GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Debt Relief Order - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Debt Relief Order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Debt Relief Order

Still no SAR from Santander, cheque cashed 5th August. Nothing back re illegible CCA received, Nothing re CCA letter sent re overdraft. All gone very quiet.
    Daughter moving house again at end of this month!

Comment

Letter from Robinson Way regarding daughter's credit card with Santander, this was the one with illegible document / copy of agreement.

Please note we have not yet received a response from the original creditor. This note is to let you know that we are continuing to seek an update and we will let you know the response as soon as we can. Action on your account has been temporarily stopped whilst we await a resolution. Thank you for your patience. Yours faithfully, customer contact manager.

Any reply needed? Still awaiting SAR! Well overdue.

Comment

Nope. Sit tight. They're in breach so leave them in breach
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Enforcer View Post
          Still no SAR from Santander, cheque cashed 5th August. Nothing back re illegible CCA received, Nothing re CCA letter sent re overdraft. All gone very quiet.
          Daughter moving house again at end of this month!
          Santander are not the best when it comes to complying with SARs. The statutory time limit is 40 days and your SAR is well overdue by now. It's time to write back to Santander reminding them of their obligations. See the ICO website for a template letter: https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/personal-information/ Scroll down to "What can I do if the organisation does not respond?"

Comment

Thanks for the link BuzzyBee,
            Cheque for SAR was cashed 5th August, still not received a reply, Daughter moved house,yet again, 2 weeks ago, postal redirect for 3 months. Has once again received a letter from Robinson Way, still waiting for information. Should she now write to Santander advising them that no SAR received and giving new address in case they try to get CCJ by default and send copy to Robinson Way? Advice appreciated.

Comment

As your daughter has got a postal redirect for three months I would just leave things as they are until nearer the end of the redirect. They shouldn't be able to get a CCJ by default if she's having her mail redirected.
              Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks for the reply, Do we chase the outstanding SAR request, now over 3 months without any reply.

Comment

Finally received SAR in December, no copy default notices,no terms & conditions regarding overdraft, illegible photocopy of credit card card application, 1 page only. photocopies of loan agreements, started with £1,000 then new loan to replace it for £2,000 then new loan to replace that for £5,000 then final loan to replace previous for £10,000 every time she got deeper into financial trouble they just gave her a new loan and contra balance to replace previous, no T&C for loans.

Daughter phoned me this morning to say received letter yesterday default notice and sums in arrears, showing the £10 payment for the SAR has been entered as a payment against the loan account, what do we do next? Over 5 1/2 years since any payment was made, now obviously trying to re set Statute Barred date!

Comment

I would ignore the fact that they have put it against the loan until after it is statute barred by the later of default date or last payment date, as it will be easy to prove that it was SAR money but I would not want them to be alerted to anything when you are this close.
                    Last edited by Susie; 1 January 2017, 22:47.
                    When you have nothing you have nothing to lose

Comment

I agree with Susie. Keep quiet about the wrongful use of the SAR fee until the debt is definitely SB.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Today 2nd June, it is now 6 years from the date of receipt of last payment by my daughter. Now should technically be statute barred. No letters from anyone for last couple of months. Looks as if She is now finally finished with this mess.

Comment

That's a good feeling isn't it

Comment

Working...
                          X