GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script cabot and recon agreements - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

cabot and recon agreements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: cabot and recon agreements

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
    anyone want to buy a consumer debt related forum for £1? PM me if interested, I need a break!
    Is that a CCA request for AAD?
    "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltnVinegar View Post
      Is that a CCA request for AAD?
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

LOL I wonder if we would find AAD
        "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

* anyone want to buy a consumer debt related forum for £1? PM me if interested, I need a break!

** Insert wrist/knife/blood smiley here **

OK point taken. But please don't kill youself because that would be really selfish and indeed upsetting

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
            OK point taken. But please don't kill youself because that would be really selfish and indeed upsetting
            Ooomph the sarcasm is on top form tonight - keep it up guys!
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Or just a load of T&Cs?
              Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

I've dealt with a long string of creditors and DCAs and in recent times, have used CPUTR to see them and their solicitors off. I'm now on my last one.... then I am DEBT FREEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

Question is: Why do some people not like the CPUTR route? I have no desire to take action as an individual (via the OFT or otherwise), so this is not a concern for me.... I just want them to p*ss off and to date, they all have.

Do people not like it because they want the OFT to take action re. individual cases?

I am just curious....

Thanks guys....
                Remember the mantra:
                NEVER communicate by 'phone.

Send EVERYTHING by Recorded/Special Delivery
                Keep a copy of EVERYTHING sent
                Keep hold of EVERYTHING received

PriorityOne & CPUTR 2008 (ex P1 CAG CPUTR 2008)

Comment

Originally posted by PriorityOne View Post
                  I've dealt with a long string of creditors and DCAs and in recent times, have used CPUTR to see them and their solicitors off. I'm now on my last one.... then I am DEBT FREEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

Question is: Why do some people not like the CPUTR route? I have no desire to take action as an individual (via the OFT or otherwise), so this is not a concern for me.... I just want them to p*ss off and to date, they all have.

Do people not like it because they want the OFT to take action re. individual cases?

I am just curious....

Thanks guys....
                  Weve taken 16 new instructions this week, 12 have used CPUTR and have had claim forms issued.

It cannot be raised in the Defence, as a breach is for Trading standards to enforce.

The judiciary view such letters as simply a technical attempt to avoid a debt.

Personally i cannot see the utility in a letter that has no legal effect, if the creditor declines to answer such a letter he can still sue, and often does,

Comment

Originally posted by Paul. View Post
                    Weve taken 16 new instructions this week, 12 have used CPUTR and have had claim forms issued.

It cannot be raised in the Defence, as a breach is for Trading standards to enforce.

The judiciary view such letters as simply a technical attempt to avoid a debt.

Personally i cannot see the utility in a letter that has no legal effect, if the creditor declines to answer such a letter he can still sue, and often does,
                    Ok.... yes, I understand that claims can still be issued. In my own cases though, this hasn't happened. It seems to have cornered them into providing written confirmation that there is no paperwork or... they have just attempted to side-step the issue as part of a formal complaint from me. When they have side-stepped the issue, I have dragged them back to it with a short, sharp reply..... and they've dropped it each time.

I s'pose it depends on the amount of pre-court arguing a person does.... and how deep the hole each DCA digs in response as to how things pan out. I tend to argue a lot.... so their holes tend to be deep.

It has worked for me as a good pre-court spanking tool anyway.... hence the question.

Thanks for your input...
                    Last edited by PriorityOne; 16 November 2011, 22:01.
                    Remember the mantra:

Comment

Paul,

Just a query. Can see your POV, and can see why it causes problems / obstacles.

Could P1's letter be reworded not to mention CPUTR?

Sort of,
                      "You have avoided providing me with an original CCA in line with my previous requests, citing you have complied with Sec77/78. Could you please confirm, as a simple yes or no, if you hold a copy of my original agreement. I am quite happy to invoke my right to a SAR and request ALL information, but as I am sure you will appreciate, this would involve alot more time and expense on your part."

Sort of makes the same point.

