GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script JumpyMonkey's UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

JumpyMonkey's UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oh man, I already have another question

Is it even worth me doing this if all my debts, except my overdraft are post 2007? Do I have any chance of proving how incompetent these companies are or am I really just wishful thinking?

Comment

Welcome to AAD.
      The CCA s.78 request plus £1 for each request is a Consumer's Lawful Right. Whilst this is outstanding then the debt is UE.
      But there are many legal reasons other than the CCA.
      No two Cases are the same. I notice for instance Loans which increased to consolidate earlier debts.
      Take one step at a time.

Comment

Welcome to AAD. Follow the advice that Di gave and let us know when you receive any replies. If you read around this forum you will see that there are many errors that can make an agreement unenforceable; failings in default notices, assignments and some DCAs have no legal financial powers. Always ask questions and do not speak to anyone over the phone.
        Good luck
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

So I'm finally taking the plunge and writing my CCA Requests! eek!!!! Only 5 months after I started this thread - 5 months wasted!!!

One of my accounts is currently assigned to a Law firm which is freaking me out a bit. It's my HP account, do I still send the CCA Request? My inner scaredy cat is telling me they'll turn around and just throw a CCJ at me???

NatWest/PRA

• Type of account: Loan

• Date commenced: 2012? (credit website is down so can’t check)

• Approx balance: £14,000 – Originally took out a loan for £7000 in 2012 (will double check later) , then increased this in approximately 2014 to £20,000 to consolidate debts and they hiked the interest at this time. Requested they reduce the interest in 2017 to help me but was refused (obviously wasn’t a good candidate for reduced rates).

• Date last paid (approximate date you last made a FULL payment): October 2017

• Are you on arrangement or not paying: £1 TPP through SC which is due to expire and I plan to self manage from now

• Status (default/in arrears/up-to-date): Default

• Account owner (who is writing to you, a DCA or the lender or debt purchaser): Purchaser PRA

NatWest/PRA

• Type of account: CC

• Date commenced: 2010

• Approx balance: £2650

• Are you on arrangement or not paying: £1 TPP through SC which is due to expire and I plan to self manage from now

• Account owner (who is writing to you, a DCA or the lender or debt purchaser): Purchaser PRA

NatWest/PRA

• Type of account: Overdraft

• Date commenced: 2006

• Approx balance: £2000

PRA / Barclaycard

• Date commenced: 2013

• Approx balance: £7100

PRA / MBNA

• Date commenced: 2017 (DESPERATE TIMES BY THIS POINT)

• Approx balance: £1500

PRA / BARCLAYCARD

• Date commenced: 2014

• Approx balance: £3500

HALIFAX

• Approx balance: £2700

• Account owner (who is writing to you, a DCA or the lender or debt purchaser): DCA WESTCOTT

Lloyds TSB

• Approx balance: £2500

Link Financial (Co-Op)

• Date commenced: 2011

• Approx balance: £790

DWF Law (Hitatchi finance for HP)

• Type of account: Hire Purchase

• Date commenced: 2016

• Approx balance: £977

• Date last paid (approximate date you last made a FULL payment): February 2019

• Status (default/in arrears/up-to-date): Default (May 2019)

• Account owner (who is writing to you, a DCA or the lender or debt purchaser): Purchaser DWF Law

This is a strange one – HP was taken out for a new car. At the end of the 3 year contract the car was returned and I was hit with a big old fee for excess mileage. I was planning to contest this with the dealer as they convinced me to take a contract with a small mileage as “no one ever goes over”. I never contested due to depression and anxiety and couldn’t cope with the conflict.

Last edited by JumpyMonkey; 16 November 2020, 13:34.

Comment

Originally posted by JumpyMonkey View Post
            One of my accounts is currently assigned to a Law firm which is freaking me out a bit. It's my HP account, do I still send the CCA Request? My inner scaredy cat is telling me they'll turn around and just throw a CCJ at me???

DWF Law (Hitatchi finance for HP)

• Date commenced: 2016

• Approx balance: £977

• Date last paid (approximate date you last made a FULL payment): February 2019

• Status (default/in arrears/up-to-date): Default (May 2019)

• Account owner (who is writing to you, a DCA or the lender or debt purchaser): Purchaser DWF Law

This is a strange one – HP was taken out for a new car. At the end of the 3 year contract the car was returned and I was hit with a big old fee for excess mileage. I was planning to contest this with the dealer as they convinced me to take a contract with a small mileage as “no one ever goes over”. I never contested due to depression and anxiety and couldn’t cope with the conflict.

Have you been sent a formal 'Letter of Claim' DWF Law or are they just chasing you in a general way?

I notice you referred to this debt as an "overdraft" but I assume that was an error so send DWF Law the CCA Request.

