GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Complicated (perhaps) mixture of templates/options - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Complicated (perhaps) mixture of templates/options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Complicated (perhaps) mixture of templates/options

I would say it all depends if they are writing to you

Comment

I thought that once they knew it was SB they were obliged to leave you alone as per OFT guidelines
      Originally posted by Pixie View Post
      Why did you request the cca in2010...the debt was already statute-barred?

Sending a cca request doesn't constitute acknowledging the debt so I'd be sending the SB letter to DCA3. It doesn't matter whether or not they're the "owners", they're the ones chasing you...which they are allowed to do but they can't take you to court to enforce it if it's SB.

I wouldn't bother sending the cca to Niddy.

Comment

Gonna shut up now. Pixie is on the case

Comment

Why did you request the cca in2010...the debt was already statute-barred?

Sending a cca request doesn't constitute acknowledging the debt
          i couldn't be sure what it was regarding, so couldn't technically know if it was barred, but didn't want to risk phoning them.

Comment

Pixie's going to bed

You're right Jon. What I meant is that OP is still liable for the debt.

Have a read of this MacKenzie Hall saga Paid off Mackenzie Hall but now find I never had to. Help? - allaboutFORUMS
            Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

If no-one's contacted you about the other debt, then just let sleeping dogs lie.

If a dca have contacted you, just send the SB letter to them.
              sorry, i meant no contact from me. but have a DCA letter from this August. will send them same Statute Barred template. i am glad this worked out easier than i had imagined - i should have joined this forum years ago! thanks everyone

Comment

Pixie's going to bed

You're right Jon. What I meant is that OP is still liable for the debt.
                do you mean still liable but enforceable by court? sorry, will read that link now

Comment

Originally posted by wasp View Post
                  i couldn't be sure what it was regarding, so couldn't technically know if it was barred, but didn't want to risk phoning them.

I see...you'd have been better sending Our Templates | Harassment & Intimidation Templates | You know nothing of the Debt / Prove It

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by wasp View Post
                    do you mean still liable but enforceable by court? sorry, will read that link now
                    No, I mean that, legally, you still owe the money but they can't take you to court to get it.

Comment

Right, Pixie's off to bed...no doubt Flowerpower will take over

Comment

No, I mean that, legally, you still owe the money but they can't take you to court to get it.
                        oops, i meant to write liable but not enforceable. i knew what you meant!

Comment

The rules are different in Scotland. If there was no payment or written acknowledgment between 2002 and 2007, then the alleged debt would have become Statute Barred in 2007. In Scotland, it also becomes “extinguished”. Therefore, this alleged debt ceased to exist in any form in 2007.

Once Statute Barring has occurred, it cannot be reversed. So, even if you had made a mistake and acknowledged the alleged debt in 2010, this would have no consequence.

The next time one of these clowns bothers you, send the Statute Barred template for Scotland. If they ignore it, report them to the OFT.

SH

Comment

Just to clarify further, they can ask for the money when it's statute barred..but only until you state that you will not be paying it as it's Statute Barred. Once they've been informed of this then the OFT considers it inappropriate to continue to hassle for payment.

Elsa x

Comment

Thanks for the clarification SH and Elsa.

Comment

Working...
                              X