GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Could really use some help and advice. - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could really use some help and advice.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Could really use some help and advice.

Hi Red, welcome to AAD, you will have support without judgement. Hopefully by following the AAD way you can get you of this situation.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsD View Post
      http://moneyplus.com/terms-and-condi...ms-conditions/ no penalties for immediate withdrawal

Can I just reassure you that quite a lot of us, me included had a DMP and then left it

In my case, 6 years ago, my husband and I are now debt free having followed the UE process at AAD.

all of our debts are SB(statute barred)

Can you find a list of the debts as they were when you entered the DMP?
      Have any of them been paid off?
      Are any of them having the absolute bloody cheek to be still charging interest?
      All of this info should be available on the DMP shysters website, before you close it down you need to get as much info as possible.
      Congratulations, this is reassuring to know. I am glad everything worked out for you.

I have no documentation of the debts as they were when I entered the DMP, I only have the current creditors, account numbers and balances.

As far as I know none of the original debts have been paid off, I have just been chipping away at the principle sum.

I think everybody has stopped charging interest apart from Wescot Credit Services.

I dont have any login details for the website, I will contact them tomorrow and see if I can get a login id and password arranged, if I find out any more information regarding your questions I will update you as soon as possible.
      Last edited by Red88; 18 November 2015, 15:48.

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
        If your current home is a flat then this will probably be a leasehold (not freehold) legal situation.

A lot will depend on the terms of your lease from now on .

Do you pay service charges under the terms of your lease and are these up to date (if you genuinely/legally owe them) so you won't face forfeiture of your lease ?

Plan B
        Actually it is a freehold, all owners in this building own a portion of the freehold including me.

Yes I do pay a service charge which goes towards maintaining the lift and grounds etc. I legally owe it, it is included in the paperwork.

Comment

Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post
          Hi Red, welcome to AAD, you will have support without judgement. Hopefully by following the AAD way you can get you of this situation.
          Hi cymrambyth, thank you. I am happy to be here.

Comment

Originally posted by Red88 View Post

My creditors are:
            Idem Capital Securities Ltd
            Wescot Credit Services
            Barclaycard
            Barclays Bank Plc
            Central Debt Collection Services
            Capital One
            Royal Bank of Scotland
            Okay so let's help you to get these debts sorted.

You need to start a new post for each one of them so we can guide you through your next steps.

Here's how to do it (please)

http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...ull=1#post5922

Please provide the following information for each account:

• Type of account (credit card/personal loan/overdraft)
            • Date commenced (ideally before April 2007)
            • Approx balance
            • Date last paid (approximate date you last made a FULL payment)
            • Are you on arrangement or not paying
            • Status (default/in arrears/up-to-date)
            • Account owner (who is writing to you, a DCA or the lender or a solicitor)

Plan B xx

Comment

You certainly are in the best place, if you follow the suggestions here you will be fine ..... Good luck. xxxx
              if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Okay so let's help you to get these debts sorted.

You need to start a new post for each one of them so we can guide you through your next steps.

Here's how to do it (please)

http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...ull=1#post5922

Please provide the following information for each account:

• Type of account (credit card/personal loan/overdraft)
                • Date commenced (ideally before April 2007)
                • Approx balance
                • Date last paid (approximate date you last made a FULL payment)
                • Are you on arrangement or not paying
                • Status (default/in arrears/up-to-date)
                • Account owner (who is writing to you, a DCA or the lender or a solicitor)

Plan B xx
                Hello PlanB, sorry for the late response we have been unable to get online all evening.

My son will follow your instructions and start a diary for me shortly, we are just gathering all the relevant information.

I can't thank you enough for your direction so far.
                Last edited by Red88; 18 November 2015, 15:51.

Comment

Originally posted by nanna58 View Post
                  You certainly are in the best place, if you follow the suggestions here you will be fine ..... Good luck. xxxx
                  I am very glad my son came across this forum and suggested I make a thread, thank you for the reassurance, I sure hope so.

Comment

I am very glad my son came across this forum
                    And we're glad to have you as part of our community

Enjoy your stay.

Plan B x

Comment

I am very glad my son came across this forum and suggested I make a thread

Red88's UE Diary can be found here http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...l=1#post537730

Let the games begin

Plan B x

Comment

Red88's UE Diary can be found here http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...l=1#post537730

Let the games begin

Plan B x
                        Thanks, I came to say exactly this.

Comment

Hi Red88

Just wanted to add my support for you on this, and to emphasise what everyone else has said who cannot believe the DMP you have been on for all this time, that has done little to help you clear your debts, but has lined the pockets of the debt management company very nicely.

It'll be great to see you get free of these shackles that have crippled you for so long so fingers crossed for you
                          "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

Comment

A warm welcome from me, as well.

You sound as if you have been doing really well in reducing your outstanding balances but it does sound as if the DMP company has been been giving you very fair (and certainly not impartial) advice.

You have come to the right place for advice - no-one on here will judge you.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltnVinegar View Post
                              Hi Red88

Just wanted to add my support for you on this, and to emphasise what everyone else has said who cannot believe the DMP you have been on for all this time, that has done little to help you clear your debts, but has lined the pockets of the debt management company very nicely.

It'll be great to see you get free of these shackles that have crippled you for so long so fingers crossed for you
                              Hi SaltnVinegar, your kinds words are much appreciated .
                              Last edited by Red88; 18 November 2015, 15:50.

Comment

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
                                A warm welcome from me, as well.

You sound as if you have been doing really well in reducing your outstanding balances but it does sound as if the DMP company has been been giving you very fair (and certainly not impartial) advice.

You have come to the right place for advice - no-one on here will judge you.

Thank you for welcoming me Phoenix.

I must admit, I was very embarrassed initially but have come to realise that everyone here really wants to help, I have not felt an ounce of judgement.
                                Last edited by Red88; 18 November 2015, 15:50.

Comment

Working...
                                X