X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Immoral?

Originally posted by MattyA View Post
    They are feckers....but so are :
    Barclaycard,Amex,RBS,BOS,HSBC in my experience at least.
    Why not list them all mate, from A-Z

They are all, after all, as bad as each other in some way or another!
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Its scary nanna58. We actually did it and worked it out for a the period of ten years we had statements for of the 25 we had the cards. As I said in post 5 it was in fact over five times the purchase transactions and cash withdrawals we had made.

Their greed does not stop there either. Business using "merchant services" (i.e. cards) are furthere charged a transaction fee for each and every one, plus a commission on the value of the sale, plus if you are mobile (as at exhibitions), two mobile telephone call charges for each, plus a monthly rental on the machine. On top of this if you are in any way in dispute/complaint with the bank concerned they divert any "merchant services" monies coming in directly to the disputed area, REGARDLESS of any legitimacy of the complaint/dispute.

B*****DS

And then, to boot complain about OUR integrity and morality.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!

regards
      Garlok

Comment

Barrabas ran a credit card company. (John 18:40)

Comment

Why not list them all mate, from A-Z

They are all, after all, as bad as each other in some way or another!
          Indeed they are, however this is all we can expect for a service that in many ways is self regulated because the FSA is as much use as a wet fish.

Look at this PPI scam even after an excellent ruling the banks are still dragging there feet in search of a way out and what do the FSA give them extra time when they should be giving out fines.
          Last edited by pompeyfaith; 18 July 2011, 08:49.

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
            Indeed they are, however this is all we can expect for a service that in many ways is self regulated because the FSA is as much use as a wet fish.
            No, it isn't. One can cook and eat a fish.

Look at this PPI scam even after an excellent ruling the banks are still dragging there feet in search of a way out and what do the FSA give them extra time when they should be giving out fines.
            They have clearly reverted to being the Fundamentally Supine Authority.

Comment

what is really immoral is getting into difficulties, trying to fix it, they up the interest rates until you start to squeak, you default, they pester you with lies and threats, then they take you to court, get a CCA, get a charging order and lo and behold your UNSECURED debt has turned into SECURED debt and your home is at risk. So if this is civil law, why are debtors punished like this? and why hasn't anyone said OK, you've turned that debt into secured which I would have paid a much lower rate of interest on if I had taken it out as secured initially, can I have a refund???? and why are sheriffs and judges just rolling over for the banks????
              Last edited by MrsD; 18 July 2011, 09:35.

Comment

Just look at the phone hacking scandal ELD. that tells you an awful lot about the stinking cesspit of corruption that this countries so called elite have sunk into.

regards
                Garlok

Comment

agreed Garlok, it stinks and looks as if its going all the way to the top, hands up who is surprised!

Comment

Burn the bloody whole lot down........

Anarchy - yea baby! Yea!
                    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Changing my name by deed poll to a Mr G. Fawkes. I have plans to make for November, so may not be on the forums so much!

Comment

Originally posted by caspar View Post
                        Changing my name by deed poll to a Mr G. Fawkes. I have plans to make for November, so may not be on the forums so much!

Ok, I'll come visit you in Tower Bridge unless you accidentally burn that down as well mate

Comment

Anyone see Ed Miliband's speach this morning, I thought he hit the nail on the head in that this does do a lot deeper within business and banking.

And look at Fake Britain and other such programmes this country is hell bent on power and coruption it is like a virus and exists in every business.

Regards
                          Last edited by pompeyfaith; 18 July 2011, 12:38.

Comment

Oh no what have I started

I am very happy with my decisions, b*****ks to 'em all!!
                            Some days you're the pigeon, some days you're the statue. I currently spend too many days as the statue......but thanks to this site not as many as I used to!

sigpic

Comment

FWIW, the consumer credit agreement is there to protect the consumer.

If the financial institutions followed it instead of making credit agreements "masked" to hide the true cost of credit, maybe we wouldn't be in the mess we are.

The only people suffering are us folks at the bottom of the financial food chain, the bankers (even the ones owned by the taxpayer) are still taking away their big bonuses whilst us mere mortals have all our bonuses and wage rises suspended.

IMO, UE is a way for us to

Bankers, more like
                              Nemo me impune lacessit

Comment

The problem is though that the CCA does not protect the consumer as it should because soon as it hits the court common law is thrown into the mix.

Now we all know that statute law overceeds common law, however most judges will go the common law route so you end up trawling through piles and piles of case law to build you defence.
                                Last edited by pompeyfaith; 6 August 2011, 16:31.

Comment

Working...
                                X