GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Niddy's Problematic Linked Addresses - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Niddy's Problematic Linked Addresses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Niddy's Problematic Linked Addresses

Result!
    I hereby promise to treat Debt Collection Agencies with the same values that they treat me. UTTER CONTEMPT !!

Comment

Good innit lol
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

nice one Niddy!!

Comment

I can imagine some poor clerk getting those and having a major panic attack!!!!

Well done for getting a fast result, shame in a way they gave in so quickly as I love reading the "special" letters you do!!
          When you have nothing you have nothing to lose

Comment

Well done Niddy.......another nice result.!!

Comment

Originally posted by Susie
              I can imagine some poor clerk getting those and having a major panic attack!!!!

Well done for getting a fast result, shame in a way they gave in so quickly as I love reading the "special" letters you do!!
              Hiya, I agree..... I was kinda hoping that they would have put up more of a fight, but hey - when I sent them a letter from Experian confirming my "confirmed previous address history" I guess their hands were tied, ie who can argue with that! LOL

Maybe I shouldn't have sent that LOL..... although the linked address is still showing on Equifax so in the new year i'll be taking action against them, but this time there will be no out of court settlements - i'm going for the statutory £5k compo per libel which at the moment is over 20 - however my lawyer says only to ask for one lot of compo, but why should I? If I sit here and call a footballer or someone else that is rich, names - thatare factually wrong, then they could take action against me on a per case basis, meaning if I say that they owe Joe Bloggs, Jenni Bloggs and Justin Bloggs £100 when in fact they never, if that data I published caused the footballer adverse publicity he could sue me for upto £5,000 per libellous offence. The above example shows 3 libellous comments meaning he could sue me for 3 x £5k!

So, as Equifax currently have an incorrect link on my details, with 20 odd defaulted accounts I am wanting to sue for 20 times, my argument would be based on my difficulty in changing products, for instance my HSBC card is on a 0% deal that expires soon, no way would I get another 0% deal because of the adverse (incorrect) data meaning that it's caused me a disadvantage so I do have grounds to sue for libel. The problem arises on whether it was one or 20 of the accounts that caused me hardship, so to speak!

So, as you can see it's not as simple to sue for libel, as some are led to believe! PLUS it's bloody expensive (legal costs) as it is a civil case (ie no legal aid available etc)....

I'll keep this updated with progress, cos i'm not gonna back down on this - I want that link removed, Equifax refuse so the fight is on!
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

well done Niddy,

'Niddy knows best' -
                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Go Niddy go Niddy go. Excellent result, give them a good ass mate
                  Fight the good fight and we will prevail
                  Proud to be a member of the AAD community

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt
                    I want that link removed, Equifax refuse so the fight is on!
                    :yeah :yeah
                    I hereby promise to treat Debt Collection Agencies with the same values that they treat me. UTTER CONTEMPT !!

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt
                      Maybe I shouldn't have sent that LOL..... although the linked address is still showing on Equifax so in the new year i'll be taking action against them, but this time there will be no out of court settlements - i'm going for the statutory £5k compo per libel which at the moment is over 20 - however my lawyer says only to ask for one lot of compo, but why should I? If I sit here and call a footballer or someone else that is rich, names - thatare factually wrong, then they could take action against me on a per case basis, meaning if I say that they owe Joe Bloggs, Jenni Bloggs and Justin Bloggs £100 when in fact they never, if that data I published caused the footballer adverse publicity he could sue me for upto £5,000 per libellous offence. The above example shows 3 libellous comments meaning he could sue me for 3 x £5k!

So, as Equifax currently have an incorrect link on my details, with 20 odd defaulted accounts I am wanting to sue for 20 times, my argument would be based on my difficulty in changing products, for instance my HSBC card is on a 0% deal that expires soon, no way would I get another 0% deal because of the adverse (incorrect) data meaning that it's caused me a disadvantage so I do have grounds to sue for libel. The problem arises on whether it was one or 20 of the accounts that caused me hardship, so to speak!

So, as you can see it's not as simple to sue for libel, as some are led to believe! PLUS it's bloody expensive (legal costs) as it is a civil case (ie no legal aid available etc)....
                      Does this have any relevance?
                      Dingle -v- Associated Newspapers [1961] 2 QB 162

If four men, acting severally and not in concert, strike the plaintiff one after another and as a result of his injuries he suffers shock and is detained in hospital and loses a month's wages, each wrongdoer is liable to compensate for the whole loss of earnings. If there were four distinct physical injuries, each man would be liable only for the consequences peculiar to the injury he inflicted, but in the example I have given the loss of earnings is one injury caused in part by all four defendants. It is essential for this purpose that the loss should be one and indivisible; whether it is so or not is a matter of fact and not a matter of law

http://www.swarb.co.uk/lisc/Defam19601969.php
                      Quotes from the Bank of England website about 'Quantitative Easing'.
                      Instead of lowering Bank Rate to increase the amount of money in the economy, the Bank supplies extra money directly ...
                      This does not involve printing more banknotes. Instead the Bank pays for these assets by creating money electronically and crediting the accounts of ...

How to I apply to be Quantitatively Eased?

My UE diary is showthread.php?t=640

Comment

Well done. That sums it up awesomely

Comment

Working...
                        X