GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script CCAs received from PRA. Are they enforceable? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CCAs received from PRA. Are they enforceable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCAs received from PRA. Are they enforceable?

Hello.

I received reconstituted CCAs from PRA but I don't know if they are enforceable.

One is a micro copy and needs a magnifying glass to read it, the other has zero personal details on the relate to me.

I have looked at various sites and read info but I just can't tell.

I only have two debts with PRA,approx £4k each total £8k. I've already cleared £8k of debt with PRA via the DMP since 2017.

I want to stop paying PRA via my DMP in the hope they will eventually offer a settlement, without worrying they will take me to court.

I offered the £3.5k last year and they refused.

Please would you help. I really want to clear this debt so I can get a mortgage in the near future.

The defaults related to these debts have dropped off my credit file last year.

Thank you.
    Last edited by Firefairie; 6 February 2024, 01:07. Reason: Spelling and grammar errors

It would be helpful if you could create a Diary entry for each DEBT giving the following details

Type of account (eg Credit card, Bank overdraft, other loan)
    Original creditor
    Date commenced
    Current approx balance (rounded)
    Date last paid (approx)
    Are you on arrangement or not paying
    Status (eg formally defaulted)
    Current owner of debt (ie has it been sold on by original creditor)
    Who is currently chasing you

Comment

Thanks Roger I'll do that. I'll create posts here in this thread unless you tell me otherwise.
      Last edited by Firefairie; 6 February 2024, 19:34.

Comment

Type of account: Credit Card - Mbna
        Date commenced: 25.09.2015
        Approx balance: £4070
        Date last paid in full: March 2017
        Current status: Defaulted on 30.11.2017
        Assigned: Feb 2018
        Account Owner: PRA Group
        CCA: Received. Initially sent numerous copies of statements and cover letter acknowledging not enforceable then few weeks after that received another letter with a micro copy of what looks like a CCA but too small to read with naked eye

Comment

Type of account: Credit Card - Barclaycard Date commenced: 20.01.2015
          Approx balance: £4000
          Date last paid in full: March 2017
          Current status: Defaulted on 30.03.2017
          Assigned: Jan 2018
          Account Owner: PRA Group
          CCA: Received but does not contain any personal information or dates

Comment

Surely if you can not read it then it is irrelevant. If it has no details it could be anyone’s but isn’t the form to send them to Niddy - not sure if he is the expert

Comment

Thank you Firefaire!
              Did you send the CCA S.78 plus £1 to Pra?
              Details are important!

Any CCA1974 you have send it not redacted in full to webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk.
              Refering to you Diary entries here!

Comment

Originally posted by Dottir View Post
                Surely if you can not read it then it is irrelevant. If it has no details it could be anyone’s but isn’t the form to send them to Niddy - not sure if he is the expert
                It can't be in agreement between two parties if one of the parties isn't specified.

Comment

Hi Roger

I kept copies of the letters I sent. I used the same paragraph in both CCA requests to PRA. See attached image which is a screenshot of the paragraph.

Regarding the PRA/MBNA request, they sent copies of Credit Card Statements initially from Nov 2016 to Nov 2017 with the cover letter saying they were awaiting further documents. I then received the micro copy three weeks later. I assume you only want me to send the CCA and not 12 months of statements?

Comment

Dottir
                    Sparkles
                    It can't be in agreement between two parties if one of the parties isn't specified.

Don't presume and Don't Prejudge!

Never-In-Doubt has been providing this CCA74 S.78 review for AAD members for years (nobody else sees these other than him)
                    Please send un redacted and in full to
                    webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Firefairie View Post
                      Hi Roger

I kept copies of the letters I sent. I used the same paragraph in both CCA requests to PRA. See attached image which is a screenshot of the paragraph.

Regarding the PRA/MBNA request, they sent copies of Credit Card Statements initially from Nov 2016 to Nov 2017 with the cover letter saying they were awaiting further documents. I then received the micro copy three weeks later. I assume you only want me to send the CCA and not 12 months of statements?
                      Yes, send only the agreement, which should also include the terms and conditions relevant at the time of taking out the agreement. Not the statements.

Include a link to this thread.

Comment

Hi Roger and Still Waving
                        I'll scan the documents in full tomorrow evening as PDF files and send an email to the above address. I'll message via this thread and Tag you when ive sent them Thanks for your help
                        Last edited by Firefairie; 7 February 2024, 01:04. Reason: Message crossed over with @still wavings teply, so I removed sentence referring to the credit card statements

Comment

Good evening Roger

Just letting you know that I have emailed the CCAs via the above address. They have been sent as two seperste emails, containing link to this thread.

What happens next please? Will you or NID post here with an update?

Many thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Firefairie View Post
                            Good evening Roger

Just letting you know that I have emailed the CCAs via the above address. They have been sent as two seperste emails, containing link to this thread.

What happens next please? Will you or NID post here with an update?

Many thanks
                            Niddy will message you direct.

Comment

Thanks Still Waving

Hope you've had a good evening

Comment

Working...
                              X