GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Kafka versus Cabot - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kafka versus Cabot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I got through after about an hour. To be honest I'm horrified that it is impossible to verify the identity of a bailiff in a timely fashion. It is classed as low priority and can take up to 12 weeks.

I took advice about gaining the authorisation to act of her behalf with the Court and that will take about 18 working days.

So there's a random stranger at the door claiming to be a court bailiff that is misrepresenting their powers and it takes a staggering potential 4 months potentially to verify their identity.

Shocked, to say the least.

Comment

Originally posted by mr_reasonable View Post
      Well, I got through after about an hour. To be honest I'm horrified that it is impossible to verify the identity of a bailiff in a timely fashion. It is classed as low priority and can take up to 12 weeks.

I took advice about gaining the authorisation to act of her behalf with the Court and that will take about 18 working days.

So there's a random stranger at the door claiming to be a court bailiff that is misrepresenting their powers and it takes a staggering potential 4 months potentially to verify their identity.

Shocked, to say the least.
      And I am horrified that CABOT on the face of it engineered this visit! Knew your address and where to send the Baliff!!
      Horrendous!!

Comment

Yes, it's all very dubious. She has no recollection of accumulating the debt, although that in itself doesn't absolve her from responsibility, if necessary proofs can be shown, I understand.

I'm ready to progress to contacting the court and requesting they authorise me to act on her behalf? Am I right in doing that?

I have been unable to ascertain if the bailiff is a bailiff or if they have returned the warrant to the court or if they are intending on revisiting. It is at least the time of year where everything is kept closed and locked but nonetheless a concern that the angry man misrepresenting powers may return. Although I have printed out basic instructions about what to do in that event should I not be here, and taped it onto the door.

Comment

Rule One: DO NOT ADMIT HIM INTO THE PROPERTY.

Comment

I keep forgetting!

1/ The key to your actions! DOES A CCJ EXIST? iS THERE A COURT ORDER? Naming your partner and Cabot (or a member of the Cabot group of Companies?)
            Because if the ISN'T A CCJ plus COURT ORDER THEN " PHONE THE POLICE AND REPORT THIS INCIDENT!"

Comment

Yes, it's all very dubious. She has no recollection of accumulating the debt, although that in itself doesn't absolve her from responsibility, if necessary proofs can be shown, I understand.

I'm ready to progress to contacting the court and requesting they authorise me to act on her behalf? Am I right in doing that?

I have been unable to ascertain if the bailiff is a bailiff or if they have returned the warrant to the court or if they are intending on revisiting. It is at least the time of year where everything is kept closed and locked but nonetheless a concern that the angry man misrepresenting powers may return. Although I have printed out basic instructions about what to do in that event should I not be here, and taped it onto the door.

You may have already seen this -
              https://www.gov.uk/your-rights-bailiffs

Comment

Yes, there are two judgements, one in 2016 and another in 2017. The 2017 one is the one being pursued currently. Neither specify (in the Experian report we obtained) who instigated the CCJ. Source is given as Registry Trust LTD.

Both give the address as this one. I have tried to ascertain with her if she took out any debts while living here and she says she doesn't remember. Which could mean she did or she didn't, although by the looks of it, she may have.

So there are two CCJs which may have arisen from debts before she moved in or after, but either way she can't remember. I trust that she can't remember because I have experienced her being in a manic state and without exaggerating, she's in some kind of alternate reality.

So the action against her appears legit.

I have not yet been able to ascertain what happened to the paperwork appertaining to all this, if it was indeed sent here.

Comment

Sorry, I forgot to add.

Both appear on the report as "Judgement" from Northampton County Court.

The county court named on the Bailiffs posted notice is a different court.

Comment

Originally posted by Still Waving View Post

You may have already seen this -
                    https://www.gov.uk/your-rights-bailiffs
                    It will take 2-3 months to confirm a Bailiffs identity according to the conversation I had with the Court earlier today.

Comment

I'm making an effort this evening to turn up some old letters that will pin down when she move in. I can then cross reference those dates with the dates given in the credit report specifying when debts were taken out. It's getting on for 6 years ago.

Comment

Yes, there are two judgements, one in 2016 and another in 2017. The 2017 one is the one being pursued currently. Neither specify (in the Experian report we obtained) who instigated the CCJ. Source is given as Registry Trust LTD.
                        "An England & Wales County Court Judgment (CCJ) is a judgment issued by a county court if you fail to repay a monetary debt and the creditor has taken court action. ... Once a judgment has been granted details are submitted by the court to Registry Trust for inclusion on the public register."

Comment

Originally posted by Still Waving View Post

"An England & Wales County Court Judgment (CCJ) is a judgment issued by a county court if you fail to repay a monetary debt and the creditor has taken court action. ... Once a judgment has been granted details are submitted by the court to Registry Trust for inclusion on the public register."
                          Right. So to nail things down I'll have to contact the Registry Trust. Thanks.

Comment

From the information in the Credit Report I was able to work out where the debt arose that is now in the hands of Cabot. And is now the subject of a CCJ. It occurred in the run-up to a Christmas. She continues to insist on no recollection. I don't know either. Maybe someone does? The debt was accrued from an online store she never uses. I've never known her use it in all the time I've known her. Curiouser and curiouser.

The other CCJ I mentioned is unpindownable. It doesn't link to any other entry in the report.

I've looked at the Registry Trust website and they want £5 per online query, so may as well submit a SAR as they are free. However, I've looked at the huge number of people they share data with, and that put me off. Not sure what information they can offer up that isn't available in a credit report?

I found an app that converts SMS texts to PDF files. That's handy as I have demonstrable proof that I've indicated vulnerabilties to the (alleged) bailiff.

Comment

Sorry, I forgot to add.

Both appear on the report as "Judgement" from Northampton County Court.

The county court named on the Bailiffs posted notice is a different court.

"Why Northampton?

Before April 2014, although claims were administered in Salford, the claims were actually issued in the name of Northampton County Court. This is because the national administrative centre for dealing with many claims, was in Northampton.

This means that if a default judgment was issued before April 2014, it was probably in the name of Northampton County Court. Since that date, default judgments have been in the name of the County Court Money Claims Centre, without any reference to Northampton.
                              "

https://www.masonbullock.co.uk/solic...hampton-ccmcc/

Comment

The money for Trust Online £5 will give you all CCJs against a name. Initial creditor, court, date of CCJ and amount are supplied. They share data with all and sundry: your enquiry will have no effect. I could search your CCJs if i knew your name, like I would check a builder's credibility and credit worthiness.
                                Some CCJs are not registered on this service.

??????You may find an SAR to Cabot does not give many details, if they have purchased the debt as the data from the original creditor appears as a line in thousands on the spreadsheet with a marker saying CCJ. If the debt was sold to Cabot and Cabot obtained the CCJ they will have few details of the original debt.

If you have the names of the original creditors I would submit a SAR to both of them plus Cabot.

Cabot and their solicitor Mortimer Clarke are not very nice and mess with your head sending threats on aregular basis.

Comment

Working...
                                X