GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Credit Card Debt Help Please - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Credit Card Debt Help Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Credit Card Debt Help Please

Hmmm, still no final response then! Just wait and see what they come back with next!
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hey Niddy. Long time no post ehhh.
      Well here is an update as I just has a scumbag call at my door from Nationwide apparently. I told him he has not made an appointment and he must make one in writing. He asked for my phone number and again I told him it must be in writing and asked him to leave. I then shut the door and walked away.
      Anyway I have just been ignoring all these letters from DCA's.
      I have had 3 letters from Wescot Credit Services with the usual threats, 2 letters from Nelson Guest & Partner Solicitors on behalf of Wescot and the more recent ones are from a company called Credit Security Limited which I have received 3 letters as well. I have attached the last letter I got from them.

As for the Barclaycard account I have had a few letters from MKRR (Milton Keynes Rapid Recoveries) and the most recent from Raven Recoveries.

Thanks for your time mate
      Attached Files

Comment

Send this to CSL > Harassment & Threat of Doorstep-Visit
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hmmm. CSL will usually go away quite quickly if challenged, however dodgy wording on the settlement figure and I would be careful if they start if they start reducing further as the wording is critical. The lower they go the bigger the "outstanding" balances. I would suggest that you are a fair way off doing anyhting like this yet.

regards
          Garlok

Comment

Thanks guys. I will send this tomorrow.
            I don't hurry or stress myself with these parasites any more. Banks are the scum of the earth and cause every problem on it.

Comment

Hello again folks! Back again with an updates of my accounts and some more people hassling me lol.

Barclaycard Account:

Last contact in writing from Raven Recoveries 12/2011. I think I get the odd phone call from them or MKRR according to whocallsme.com or similar sites.

Nationwide account:

From my prevoius post I sent the advised template letter and received a response from Credit Security dated 11/2011 stating that they are no longer instructed in this matter and I should forward all communications to Wescott Credit Services.
              Nationwide then sent me a letter dated 03/2013 stating that my account has been legally assigned to Aktiv Kapital Portfolio AS and all communications and payments must be addressed to them.
              I have received 6 letters from Aktiv Kapital dating from 03/2013 to 06/2013. The first 3 letters stating that they are there to help me pay the debt etc. Then 2 threatening with doorstep and litigation and the final letter with a 35% reduction on the debt payable by £20 a month.
              Activ were also extremley active with phone calls.

I have now received 8 letters from Tempus Solutions dated 07/2013 to 01/2014. The first few letters threatening doorstep collection, litigation and full investigaion into my personal circumstances and ability to pay etc. One letter offering a 50% reduction on the balance. The last letter recommending that my account be passed onto BCW (Buchanan Clark and Wells I assume?) whislt offering another discount before that action.
              Tempus were also extremely active on the phone. 3 times a day most of the time.

I have not responded to any of the Aktiv Kapital or Tempus Solutions letters nor answered any phone calls.

I am now receiving phone calls from BCW and the number shows as a local number. I read on other forums that using a local number is a fear tactic they use. I have not received any written communication from BCW.

The phone calls are the most annoying part and I am guessing the best thing to do is change my phone number.
              So the question is should I send the DCA's anything?

BTW I see things have changed a lot in here and it's looking great!!
              Last edited by WicKeD; 21 February 2014, 17:13.

Comment

I have now received a formal demand for BCW asking for me to call them etc.

Am I right in thinking that I should be sending them a Sold whilst in Dispute letter?

Comment

when you say a formal demand what exactly does it say?

you would be better sending a sold in dispute each time it's moved on, then they can be under no doubts that it is in dispute

Comment

Thanks for the reply MrsD. The letter says:

FORMAL DEMAND

We have been instructed by Aktiv Kapital Uk Limited to recover an overdue debt in the sum of £xxxx on their behalf.

Our client has informed us that they are unaware of any legitmate reason for non payment of your account.

Whilst our client would still prefer to settle this matter amicably, failure to contact us to discuss your account and arrange a suitable repayment plan could result in us recommending that our client consider possibile legal action.

You can still prevent the above action being taken by contacting us immediately, to discuss a solution which will take account of your current financial circumstances. You can contact our 24 hour payment lines on xxxxxxxxxxxxx to make payment by credit or debit card. Payment is also accepted online at paybconline.com

Comment

I would send SWID. The words "formal demand" and mentioning legal action are attempts to scare you into phoning them.
                      Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Yeah thats what I was thinking. Do you have a link for the template?

Comment

Here you are Account Sold Whilst in Dispute
                          Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Originally posted by WicKeD View Post
                            Yeah thats what I was thinking. Do you have a link for the template?
                            --> http://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/old/...lst-in-dispute

Or wait till Monday as the new site will be live this weekend, with all new & improved templates
                            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Monday sounds good. Thanks all and Hey again Nid!!

Comment

Hey all.
                                Just a quick question. Its been 6 years since I defaulted on a Nationwide credit card account and it has now dropped off my credit file. I have a Nationwide current account that I have not used since I started disputing the credit card account.
                                I requested a new card for this account in the summer and they sent one out. The account still shows when I log into my internet banking portal on Nationwide's site. The credit card account does not show and hasn't for about 5 years. The current account shows a status of inactive on checkmyfile.com.

My question is, Can or should I still use this current account? With the account being tagged inactive can I just make a deposit to activate it again?

Comment

Working...
                                X