GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Aktiv Kapital Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aktiv Kapital Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Aktiv Kapital Diary

Hi PB,

I would be interested to hear from other members who have been in this position. I would like to think the typo in your name is enough to keep you safe
    Is it a surname > firstname back to front, or a middle name missing?
    When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi Missy

Yes. The letter arrived addressed to a Mr ABC. I'm simply AC.

Plus I have all my records dating back to 1997!

I've always used a software programme to keep all my accounts in order.

I knew on three levels I was ok (or if needed I could argue):

1). Wrong person - as in name.
      2). I simply do not have that debt
      3). Even if I did, the account was closed in 1999.

This link shows a similar case of mistaken ID. This guy actually won damages against Aktiv Kapital for £6,725!

http://www.consumercreditsupport.co....ead.php?t=4173

Rgds

Comment

Hi PB,

I've just re-read your thread and now know its for a card you did have although it appears they have mixed the account up with someone (possibly similar, or even same name as you!) else who does have a balance.

Keep all the statements safe and you too may have £6K

Thanks for the link - interesting read
        Last edited by SA Gold; 24 July 2013, 15:54.
        When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Polar Bear View Post
          Hello Garlok

"Yet a simple sale of one account, the most difficult one for us has brought it all very much alive again".???

What happened?

Did Kapital go under? Were they sold?

Rgds
          Hi PB,

Never had the good fortune to have dealings with an outfit so inept as Aktiv. I was trying to give you a heads up that you should not let your guard down. Our accounts were all with Barclaycard and then a complete circus of some 16 DCAs and several solicitors practices who were all sent away. Two were sold and a nasty DCA/Debt purchaser was forced to back down until BC produce the goods which we know they can't. The most difficult one for us to fight was all quiet due to the background and the criminal behaviour of BC, then suddenly they sold the thing out to a very shady outfit who have forged documents etc. from BC and are trying to rely on them etc. So after a quiet time when we thought we could sit it out to SB suddenly all is alive and kicking again. Its a good job that we had AAD and I came back otherwise we might have been swamped as we were initially off guard and our cases have been running since 2007 with the clock starting in 2009.

regards
          G

Comment

Hello all

Nuts! Just when I thought it was too good to be true I've just received another letter. This time from Aktiv Kapital direct again. Included with the letter is an 80% discount voucher!! These guys are just sooo funny! The only problem with this letter is it is now addressed correctly. In the past it was addressed to Mr ABC, whilst I am simply Mr AC. Now they've corrected it.

Just to remind everyone on the thread, they sent these letters to Mr ABC for a debt I have no knowledge of. Because the letter was addressed to Mr ABC and because I simply to do not have this debt in the first place, I simply ignored the letters - this was also the general thread from other forums when dealing with this company. But they've actually addressed the letter to me, I'm thinking this time to actually send them a letter to prove it!

Can someone remind me again on the the templates they used for the initial 'prove it' letter?

Rgds
            PB

Comment

Hello all

Nuts! Just when I thought it was too good to be true I've just received another letter. This time from Aktiv Kapital direct again. Included with the letter is an 80% discount voucher!! These guys are just sooo funny! The only problem with this letter is it is now addressed correctly. In the past it was addressed to Mr ABC, whilst I am simply Mr AC. Now they've corrected it.

Just to remind everyone on the thread, they sent these letters to Mr ABC for a debt I have no knowledge of. Because the letter was addressed to Mr ABC and because I simply to do not have this debt in the first place, I simply ignored the letters - this was also the general thread from other forums when dealing with this company. But they've actually addressed the letter to me, I'm thinking this time to actually send them a letter to prove it!

Can someone remind me again on the the templates they used for the initial 'prove it' letter?

Rgds
              PB
              Here---> You know nothing of the Debt / Prove It

Comment

Hello Deepie

Many thanks. I will send them a letter based on the templates. Hopefully this might save a tree!

Rgds
                PB

Comment

Good luck with it, any pointers on how to get an 80% off voucher - since they are my one huge worry I would snap their hand off for that, even though it is against my ideals to pay at least I could sleep at night
                  When you have nothing you have nothing to lose

Comment

If you get an 80% off voucher, just make sure that all the t&c's are watertight, or another dca will be chasing for the balance!

Comment

Originally posted by Dibsfbd View Post
                      If you get an 80% off voucher, just make sure that all the t&c's are watertight, or another dca will be chasing for the balance!

Hi.
                      Here is the Formal & Legal F&F Offer

Cheers
                      SA

Comment

Thanks for the help but just to confirm there is no debt. I don't have the debt. These letters started to appear out of the blue with another person's name albeit with the wrong initials.

Rgds
                        PB

Comment

Thanks for the help but just to confirm there is no debt. I don't have the debt. These letters started to appear out of the blue with another person's name albeit with the wrong initials.

Rgds
                          PB
                          Just return to sender then........

Comment

..read the previous posts and you'll see why this time I sent them a letter.

Rgds
                            PB

Comment

Hello all

I'm pleased to report good news. I sent the PROVE IT letter and today I received a response from Aktiv Kapital:

"I refer to your request for further information in relation to the above account.

Unfortunately the original creditor in this matter is no longer able to supply any documentation or information pertaining to the original application.

In view of the above the decision has been taken to cease all collections effort in this regard.

Yours sincerely..."

I guess in hindsight I should have sent the letter earlier as I know the debt wasn’t mine. My advice? If you know for sure the debt is not yours send the PROVE IT letter.

Thanks everyone for your help!

Rgds
                              PB

Comment

Working...
                              X