GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script cabot and recon agreements - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

cabot and recon agreements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: cabot and recon agreements

I think it was more the evidence that caused them to call it a day in this case. Cabot are no fools when it comes to fighting with us, we took a fair amount of costs off them last year and they know that we are good at what we do and if we win it costs them a ton

Comment

Originally posted by Paul. View Post
      I think it was more the evidence that caused them to call it a day in this case. Cabot are no fools when it comes to fighting with us, we took a fair amount of costs off them last year and they know that we are good at what we do and if we win it costs them a ton
      hi Paul I know it is my case ........... but can you explain which part of the evidence caused the back off because they called off instantly that you were involved

Onlyme

Comment

Re: cabot

all the best
        minnack
        Last edited by MINNACK; 4 February 2012, 21:50.

Comment

Originally posted by ohitsonlyme View Post
          hi Paul I know it is my case ........... but can you explain which part of the evidence caused the back off because they called off instantly that you were involved

Onlyme
          id say that its likely that there were no records available to show that there "was" an agreement signed you you which complied with the 1974 Act and im guessing that they were not able to show a default notice was served on the balance of probabilities.

Thats where i think they took a business decision and decided it was a bad case to play with

Its the 4th or 5th one in the last month with a Citi Card too

Comment

Watching with interest as I have an old Citi card which has been sold to Cabot...........
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by in 2 deep View Post
              Watching with interest as I have an old Citi card which has been sold to Cabot...........
              Yes Cabot have 1 of mine now.

Comment

Originally posted by helmsman View Post
                Yes Cabot have 1 of mine now.
                And Cabot bought my Citi card too. They wrote in 2010 to say they had not been able to obtain "the requested documents" from Citi's archives. Still looking over a year later I presume

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
                  And Cabot bought my Citi card too. They wrote in 2010 to say they had not been able to obtain "the requested documents" from Citi's archives. Still looking over a year later I presume
                  Hi,
                  Yes we have Cabot looking for my wifes cca since 2010 not heard a word since Oct 2010, so I suppose they have only bought mine so they are just trying to get me first.

Comment

....And mine.

I have a letter from Citi stating they can't locate the agreement and the account is u/e until such time as they do. They've been looking for over a year now bless 'em.........
                    -----------------------------------------------

Happiness, is screwing over a DCA.......

Comment

I also have my old Peoples card - then Citi card - who then sold their UK business to Opus, and now sold to Cabot who are chasing settlement, following my account sold while in dispute letter pending my CCA request, they said the T&C they supplied was sufficient, and therefore the account was enforcable, I again disputed it, and the last letter I received was to inform me they had requested my signed agreement from Opus.

I will be most suprised if they can produce it, because Citi could never come up with it from when I first made my CCA request back in May 2010 to the time they sold the account to Opus.

Comment

And I thought it was only mine they couldnt find ---Poor Poor Cabot/Citi

2 years to go before statute barred and now looking even better.

Does anyone know where Cabot go with these when the agreement isnt available I want to keep one step ahead of them.

Priority one suggests using a cputr and asking if they have the agreement or not is it worth the effort of sending the letter???

onlyme

Comment

And I thought it was only mine they couldnt find ---Poor Poor Cabot/Citi

2 years to go before statute barred and now looking even better.

Does anyone know where Cabot go with these when the agreement isnt available I want to keep one step ahead of them.

Priority one suggests using a cputr and asking if they have the agreement or not is it worth the effort of sending the letter???

onlyme
                          ..Best just to keep your head down......
                          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Stop stressing over crabbot - they may think they are top-dog, but really we have the top-dog here..... goes by the name of Paul (and boy he loves kicking their arses)!

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Niddy I am not stressing I know Paul from other sites.
                              I am lining up ducks ready to shoot em.

I find this site far more robust in its approach to the DCAs and banks
                              Before all this recession started I thought I was well off and thanks to you guys I intend to get back there.
                              Donation on the way
                              Onlyme

Comment

I find this site far more robust in its approach to the DCAs and banks
                                That's why we exist, simply to allow you guys the chance to take the fight back to the creditor using their own flaws to beat them....

Cabot etc can try and issue us with a claim (ie CAG) - it'll fall on deaf ears, we will never allow a DCA to post nor will we allow them to dictate to us - what we say is 100% factual and their icon ( ) is also quite true, of how we feel about them
                                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                                X