GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Barclaycard/Egg CCA request - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Barclaycard/Egg CCA request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Barclaycard/Egg CCA request

Quick query, my CCA was sent to Moorgate late 27/03/13 and it was signed for their end on 02/04/13.
    I am aware of the 12+2 for compliance howver there are also 2 Bank Holidays in the mix. Would it follow in these circumstances that they would be allowed 12+4?

Comment

Service of post is rebuttable and as this was recorded and you know when it was signed for so you don't add anything for service. Date of service + 12 days.

M1

Comment

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post
        Service of post is rebuttable and as this was recorded and you know when it was signed for so you don't add anything for service. Date of service + 12 days.

M1
        Forgive me for being dim in these matters but would that make the compliance date 14/04/2013?

Comment

Don't worry too much about the 12+2 days.

Until they send you an enforceable cca they are in default of your cca request and cannot enforce it.
          Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by bettingmad View Post
            Forgive me for being dim in these matters but would that make the compliance date 14/04/2013?
            It's working days, not consecutive days, so using the 2nd as date of service, takes you to the 17th.
            Last edited by fluffystuff; 11 April 2013, 18:37.

Comment

I am hoping Niddy will come back and tell me the Barclaycard/Egg CCA is not enforceable. Mind you with my general luck it will most likely be enforceable!!

Comment

Fingers crossed for you!

Comment

hang on.... been hectic! will check now
                  I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

I am hoping Niddy will come back and tell me the Barclaycard/Egg CCA is not enforceable. Mind you with my general luck it will most likely be enforceable!!
                    They've only sent terms, no agreement....

Hence it is UE and you ought to respond as follows --> CCA Query - Missing Prescribed Terms - allaboutDEBT UK

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                      hang on.... been hectic! will check now
                      Niddy TBH I was not expecting an update for a while as I appreciate how demanding these requests are for you. Whenever you manage to get around to it will be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                        They've only sent terms, no agreement....

Hence it is UE and you ought to respond as follows --> CCA Query - Missing Prescribed Terms - allaboutDEBT UK

Thanks Niddy, looks like my luck is changing. So basically in their covering letter they are telling porkies in that they are providing me with the agreement and this complies with CUPTR?

Would I need to SAR them as well?

Also I have seen previous reponses from Barclays to people where they have admitted that they do not have the agreement. Is this a change in tact to put people of the scent and are they not being misleading in asserting they have provided a copy of an agreement when it is plainly not?

Mind you I do appreciate we are talking Barclays here.

Comment

No need to SAR or anything like that as they may not send the agreement within the SAR so send back what I linked to, above.

Comment

Quick query, my CCA was sent to Moorgate late 27/03/13 and it was signed for their end on 02/04/13.
                            I am aware of the 12+2 for compliance howver there are also 2 Bank Holidays in the mix. Would it follow in these circumstances that they would be allowed 12+4?
                            I took out an Egg loan in 2005 that was transferred to Morrgate.

I CCAd Egg in 2011 before they sold it. Got back a copy of the signed one.

So looks like Egg kept them, but hopefully they suffered a nasty accident in the post to Moorgate

Good luck

HB

Comment

Working...
                            X