GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script when does an application form become an agreement - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

when does an application form become an agreement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: when dose an aoppolication form become an agreement

Signature, or lack of one, itself isn't necessarily enough on its own to render it
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

On the positive side though, bearing in mind both Carey and Rankin there has been a big increase recently of the number of courts ruling in favour of us, the debtors, again. It has muddied the waters even more, but certainly the mud is working more for us than against us over the past few months.

Nothing is clear cut still with reconstitutions, and it is certainly best if you have some good solicitors who know what they're talking about rather than turning up as an LIP (unless you're used to it). The creditors need to be picked up on every tiniest little thing they say that is questionable in order to gain a successful outcome where things are not clear cut.

Comment

Niddy can an inhibition be overturned?

Comment

Originally posted by creditcritter View Post
          Niddy can an inhibition be overturned?
          Nope, it's there until the debt is paid unfortunately....... usually (in Scotland) we'd suggest to people to get on a DAS if they know someone is thinking of an IO - as a DAS protects you from such occuring... sorry, you're stuck with it i'm afraid!

It doesn't matter though, in daily life as it only comes into effect if/when you release assets
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

a bit off subject got a postcard from link asking me to contact them it had there phone number & clearly said link on it now my postman knows i am in debt can i do anything about it.

Comment

That is a breach of the OFT guidelines on debt collection

That said, it realy in my view is only helpful in litigation when arguing the unfairness point in an unfair relationship

Comment

a bit off subject got a postcard from link asking me to contact them it had there phone number & clearly said link on it now my postman knows i am in debt can i do anything about it.
                Not unless it actually stated anything about the reason they want you or anything.....

Yea it does breach OFT guidelines on Debt Collection but it's not worth complaining, you have enough on your plate to deal with without starting a silly fight that you won't get anything for.....

Point is, all it done was show their name, like me writing to you with our company name on the outside of an envelope - however if anything suggested you were in debt then you'd have a bigger argument.

edit - just seen Paul reply above - oooops
                Last edited by Never-In-Doubt; 18 June 2011, 09:24. Reason: edit to post

Comment

Nice to know our legal guru is tuned in thanks Paul.

Comment

Re: when does an application form become an agreement

Hi Guys been away for a while will open a diary stating my events since last here , I went bankrupt that's over now but a few debts where left in my wife's name got most written off one Vanquis had to f&f will make a good diary for others just one niggler left Pra Group on an old abbey card debt , I did a cca request they sent me a small box application form pretty unreadable with terms on the back said no further contact until they can satisfy my request , today ten months later they sent me the same paperwork with a print out of transactions demanding payment can anyone advise what has changed , the card was taken out 2003
                    Last edited by creditcritter; 12 December 2016, 20:56.

Comment

Re: when does an application form become an agreement

Hi Guys been away for a while will open a diary stating my events since last here , I went bankrupt that's over now but a few debts where left in my wife's name got most written off one Vanquis had to f&f will make a good diary for others just one niggler left Pra Group on an old abbey card debt , I did a cca request they sent me a small box application form pretty unreadable with terms on the back said no further contact until they can satisfy my request , today ten months later they sent me the same paperwork with a print out of transactions demanding payment can anyone advise what has changed , the card was taken out 2003
                      Replied on other thread -> http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...2302-Pra-Group

Comment

Working...
                      X