GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script home visit - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

home visit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: home visit

Originally posted by ken100464 View Post
    Society makes out debt is a taboo subject.

That suits the creditors because they can use the embarressment factor to do their dirty jobs.

Of course everybody is just one mistake away from joining the ranks of being in debt.

And show me the person who never made a mistake in their life. Think the last one got nailed to a cross which still seems a prety big mistake in my book.

Suspect that millionaire who took on Barclays a few months back didnt think when he did he was going to be bankrupted by the bank. But he was. And now he is as broke as we are.
    very true Ken!
    When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Absolutely agree - and at risk of going slightly off topic here so apologies to Louise

What galls me the most is that the banks/creditors are quite happy to plough $$$ into lawyers to figure out loopholes to avoid their obligations, whether that is taxes, compensation, mis-selling, debit card chargeback, refunds on fraud, closed/lost accounts, unfair charges, fixing markets and interest rates, the list goes on and on.

However, they are then prepared to throw (and ignore) legislation at joe bloggs in the street, who, to be fair, hasn't got a cat in hells chance of understanding the complex legislation behind the products they are being sold.

Now you can throw the moral argument of 'you borrowed it so pay it back' at people but ultimately when the banks are behaving in the way I point out above then why should they think their customers should behave any differently?

Indeed the banks behaviour isn't just morally wrong but actually criminal in some cases, yet how many bankers have actually been arrested and charged?

So bugger em. They are getting whats been coming to them for some time
      "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltnVinegar View Post
        Now you can throw the moral argument of 'you borrowed it so pay it back' at people but ultimately when the banks are behaving in the way I point out above then why should they think their customers should behave any differently?
        Agreed and this is where i believe the whole thing falls down SnV. When people are struggling its almost like they think "weak person, attack, attack, attack". What happens then? Often people fight back and they get nothing!
        When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

Comment

Love that post by S and N... I wrestled with my conscience about " you signed, you owe it so pay back in full"...

Apex sent me a doorstep visit letter...I responded with the template letter on here...They never came,and handed the debt back to the OC....

They were miffed cos I shunned them...
          If you are using a shovel to dig yourself into a hole, a credit card company will be happy to give you a JCB !!

Comment

Originally posted by Susiebling365 View Post
            Love that post by S and N... I wrestled with my conscience about " you signed, you owe it so pay back in full"...

Apex sent me a doorstep visit letter...I responded with the template letter on here...They never came,and handed the debt back to the OC....

Yep, because they will have moved on to someone who wont challenge them and yours will be at the bottom of the pile

Comment

Originally posted by Susiebling365 View Post

Good stuff Susie

TBH - Apex are that inept that any 'field agent' they sent out would probably get lost on the way to the bus stop anyway
              "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

Comment

Originally posted by missy View Post
                Agreed and this is where i believe the whole thing falls down SnV. When people are struggling its almost like they think "weak person, attack, attack, attack". What happens then? Often people fight back and they get nothing!
                I wouldn't even necessarily have an issue with the 'attack, attack' mentality as I can understand that (to a very small degree).

What I despise is the fact that the 'attacks' have to breach every guideline in the regulators books and that they behave in such an immoral fashion, yet expect customers to be 'holier than thou art'.

I don't understand what calling a debtor 20 times in a week achieves when you have been told that the debt can only be repaid back at £x/month.

I don't understand how a company can get away with making threats of action that legally they are unable to take (e.g. charging orders for small debts or bankruptcy).

I don't understand how talking to a debtors children telling them that 'daddy is in trouble' is going to magically make money appear on the table.

I don't understand how hounding people on social media and breaching DPA rules by effectively telling all their friends they are in debt can be allowed.

I don't understand how debt collectors can be allowed to turn up at the beds of debtors who are hospitalized to harass them to make a payment plan.

I could go on................

Comment

Originally posted by missy View Post
                  Yep, because they will have moved on to someone who wont challenge them and yours will be at the bottom of the pile
                  Yes to quote 'management speak' they will go after 'the low hanging fruit'

Comment

Working...
                  X