GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Credit Card Debts...Advice Please - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Credit Card Debts...Advice Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Credit Card Debts...Advice Please

Originally posted by Susiebling365 View Post

Also Niddy is of the opinion the Co op debt is enforceable although it was a terrible copy, I struggled trying to make that readable for him. I did wonder to ask for a better copy ? I will have to read more to see how people handle the enforceable ones, but I think she is going to go for not paying any of them and getting control back ... they are so old .....

I think most of us have treat them as UE and sent whatever UE letters are appropriate to what we've been sent from the OC or DCA. Of course, if they send serious threats regarding court action, then a re-think might be needed.

Personally, I think she's doing the right thing by not paying any of them and getting control back. It's a wonderful feeling when you realise that you're in control and not them...as you know!
    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

although it was a terrible copy, I struggled trying to make that readable for him. I did wonder to ask for a better copy ?
      I wouldn't ask for a better copy in case they actually produce one

Di

Comment

Definitely agree PlanB!! How did I miss that? (my excuse is that I'm poorly with the winter lurgy)

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
          I wouldn't ask for a better copy in case they actually produce one

Di
          Exactly. Funny thing is, ordinarily they rarely get it right. On the occasion they do, it'll be something like this which is very expensive to the debtor!
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Did your daughter have PPI on any of these accounts?

She may not remember if they date back to the 1990s, and sometimes it was added without you asking for it.

At some point a SAR to all three creditors will give an insight into anything they may have done wrong in the past.

Di

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
              Did your daughter have PPI on any of these accounts?

She may not remember if they date back to the 1990s, and sometimes it was added without you asking for it.

At some point a SAR to all three creditors will give an insight into anything they may have done wrong in the past.

Di
              Thanks for that Plan B seems like a plan, I m doing this with her beside me lol... we ve had to go to the divorce settlement past couple of days, sometimes feel I have my own AAD here with daughters , and partner lol.. keeps me active. We are waiting on the Lloyds one at the moment that name I do not like. The position at the moment is Cahoot has been stopped and she is going to try to put all if not some of it to one side, Co op , not so brave as yet , not sure what happens with the enforceable agreements... will decide when we have the Lloyds reply.

One question though, there is a £100 "overdraft " balance on the cahoot current account ( it was attached to the CC) originally they said something weird about it being in credit attached to the opening of the account. She cannot close the account, as she has asked but its not being used. There seems to be no interest being added either? What do you think she should do about this, if anything. So strange?

Thank you all for your responses, xx
              If you are using a shovel to dig yourself into a hole, a credit card company will be happy to give you a JCB !!

Comment

Lloyds Credit card

Started 1998 .. give or take a month
                Balance Jan 2107 £3382.05

Payments regular but only minimum or few pounds more
                January 26th sent CCA request and waiting for reply
                February 2017 Decided to stop the DD

My daughter has decided to join you guys, and has stopped all the DD. She realised that she is going round in circles , the divorce meant she borrowed from friends and family and its time to call a halt to it all. She has more than paid the capital, and reading around on here feels its ok, confident she is doing the right thing as she has been under the Dr, and other such remedies, . Anyway, feeling more in control, putting money away, for the end of the divorce and paying other more worthy debts.

Just waiting on Lloyds...
                Last edited by Susiebling365; 8 February 2017, 12:19. Reason: update
                If you are using a shovel to dig yourself into a hole, a credit card company will be happy to give you a JCB !!

Comment

Here again!! Its 16 days now that we sent the CCA request and heard not a sausage. Is that known/normal, to not even have an acknowledgement. ? Can we presume its unenforceable as like the Cahoot one.?

I sent it with proof of sending etc

So do we just wait now to see what they all write back. ? I would like to get my brain around this so I can help my daughter along her decision to stop paying them.

Although I do think when they start pestering we will send for SAR like PB suggested.

My daughter took a while to decide but now she has taken the plunge, says she feels lighter... like she is taking charge of her life. So looks like we will be sticking around.

Thanks again xx
                  Last edited by Susiebling365; 11 February 2017, 12:40. Reason: updated the question asked

Comment

Here again!! Its 16 days now that we sent the CCA request and heard not a sausage. Is that known/normal, to not even have an acknowledgement. ? Can we presume its unenforceable as like the Cahoot one.?

So do we just wait now to see what they all write back. ? I would like to get my brain around this so I can help my daughter along her decision to stop paying them.

Although I do think when they start pestering we will send for SAR like PB suggested.

My daughter took a while to decide but now she has taken the plunge, says she feels lighter... like she is taking charge of her life. So looks like we will be sticking around.

Thanks again xx
                    16 days. well thats past the given time. yep just play the waiting game susiebling365 they cant enforce until they supply you with the requested docs. and those docs would have to be cosha for them to do that. dont stir them up. just let things take there own sweet time. Time is your freind. take care

Comment

Thanks again xx

It's perfectly normal susiebling. As stuckinarut says, they can't take any enforcement action while they're in default of a cca request.

I'm pleased your daughter feels lighter. She IS taking charge of her life and not letting OCs and DCAs boss her around. It's a great feeling to no longer be scared of them x

Comment

Thank you Stuckinarut and Pixie, just needed reassurance so that I can pass that onto my daughter. She is feeling better thanks now she has control more, A lot to get through yet but thats what mum s are for eh?

I did think that I should put the 3 CC into diary section as thats so easy to follow. Not sure if I m in the right place here. ?

So sit back and wait ......

Comment

Reassurence from me too, well done to your daughter it take guts. Just sit back relax drink wine xx
                          if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

Comment

Thank you Stuckinarut and Pixie, just needed reassurance so that I can pass that onto my daughter. She is feeling better thanks now she has control more, A lot to get through yet but thats what mum s are for eh?
                            It is susie but in my daughter decided to go for F&F settlements instead which she did with the help of AAD of course! I finally persuaded my Dad to take the UE route a few months ago though he only has one CC.

I did think that I should put the 3 CC into diary section as thats so easy to follow. Not sure if I m in the right place here. ?

So sit back and wait ......
                            I think I'd start a diary now that your DD has decided to go for UE. I'm sure you already know this but when you start a diary can you make a separate post for each debt and give the following information

• Type of account (credit card/loan)
                            • Date commenced (ideally before Apr 2007)
                            • Approx balance
                            • Date last paid (approximate date you last made a FULL payment)
                            • Are you on arrangement or not paying
                            • Status (default/in arrears/up-to-date)
                            • Account owner (who is writing to you, a DCA or the lender)

Comment

Working...
                            X