Comment

Originally posted by oscar View Post
                        Paul,

Just a query. Can see your POV, and can see why it causes problems / obstacles.

Could P1's letter be reworded not to mention CPUTR?

Sort of,
                        "You have avoided providing me with an original CCA in line with my previous requests, citing you have complied with Sec77/78. Could you please confirm, as a simple yes or no, if you hold a copy of my original agreement. I am quite happy to invoke my right to a SAR and request ALL information, but as I am sure you will appreciate, this would involve alot more time and expense on your part."

Sort of makes the same point.
                        I can't see what that will achieve, to be honest.

I use the letter as a pre-court tool only. If I was ever issued with court papers, then the whole game plan would need to change anyway.

Having said that, I now have a long, long paper trail on this last account which started with a CCA request and the usual letter tennis and then a request under CPUTR to DCA no. 1.

I am now on DCA no. 4.... and one firm of sols. has already dropped it without issuing papers at all.
                        Remember the mantra:

Comment

There is no obligation to provide a copy of the original agreement until legal action commences and even then it depends on each case

Thats the problem

Comment

Originally posted by Paul. View Post
                            There is no obligation to provide a copy of the original agreement until legal action commences and even then it depends on each case

Thats the problem
                            At that stage, it would fall under CPR anyway, I agree.

If things are not challenged from the outset, then it becomes too late for pre-court tools.
                            Remember the mantra:

Comment

Hi Guys,

On reflection, I think perhaps we should modify the suggested templates anyway to remove the threat of legal action. Its not something that should be undertaken lightly anyway, litigating as the "claimant" shall we say. However, under these letters bringing forward the CPUTR2008 we are not asking for a copy of any documentation at all, all the writer is asking for is a declaration that the creditor either does hold or does not hold fully compliant documetation to substantiate what they are alleging against you. The regulations in conjunction with the Enterprise Act use the word "indictment" which at the least implies a criminal offence to mislead in the response.

Hence if they say yes they do hold such then it is not impossible or difficult for them to supply the said copy when a s78 request for information is made in the normal way to them. The other side of the coin is that should they say no they do not have such documentation, then issue proceedings and they produce a document in court, then they have to all intents and purposes admitted an offence (possibly criminal) provided for in the regulations. I only see it as a way of furthering the evidence trail.

I have also discovered very recently that a school of thought now exists amongst several professionals that they are working towards making pre April 2007 agreements and s61/s127 arguments a thing of the past. These are people who purport to be on our side as well to boot. So in my view any evidenc ethat can be gatherd in whatever way is good evidence.

Just a few thoughts.

regards
                              Garlok

Comment

Originally posted by garlok View Post
                                Hi Guys,

On reflection, I think perhaps we should modify the suggested templates anyway to remove the threat of legal action. Its not something that should be undertaken lightly anyway, litigating as the "claimant" shall we say. However, under these letters bringing forward the CPUTR2008 we are not asking for a copy of any documentation at all, all the writer is asking for is a declaration that the creditor either does hold or does not hold fully compliant documetation to substantiate what they are alleging against you. The regulations in conjunction with the Enterprise Act use the word "indictment" which at the least implies a criminal offence to mislead in the response.

Hence if they say yes they do hold such then it is not impossible or difficult for them to supply the said copy when a s78 request for information is made in the normal way to them. The other side of the coin is that should they say no they do not have such documentation, then issue proceedings and they produce a document in court, then they have to all intents and purposes admitted an offence (possibly criminal) provided for in the regulations. I only see it as a way of furthering the evidence trail.

I have also discovered very recently that a school of thought now exists amongst several professionals that they are working towards making pre April 2007 agreements and s61/s127 arguments a thing of the past. These are people who purport to be on our side as well to boot. So in my view any evidenc ethat can be gatherd in whatever way is good evidence.

Just a few thoughts.

regards
                                Garlok
                                Personally, I would not opt for litigating as a Claimant anyway.... I don't need the stress.... and yes, CPUTR is used to request confirmation; not the actual docs. themselves.
                                Remember the mantra:

Comment

Working...
                                X