GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Elephant in the room - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Elephant in the room

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Elephant in the room

When I wrote the original post I didnt expect a thread this long but it has been a brilliant read.

What it has brought home to me is how much I value ALL posters views. It helps me understand and make clear in my own head the state of an individual debt.

I can then make an informed choice and not just a knee jerk response to some drivel sent out by a threat o gram machine.

I actually think it enhances the forum having such widely held views.

Would be awful if we were all busy checking our CRA's all the time. Then taking everybody to court.

Comment

Originally posted by gravytrain View Post
      Indecently this is why we( me and many others) stopped posting on CAG in 07
      Originally posted by SaltnVinegar View Post
      Whats so indecent about that?
      Perhaps the "indecency" lay in how they stopped posting - or was "gross indecency" involved?

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
        Oh I know..... I was gobsmacked when I logged in to see a Wonga ad right at the top of the forum, which was obviously an affiliate link but then when I went to log-in, I was banned. No reason, nothing.

Ahh well, that's why they're nobodies that rely on funding from MSE Charity, really.
        Ah well thats because you are obviously a bad influence Nidd

My account was still active, i was looking into what was being said on the PDL issue, as I had been doing a bit of work with Stella Creasy. i scrolled to the top of a particular horror story involving Wonga only to find it being advertised on the PDL forum , I don't know if my account is still active but i suspect not, after the post i made on the subject.
        Last edited by gravytrain; 3 January 2013, 15:13.

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
          Perhaps the "indecency" lay in how they stopped posting - or was "gross indecency" involved?
          Yeh OK I put indecently instead of incidently, big yuk

Let it go now boys

Comment

Not at all, we like a bit of indecency, gross indecency even better

Comment

Originally posted by gravytrain View Post
              Yeh OK I put indecently instead of incidently, big yuk

Let it go now boys
              Originally posted by jon1965 View Post
              Not at all, we like a bit of indecency, gross indecency even better
              It depends on whom it's with.

I could more readily engage in such games with lovely Di than with you or Niddy...

Comment

Cloggy I have so missed your humour, it's great to see you back and firing on all cylinders!
                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I could more readily engage in such games with lovely Di
                  welsh rarebit eh...
                  I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post
                    Cloggy I have so missed your humour, it's great to see you back and firing on all cylinders!
                    he's found another cylinder somewhere I think

but

it is nice to see you back, I almost missed your wee comments, just almost mind..........

Comment

Cloggy you are just a dirty old man. Me i am just old

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                        And that's why we are proud to be different.

We don't want growth. Ideally as years go by our posters would drop, meaning we're doing what we set out to achieve.

Please by all means express whatever opinion you like but don't forget our ethos - we help those that need it. Therefore we do offer a very long helping hand to newbies. We don't expect people to come here and be clued up. I never set us up to be like that, this all stemmed from my having one unenforceability section on MSE.

The users here are happy with the way we operate and unless the majority ask for change then we can't change things. We are not CAG or the likes. 100 opinions does no good. We stick to basic principles and have had reasonable success so far but the user knows that ultimately whatever they do or don't do is on their own decisions. We only offer help and guidance.

So although at present I tend to "check" cca's - we don't presume it'll go legal at that early stage and if it does, we deal with it as and when. As I say the users here on AAD are best suited to answer this but I think you'll find they are happy at the way we currently operate.

We are however building a cca checker that will give you basics based on user input. It'll be automated using Ajax script and easy to use. So that'll also allow a lot more user self-diagnosis which we'll link to templates or additional help as necessary, depending on the outcome of the user entries.

This will be very handy indeed. I've done OK so far using the templates and am nearly 1/2 way to SB, however I when I rec'd a lovely letter from Northampton for one of my alleged debts I was pretty much done for. I did try to get to grips with the in's and out's of "legalize" but you may just as well asked me to draw up plans for designing an Atlantic tunnel so on that one I had to concede albeit at a rate I could afford. So if there's a CCA checker that allows me to see what is wrong and maybe points out what part of the regs it contravines in "leagalize" that would definately help if the worst should happen again.

A big thanks to Niddy, Paul, Mods and all on here for their help thus far, long may this forum continue.

Comment

Originally posted by fedupwiththeworry View Post
                          you may just as well asked me to draw up plans for designing an Atlantic tunnel
                          You do realise that, due to the drift of the respective tectonic plates, a trans-atlantic tunnel would be utterly impossible?

Comment

You do realise that, due to the drift of the respective tectonic plates, a trans-atlantic tunnel would be utterly impossible?
                            In English please, my dear Watson
                            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

I think he means there would be a big hole in the roof with a water feature

Comment

Originally posted by MrsD View Post
                                I think he means there would be a big hole in the roof with a water feature
                                Lol. Love your description

Classic

Comment

Working...
                                X