GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Terrified of Ruthbridge - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Terrified of Ruthbridge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Terrified of Ruthbridge

Hi Mike,
    You'd need to pm the site team and ask them to change it.
    kind regards,
    Shepherdess

Comment

Thanks Shep,

Send Niddy a PM telling him you would like to chnge your user name and he will normally arrange it. I would be a little cautious about just returning correspondence to the sender if it is addressed to you. Keep the letter and the envelope it comes in suitably marked up with the date it actually came through the door.

A paper audit trail is essential if these cretins do not take no for an answer.

regards
      Garlok

Comment

Thanks Garlok

Comment

As every1 else has said at this present time just ignore it. I'm doin the same with a few silly little amounts owed to Eon (not even £100) where BCW are theatening me with court.

Glad i have a shredder (and Scanner)

Bear in mind that any post delivered to you can always be claimed as not recieved unless it has been sent via special recorded or courier.

So yeah big BIG Ignore
          I am an IT Professional with a Background in most Microsoft Based Technologies. Currently Proud to Work at one of the Leading UK Universities. I have that Mentality of "If I can provide Useful Input - then I will Try my best to do so"

Life is full of Ups and Downs. Shame it just aint simple.

Comment

Originally posted by reliant View Post
            How do i change my username on here ??
            You are now known as "reliant" as per your request.

Enjoy
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks Niddy.

Comment

Ive been reading around in preparation for my dealings with these people and think ive come up with a way of requesting the actual CCA other than by sending them a quid which they could (I suppose) cash against the alleged debt and say I had made a payment and thus acknowledged the debt.

What I am talking about is requesting the CCA again under the Civil Procedure rules if they mention that any legal action may be taken.

As I have already said I have the letter form the OC stating that they are unable to provide the agreement but it seems like a good way of not spending a pound.

Im probably way ahead of myself here as I still dont know what they want, who they are acting on behalf of or anything but I think its a good idea to be ready.

I have also found the original letter from MBNA saying " Regretably we have been unable to retrieve a copy of the original credit agreement which includes signatures as the law expressly permits lenders to omit signatures from copies of all credit agreements. However we have provided you with a copy of the executed agreement including terms and conditions". (They did sent me an application form to sign, which I threw away and an old copy of an application form that looked like it had been put together from old bits of photocopied rubbish).

How can this be ?? Surely there has to be some proof that an actual agreement was in place signed by both parties ???

Soon after this they sold it all to Intrum Justitia.
                Last edited by reliant; 27 November 2011, 18:25.

Comment

Ive been reading around in preparation for my dealings with these people and think ive come up with a way of requesting the actual CCA other than by sending them a quid which they could (I suppose) cash against the alleged debt and say I had made a payment and thus acknowledged the debt.
                  woah back peddle mate - send the template from here -> CCA Request -> and then that ensures it will be used as it was meant.

I guarantee you that if they add it to the debt, it will NOT bring it out of Statute (ie limitation act) so stop stressing about that - if they did such a stoopid thing we'd easily get it rectified all the while not admitting the debt.

Speak to member batman from here, he had the exact same thing whereby 1st Credit used his SAR £10 toward a debt, it didn't take them long to rectify the issue and reverse the transaction...

The OFT & ICO protect against such abuse of systems/processes.
                  I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

As I have already said I have the letter form the OC stating that they are unable to provide the agreement but it seems like a good way of not spending a pound.
                    again, I am confused here - why are you asking for a CCA if the creditor has already said they cannot find one? That's it, you win - all you do is send a photocopy of that letter with this template here: -> CCA Query - Letter Previously Confirming No CCA and they'll soon stop hassling you!

What exactly are you trying to do here? You realise when something becomes UE the creditor and DCA's CAN and WILL chase you for repayment, all UE does is stop them from enforcing it via the courts!

Comment

What I am talking about is requesting the CCA again under the Civil Procedure rules if they mention that any legal action may be taken.
                      Definitely not something I would suggest at this point - you're like 25 steps ahead of the actual current situation.

They'd be bonkers to try and enforce when they've admitted they do not have an agreement as part of Carey did state that the lender MUST have an original to base the recon off, ie it cannae just be created from thin air can it?

Back peddle, chill and see what happens. You will never (pre court) get admittance of unenforceability by a lender or DCA - they just don't do it. Only a court can make a debt irredeemably unenforceable, and they rarely do this

Comment

Understood. Thanks Niddy. The account tho isnt SB as a payment was made in 2008 according to the OC`s letter.

Comment

Lovely letters Niddy. Sorry , I suffer from clinical depression and panic attacks and Im letting it get to me. My wife is terminally ill and Im sort of at the end of my tether. I will take your good advice and try and relax and see what happens next.

Comment

Don't worry about this mate, we're behind you here and we won't sit back and let them take the piss - rest assured on that one. Best of luck.

Comment

PLEASE HELP ME SOMEONE

Two letters today from Ruthbridge one saying how Intrum Justitia has appointed Experto Credite as asset managers for the account including the outstanding balance which has gone from what is shown on the credit report as £6730 to £8472.99 !!!!

It goes on to say how Ruthbridge have been instructed by Experto Credite have appointed them to recover the debt and that if I dispute the amount I should contact them immediately.

It then says that depending on my financial status provision may be considered by way of an "attractive settlement option" which could reduce the the sum due or that they may consider instalments but that option would only be considered against the full outstanding balance.

How can this have gone up so much. What do I do ??

The second letter says again that Ruthbridge have been instructed by Experto Credite and that I should contact Ruthbridge and not Experto Credite.

It then says If I do not respond they may recommend that their client applys for a county court judgement whicj may result in a County Court Judgement which will add costs to the debt and that further action could also ensue which could mean a baliff entering the house and seizing goods for auction.

They also say an application can be made to the court for an attachment of earnings or a charging order made aginst my home.

How has this increased so much ? Im sick with worry again and the only way out I can see is to give in to them. Please please help me I cant face this The credit report I got is only a couple of days old, where have they got this amount from ??

For Gods sake help someone Im literally being sick Im so worried.

Comment

The first letter is from Yvonne Richards and the second from Marcus Graeme. What is going on ?? They say that if I have previously informed Intrum Justitia that the sum due is disputed to tell them "urgently" if I still maintain this position.

I cant think straight, panicking so much help me Niddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X