Di

Comment

Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post

Have you been sent a formal 'Letter of Claim' DWF Law or are they just chasing you in a general way?

I notice you referred to this debt as an "overdraft" but I assume that was an error so send DWF Law the CCA Request.

Di

Oops! Yes definitely not an overdraft, I've updated above to avoid confusion.

They haven't sent me a formal letter of claim, just a chaser and "Installment Agreement Breakdown" letter as my TPP expired with Stepchange. I will crack on and send it then, thank you

Comment

Originally posted by JumpyMonkey View Post
                One of my accounts is currently assigned to a Law firm which is freaking me out a bit. . . . My inner scaredy cat is telling me they'll turn around and just throw a CCJ at me???

They can't just throw a CCJ at you. First they have to issue a claim and then they have to Win the case which is a different kettle of fish altogether.

I see you have six debts with PRA who like to issue claims. They issued one against me which they lost

Jo explains why here >

Originally posted by Joanna Connolly View Post
                ‘“RECONSTITUTED AGREEMENT” – IRREDEEMABLY UNENFORCEABLE”
                “UNREDACTED DEEDS OF ASSIGNMENT – NO ASSIGNMENT PROVED”

So, held Recorder Bellamy in PRA Group (UK) Limited v Mayhew at Central London County Court on 22nd March 2017, at the end of a 3 day multi track trial, when dismissing PRA’s claim against our client.

Stale debts sued for on the back of 2 ‘reconstituted’ MBNA credit card agreements (May 1999 and October 2000) were held irredeemably unenforceable under CCA 1974. The evidence of an honest witness was preferred to that of so called “reconstituted agreements”.

After 3 days of close forensic examination of, and legal argument about, evidence and documents from both PRA and MBNA stating that our client’s specific debt had been assigned, the court held that no assignment had been proved.

Efforts, over many months, in earlier cases to force PRA into disclosure of un-redacted deeds and deep and sustained forensic challenge to the provenance of documents needed to prove regulatory compliance, finally drew back the veil. The reality behind bulk debt purchasing was revealed.

This decision shows that just saying an agreement is enforceable and producing a “reconstituted” copy does not prove that it is enforceable. Just saying an agreement has been assigned and producing a notice saying it has been assigned does not prove legal assignment.

Debt purchasers need to provide proof. If that means the pitifully few pence in the pound they pay for stale debts will increase because banks will now have to start keeping original evidence complying with regulatory consumer protection measures, it is hard to imagine many tears being shed, outside the City of London.

It's good to see you've now decided to take control of the situation instead of the situation controlling you.

I look forward to helping you.

Di

Comment

OMG I’ve FINALLY done it - £25 later on postal orders and postage and I’ve sent off all 11 CCA requests.

The woman in the post office wouldn’t stop going on about the flipping postal orders and why would I need 11

feels good to have done it but also terrified as I’ve been left alone recently due to mentioning the effect on my mental health so I’m now petrified they’re all going to start bombarding me.

definitely wasted a ton of time procrastinating but at least it’s actually done now :-)

Comment

NatWest/PRA

• Type of account: Loan
                    • Date commenced: 2012? (credit website is down so can’t check)
                    • Approx balance: £14,000 – Originally took out a loan for £7000 in 2012 (will double check later) , then increased this in approximately 2014 to £20,000 to consolidate debts and they hiked the interest at this time. Requested they reduce the interest in 2017 to help me but was refused (obviously wasn’t a good candidate for reduced rates).
                    • Not Currently Paying

• Account owner: Purchaser PRA

29/04/21 - CCA Request & £1 Postal Order sent

Comment

NatWest/PRA

• Date commenced: 2010

• Approx balance: £2650

• Not currently paying

29/04/21 - CCA Request and £1 postal order sent

Comment

NatWest/PRA

• Date commenced: 2006

• Approx balance: £2000

• Not currently paying

29/04/21 - CCA Request & £1 postal order sent

Comment

PRA / Barclaycard

• Date commenced: 2013

• Approx balance: £7100

• Not currently paying

29/04/21 - CCA request & £1 postal order sent

Comment

PRA / MBNA

• Date commenced: 2017 (DESPERATE TIMES BY THIS POINT)

• Approx balance: £1500

• Not currently paying

Comment

PRA / BARCLAYCARD

• Approx balance: £3500

• Not currently paying

Comment

HALIFAX

• Approx balance: £2700

• Not currently paying

• Account owner (who is writing to you, a DCA or the lender or debt purchaser): DCA WESTCOTT

01/05/21 - That was quick- reply from Wescot stating they no longer administering the account - postal order and cca request returned.

04/05/21 - CCA request & £1 postal order sent to Halifax (OC) instead of Wescot.
                                Last edited by JumpyMonkey; 4 May 2021, 23:17.

Comment

Working...
                                X