updated recently.....
                              Now because I know the DCA could go to court,should i at least put them in the picture as to why I am not paying????
                              I don't have to mention the crappy CCA Argos sent me, i can keep that hidden away for now...but should I not at least reply in writing advising them that I have received no statement from Argos for over 3 years,and i have no up to date proof of payments I have made....Hence no SAR SENT AS REQUESTED OVER 40 DAYS AGO...
                              I suppose I could also mention that ppi was sold with the original agreement,and therefore I suspect reclaimable charges are present on the account....
                              What do you think????
                              Steve

Comment

No. You simply await the SAR.

Do you think the bank will tell you how they're going to beat you? No thus you do not tell them what your ace is either.

Lowell will drop this like a hot spud. Just sit tight and await SAR. You'll be fine.

Comment

Working...
                                X