GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Telephone Harassment, Carey, Kotecha, Harrison et al - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Telephone Harassment, Carey, Kotecha, Harrison et al

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Telephone Harassment, Carey, Kotecha, Harrison et al

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
    Have a word with Caspar - Truecall seems to be good - I hate it, but he uses it and it worked when I rung him the other day - weird! lol
    I wouldn't call TrueCall cheap, but I find it extremely good. It allows you to put in friends and family as "starred" so they get straight through, "zap" people you don't want to speak to and choose just how rude the message is (your phone never even rings), or finally to set up options whereby they go through a simple menu, say their name after what is called the whisper, they are put on hold, your phone rings and you press 1 to accept them, 2 to send them to the answering machine or 3 to zap them. At any stage during a call you can add them to any list for the future.

It's then simply a case of putting the card into a card reader (supplied), put it in a USB port and up come all your calls. You then choose which you want to keep and which you want to delete.

It's very easy but costs around £100. Don't fall for the offer on CAG as you can do better buying the unit and card separately yourself rather than lining their pockets!

Have to say, IMO one of the best £100 I've ever spent. We get no unwanted calls at all, and that was achieved within less than a fortnight. Too many other clever settings to go through, but you get the idea - don't listen to Niddy lol! It's really good.

Alternatively, and this pays you for recording your calls (seriously, I'm not joking) pm the Debt Star. He uses something that records his calls using a special number AND he gets paid for them to do so - not loads, but it really is something for nought - he's been using it for ages.
    Last edited by caspar; 17 June 2011, 21:30.

Comment

Silver, agreed.

When we remove templates from here to the site (to drive traffic to our website) then the whole format will be different. The reason I've let the templates go is cos it's a tedious task and I knew I had to work on them when we do the site so was planning on doubling up.

Each template itself will have a facility to check for date last updated - it'll all be database driven once I've finished - next week

Watch this space - they'll be top drawer with loads of changes and a few newbies... Remember they are primarily ue related
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Remember on forums we use restricted bb code. On the site we use true HTML so we can add all the fancy bits which we can't do on the forum.

It's too risky to allow HTML on vB - they can hack it so not worth the risk....
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

In response to your original question pompey, Have you looked in the front of your telephone directory. There are a number of facilities which BT can put in place at "their"end which may be of help. I have heard that a cominbination of these services can achieve the same thing. Plus, nothing to do with the debt issues some years ago I was a key witness in a fraud investigation and we started to get some pretty wierd calls shall we say. BT intercepted every call, politely asked what business the caller had with us, if their number was not on a lsit we had provided then they were cut off and their number logged and reported.

To be honest we just toughed it out with all of them (16DCAs and 3 Sols practices so far), refused to go through security, insisted everything writing only. Then just logged time/date of call, who was called me or OH brief explanation. The worst ones I started to sport with them. it was their call and it costs them money LOL!

regards
          Garlok

Comment

Garlok,

Thanks for that, although I am not with BT so would the same apply to Sky?

Regards

Comment

Sky use BT line don't they? I was gonna switch to Sky from BT but for Sky i'd only get Connect package which is almost DOUBLE I pay BT for having the fastest package - Sky are rip-off merchants at times. Yea the freebie is good butcome on, nobody would be doopid enuff to pay £40 p/m for a dial up at 4mbps when i'm currently on 20mbps and pay £50p/m with all my calls etc included!

Bad Sky!

Comment

Hi pompey,

I would have a look at the Sky T & Cs thingy. As Niddy is correct in that BT lines are in use in most areas by the other providers, hence those services would be available technically. However in your neck of the woods are not the "private" providers on fibre optic cable networks which were originally installed by Nynex? Certainly when we lived in the vicinity we had our drive dug up for it.

We stuck to BT and I have no knowledge of what the other providers do when they have their own hardware in place.

regards
                Garlok

Comment

Well I already had sky TV so upgraded to HD and got £100 of M&S Vouchers the next day a letter came from BT informing me of further price increase so I rejected it as my bills of £200 every quarter was more than enough I thought

Sky gave me free broadband unlimited for 3 mths and half price line rental plus I negotiated a free Sky+ wireless box out of them.

My phone bill is now £17 a mth x 3 = £51

Comment

I do have a fibre optic install as I was with NTL before BT now is virgin

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                      Sky use BT line don't they? I was gonna switch to Sky from BT but for Sky i'd only get Connect package which is almost DOUBLE I pay BT for having the fastest package - Sky are rip-off merchants at times.
                      IFYPFY.

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                        IFYPFY.
                        Did you see this - duly accredited as well

---> Best ever Template Letters - allaboutFORUMS

Comment

Originally posted by Miss Molly View Post
                          I would always recommend communicating in writing. I have developed a phobia in respect of the telephone thanks to DCAs calling for OH.
                          What do you tell the oiks?

Comment

: Thank you, CC x

Comment

Working...
                            X