GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Sale of Debt - CCJ - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sale of Debt - CCJ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, Thanks for the template; should i send this to Engage or Mortimer Clarke or both?
    The template states i will only communicate in writing; however i guess the doorstep visit is being threatened due to me ignoring all correspondence to date since the sale from the claimant.
    Should i send anything else like a prove it template to the current owner ?
    Many Thanks
    KKA

Comment

Timewilltell
      Thank you for your post; i must admit i agree; the CCJ was issued well before i had found this website unfortunately otherwise i would have attempted to defend the claim; i can remember writing to the claimant back in 2013 expressing my concern that issuing a CCJ against me was unnecessary as they were getting a monthly payment of £115 which was all i could afford at the time.
      The additional court costs were then added to the debt; Looking back it was totally wrong.
      KKA

Comment

Hi Guys
        I sent the doorstep/harassment letter template via email; however today a generated response as follows....should i/do i need to provide this information?

Thank you for your recent email.

We treat our customer data very seriously. It is important that your data is kept secure and does not become known to someone else. If this is a shared mailbox, is not your personal email account, or, you do not wish to have your details disclosed by email, please notify us and we will use an alternative contact method.

To enable us to provide information or respond to your enquiry via email, we would just like you to confirm a couple of things for your security, so that we can ensure we are corresponding with the correct person.
        1. Are you the only person who has access to this email account?
        2. Full name
        3. Date of birth
        4. Full address, including postal code
        5. Prior address if applicable
        6. Home, work or mobile telephone number (optional)
        7. Reference number
        Before responding to this email, we must stress that by completing the details above, you consent for us to use this email address for future communication. This communication may contain information that is personal to you.

Alternatively, you can register online via our website at www.MyMortimerClarke.co.uk. Once registered your email address will be verified and we will be able to review and respond to your correspondence.

When communicating by email, please remember that it may not be fully secure. We would urge you to consider the personal information that you include, and we will do the same. If at any time you no longer wish for your personal information to be communicated by email, or you no longer have access to the mailbox provided, please notify us immediately.

We look forward to hearing from you shortly.

Comment

Send the doorstep/harassment letter template by SNAIL MAIL (POSTAGE STAMP AND POST AT THE POST OFFICE AND ASK FOR PROOF OF POSTAGE FROM POST OFFICE!)

Mark Emails from this source SPAM.

Every thing in writing and by POST (that's AAD's way)

Obviously the last thing you want to do is admit a debt!! and restart the statute Bar clock!

Hence NO emails; NO sms; NO phone calls; NO personal visits;
          EVERYTHING FROM NOW ON BY POST AND IN WRITING.

If they turn up on your doorstep give them a copy of your doorstep/harassment letter (no need to say anything!!)

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post
            Send the doorstep/harassment letter template by SNAIL MAIL (POSTAGE STAMP AND POST AT THE POST OFFICE AND ASK FOR PROOF OF POSTAGE FROM POST OFFICE!)

Mark Emails from this source SPAM.

Every thing in writing and by POST (that's AAD's way)

Obviously the last thing you want to do is admit a debt!! and restart the statute Bar clock!

Hence NO emails; NO sms; NO phone calls; NO personal visits;
            EVERYTHING FROM NOW ON BY POST AND IN WRITING.

If they turn up on your doorstep give them a copy of your doorstep/harassment letter (no need to say anything!!)

^ ^ ^ I agree with every word you've just posted

Di

Comment

Hi guys, thanks for the response.
              I specifically stated in the email i did not acknowledged the debt and had no record of the CCJ they are referring to.
              However...
              Hand delivered letter through the door last night from engage. Asking to get in touch with Mortimer Clarke in the next 7 days.
              i will send a hard copy via recorded delivery; should i send this to Engage or Mortimer Clarke of both?
              Thanks for the help.
              KKA

Comment

Originally posted by KKA View Post
                Hi guys, thanks for the response.
                I specifically stated in the email i did not acknowledged the debt and had no record of the CCJ they are referring to.
                However...
                Hand delivered letter through the door last night from engage. Asking to get in touch with Mortimer Clarke in the next 7 days.
                i will send a hard copy via recorded delivery; should i send this to Engage or Mortimer Clarke of both?
                Thanks for the help.
                KKA
                Good to keep hard copies!!!

The problem is how would a Judge interpret your response and or wording ?
                The template letters say ALL that is necessary. They are intended to be SNAIL MAIL and either recorded or evidenced of having been posted (ie at the post office proof of postage).

Send original to MORTIMER CLARKE

Good to keep hard copies!!!

If any other tom dick or harry turns up as instructed by CABOT/Mortimer Clarke simply hand them a copy!
                SAY NOTHING but make a diary NOTE for your records!

@Di has pointed out there are issues with CABOT (Mortimer Clarke are part of the CABOT Group)

Comment

stated in the email . . . . . and had no record of the CCJ they are referring to.

That's not strictly true which is why it's best not to send/say anything other than the template letter you were guided to.

Di

Comment

Hi Guys
                    Hope everyone is coping well in these worrying times.

Just to update this thread.
                    The template letter was issued to Mortimer Clarke - no further hand-written letters received or door step agents to date.
                    I have now received a response from Mortimer Clarke.

I have attached a redacted copy; any advice from here is greatly appreciated.

Stay Safe
                    KKA

Attached Files

Comment

Diana Mayhew

Comment

I have now received a response from Mortimer Clarke.

I have attached a redacted copy; any advice from here is greatly appreciated.

There's no date showing on that letter which you've uploaded.

However it says that if you don't respond within 14 days they "will seek client instruction".

You may want to wait until Mortimer Clarke Solicitors write to tell you what their client Cabot Financial (UK) Ltd instruct them to do.

The next move is theirs not yours

Di

Comment

Di
                          Thanks for the response; i have since had a further letter which is just a generic template.
                          We note that you have not responded to our previous letter enclosing an income and expenditure form for you to complete.
                          Our client is keen to find out more about your financial circumstances, so that we can agree an appropriate and affordable repayment plan with you. if the income and expenditure form is not returned within 10 days from the date of this letter (23/03), we will refer the matter to our client for further instruction.

I will sit tight for now and advise on their next move.
                          Thanks for you help again.
                          KKA

Comment

And on and on and on. Ignore them until real court letters, rather than threats, come.

Let them waste forests and pay postage.

You will note they use the same remote returned letter service as several banks - a Huddersfield PO Box. It is a bit daunting to be unable to anticipate who sent the letter from the address on the reverse. Does the service open the letters it receives or does the barcode tell all?

Comment

Julian
                              Yes ive had several more all from the same PO box in Huddersfield; all just template letters requesting i get in touch.
                              Will hold tight on this one and see if anything more interesting ever arrives.
                              Take Care
                              KKA

Comment

Working...
                              X