GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Wanted to introduce myself - PRA (Barclays Debt) - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wanted to introduce myself - PRA (Barclays Debt)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Acknowledgement due to contact them comes to mind,
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Rugby lad View Post
      I have just received my first letter from PRA - In a nutshell they are offering me a settlement offer, all I need to do is call them for a discount. I have a couple of weeks to respond. I will continue to ignore, unless told otherwise? I suspect I already know the answer.

You've guessed the answer right. Ignore PRA's letter but keep it on file.

I've just realised there's no history of the debt on your thread so maybe make a post based on this format >

* Original Creditor name:

* Balance Outstanding:

* Product (i.e credit card, loan, overdraft etc):

* Date account opened:

* Last Payment (contractual payment minimum amount etc):

* Date Defaulted (if it has been defaulted)

* Last Payment status (DMP or token payments or stopped paying date):

* Current owner:

This information will help the forum to make suggestions each time there's an update.

Di

Comment

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Hi Warwick,

No mention of amount of discount, just call us today.

Thanks
        PRA very kindly offered to settle my (alleged) debt for 37.5% of the outstanding sum.

Comment

Originally posted by ca71 View Post

PRA very kindly offered to settle my (alleged) debt for 37.5% of the outstanding sum.

Which would be arguably 'not outstanding' if the debt is proved to be unenforceable

Di

Comment

Hello and Welcome to the forum - Even if I am a little bit late to the party

It sounds like you have got off to a very good start with this which is fantastic

Keep up what you have started and post up if you get any updates or before you feel the need to reply etc

There is a time to reply and a time not to and given a little bit of time I am sure you will pick it all up

In the meanwhile, If you are able to set up a diary entry for this account ( And any more if you have them) so we can see at an instant as things develop etc. The history of an account is so useful in determining the next move sometimes

I look forward to seeing how things develop ( Or not ) with PRA
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hello all,

Just a general update on my situation, I am receiving a weekly email from PRA, lots of calls that go to VM, and I have noticed that my credit report has a new account set-up with the owner of the debt in PRA's name. Nothing threatening as yet, just please contact us.

Comment

I am receiving a weekly email from PRA, lots of calls that go to VM, and I have noticed that my credit report has a new account set-up with the owner of the debt in PRA's name.

Is it possible that PRA have bought another debt of yours hence the new account showing on your CRA file and the relentless phone calls?

Or have they only just registered your ex-Barclaycard one?

Di

Comment

Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post

Is it possible that PRA have bought another debt of yours hence the new account showing on your CRA file and the relentless phone calls?

Or have they only just registered your ex-Barclaycard one?

Di
                  Hello Di,

They have just registered my ex Barclays account, it's for the same amount.

Comment

Hello Di,

They have just registered my ex Barclays account, it's for the same amount.

Check to see if PRA have registered the Default date on there, and whether that agrees with what's in your SAR from Barclays if it refers to a DN being issued.

You have your eye on this debt becoming Statute Barred next year so the Default date may be relevant.

Di

Comment

Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post

Check to see if PRA have registered the Default date on there, and whether that agrees with what's in your SAR from Barclays if it refers to a DN being issued.

You have your eye on this debt becoming Statute Barred next year so the Default date may be relevant.

Di
                      I will Di - It's an upcoming status on my report, so will confirm once I have the details, I will also send you the info privately.

Comment

Hello all,

I just wanted to give you all my latest update on my situation.

I have continued to receive lots of calls, the emails have stopped for sometime now, however I have had my first letter from PRA where the tone is more menacing.

The letter is as follows "Under section 86B of the consumer credit act 1974, PRA Group (UK) Ltd, their address is written here - THIS NOTICE IS FOR INFORMATION ONLY AND IS NOT A DEMAND FOR PAYMENT"

The letter goes on to tell me I am behind in my agreement with Barclays and I am to contact them to arrange a payment, also that default sums and interest MAY be added.

As you can see the letter is slightly more threatening than before.

Am I still OK to ignore, I am assuming so.

Thanks

Comment

Hi
                          i can’t say if it’s anything more serious but periodically I used to get statements of sums in arrears and such like. One of the reasons is that creditors have to show they have maintained contact although that in itself does not give them any greater rights.

I get a statement from Santander every year or so and twice I received 6 envelopes from Cabot each with an annual statement on it.

I would file for now and try not to worry

Comment

I have had my first letter from PRA where the tone is more menacing.

The letter is as follows "Under section 86B of the consumer credit act 1974, PRA Group (UK) Ltd, their address is written here - THIS NOTICE IS FOR INFORMATION ONLY AND IS NOT A DEMAND FOR PAYMENT"

The letter goes on to tell me I am behind in my agreement with Barclays and I am to contact them to arrange a payment, also that default sums and interest MAY be added.

As you can see the letter is slightly more threatening than before.

Hello

I've highlighted (in blue) the essential part which says this is not a demand for payment because it isn't. Please don't see this as "menacing" or "threatening".

The statutory obligation to send you a Section 86b notice is explained here but don't see this as threatening anything albeit they may like you to see it that way

> https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga...39/section/86B

I'm also interested to read in your post that PRA are suggesting interested may be added to this debt because if the debt was defaulted before being assigned to PRA then maybe interest shouldn't be added?

Always look for the positives hidden within the possible negatives

Di

Comment

Originally posted by Warwick65 View Post
                              Hi
                              i can’t say if it’s anything more serious but periodically I used to get statements of sums in arrears and such like. One of the reasons is that creditors have to show they have maintained contact although that in itself does not give them any greater rights.

I get a statement from Santander every year or so and twice I received 6 envelopes from Cabot each with an annual statement on it.

I would file for now and try not to worry
                              Thanks Warwick - I thought as much, but nice to have it confirmed.

Comment

[QUOTE=PlanB;n1540624]

Hello

I've highlighted (in blue) the essential part which says this is not a demand for payment because it isn't. Please don't see this as "menacing" or "threatening".

The statutory obligation to send you a Section 86b notice is explained here but don't see this as threatening anything albeit they may like you to see it that way

> https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga...39/section/86B

I'm also interested to read in your post that PRA are suggesting interested may be added to this debt because if the debt was defaulted before being assigned to PRA then maybe interest shouldn't be added?

Always look for the positives hidden within the possible negatives

Di - Thanks for the advice as always

Comment

Working...
                                X