GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Oakfieldboy Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oakfieldboy Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oakfieldboy
    replied
    Hi Diana it's Lloyds credit card post 19

Leave a comment:

• Joanna Connolly Solicitors
    replied
    Which debt is this?

Can you quote the history or say which post number has the background so suggestions can be made in context.

Di

Leave a comment:

• oakfieldboy
    replied
    Lloyds
    /Lowell Credit Card

Letter from Lowell dated 29/01/2019 Pre-Legal Assessment

We recently wrote to inform you that if you do not contact us to agree how you will repay your accounts ,or let us know why you are unable to do this , we may take legal action on one of the accounts listed above.

We have now selected your Lloyds Banking Group account with Lowell for possible legal action.

Legal Action Assessment of your Lloyds Banking Group account if you do not contact us by mid Feb to agree repayment solicitors may be instructed to take legal action to recover the selected account.

This will mean that court fees, solicitor's cost and interest will be added to the account which would increase the amount owed.

Should a CCJ be granted, this will be registered on your credit file for 6 years and may impact your ability to obtain any further credit.

Leave a comment:

• Warwick65
    replied
    Originally posted by oakfieldboy View Post
    • Type of account: Credit Card
    • Date commenced: February 2004
    • Approx balance: £7000.00
    • Date last paid Last Full payment in January 2008. Reduced Form February 2008
    • Are you on arrangement or not paying: Currently paying £1.00 per month
    • Account owner : Was Capital One now Lowell
    CCA request sent.
    CCA received from Lowell will scan to team
    Niddy says Credit agreement is enforceable
    25/03/2018 Payment stopped SO Cancelled
    26/03/2018
    SAR sent to the Capital One
    19/04/2018 SAR received from Capital One
    15/06/2018 Letter from Lowell Re: payment.
    16/07/2018 Letter from Lowell Re: payment and Annual Statement.
    30/07/2018 Letter from Lowell Re: payment
    14/08/2018 Letter from Lowell Re: payment
    17?10/2018 Letter from Lowell Re:discount
    Well no guarantees but the fact they are offering a 50% discount could be a good sign. Remember there is a lot more to enforcing in court than just an agreement as I and Joanna Connolly can testify to.
    Diana Mayhew any other comments?

I suppose it all depends on what your goal and situation is. Are you trying to wait it out for either UE or Statute Barred or are you wanting to minimise what you need to pay. I waited it out and now all my debts are SB. By the way my Cap ! card was from late 2005 and deemed enforceable but with Jo's help we defeated Lowell

Leave a comment:

• oakfieldboy
    replied
    Capital one/Lowell Credit Card

Letter from Lowell dated 17/10/2018 offering 50% discount if a repayment plan set up by 31/10/2018

Leave a comment:

• Spud
    replied
    You can safely date and file those letters

recommence collection activity = Send you another letter ( or 7 !!!!!)

Leave a comment:

• Still Waving
    replied
    See posts #67 and #68 above, and file letter.

Leave a comment:

• Warwick65
    replied
    I would say same old same old although without looking back its difficult to know for sure

Leave a comment:

• The Tech Clerk
    replied
    begging you?

Leave a comment:

• oakfieldboy
    replied
    Halifax Loan - Moorcroft

Letter from Moorcroft dated 21/08/2018 MONTHLY INSTALMENT OFFER

As we have no received any communication from you with regards to your outstanding, we are concern that your financial position means that you may not be in a position to meet our requests to clear the account in full.
    We can confirm that we are prepared to accept a sensible monthly payment plan which reflects your financial circumstances and is one you can afford to maintain. If you wish to take advantage of this repayment opportunity please phone.
    Failure to respond within 7 days of receipt of this letter may leave us with no option but to recommence collection activity.

Leave a comment:

• Warwick65
    replied
    Personally i would file, I am not up to speed on the trading names they use these days but back in the day it was Red and Fredricksons who were just the same company

I also think offers of discounts are often just to get you to engage with them.

Leave a comment:

• oakfieldboy
    replied
    Capital One - Lowell

Letter from Lowell dated 14/08/2018 We have now tried on a number of occasions to help you clear your account by contacting us to discuss an affordable repayment solution. We will shortly be passing your account to our collections department or one of our approved debt collections agency. They will be instructed to contact you regarding your account and seek to recover the outstanding balance through the appropriate means.

We are willing to offer you a discount of 30% of your balance. We can accept this figure paid in instalments that you can realistically afford, taking in to consideration your financial circumstances and repayment can be weekly, fortnightly or monthly, which ever suits you best. If applicable, when your account is settled we will update your credit file to reflect this. Please note that any account settled with a discount will show as partly satisfied.

Leave a comment:

• Spud
    replied
    Originally posted by Warwick65 View Post
    I have lots of those types of letters, always found Moorcroft to be rank amateurs who will pass it back if they do not get a payment
    Absolutely have to agree with what Warwick said........In some respects the longer that Moorcroft have the account......the better.......

Leave a comment:

• Warwick65
    replied
    I have lots of those types of letters, always found Moorcroft to be rank amateurs who will pass it back if they do not get a payment

Leave a comment:

• The Tech Clerk
    replied
    more emergency paper in case of emergency use un-printed side then flush lol
    Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 19 August 2018, 20:54.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X