GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script JumpyMonkey's UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

JumpyMonkey's UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JumpyMonkey's UE Diary

So here goes...I think.

I have never been particularly good with money. Before children I already had a good pile of debt, however once I had to pay for childcare on top of credit card fees and loan repayments I began to sink deeper and deeper.

I finally took out a TPP with SC at the end of 2017, however every year I have to go through the same rigmarole of renewing my plan and having to explain why i need a TPP.

My mental health took a turn for the worse around this time. It was previously undiagnosed PND and I ended up taking 6 months off work. I cannot have a CCJ due to my role at work and the thought of cancelling my TPP terrifies the hell out of me... BUT I asked for help so many times and now my debts have been sold on and I can see through their sneaky ways.

I believe my first plan of action is to send off a CCA request?

NatWest/PRA

• Type of account: Loan
    • Date commenced: 2012? (credit website is down so can’t check)
    • Approx balance: £14,000 – Originally took out a loan for £7000 in 2012 (will double check later) , then increased this in approximately 2014 to £20,000 to consolidate debts and they hiked the interest at this time. Requested they reduce the interest in 2017 to help me but was refused (obviously wasn’t a good candidate for reduced rates).
    • Last FULL payment: October 2017
    • Last TOKEN payment: September 2020
    • Account owner: PRA

29/04/21 - CCA Request & £1 Postal Order sent
    06/05/21 - Reply from PRA " We have received your correspondence and requested the required information." Account on hold. Postal order returned as PRA do not charge a fee (so what do I do with the 6 returned postal orders??)- Filed

18/05/21 - Letter from PRA - "Please find enclosed documentation (statement of account). We have currently deemed this debt ..." enc.A4 unenforceable factsheet
    Last edited by JumpyMonkey; 18 May 2021, 09:58.

Comment

NatWest/PRA

• Type of account: CC
      • Date commenced: 2010
      • Approx balance: £2650

29/04/21 - CCA Request and £1 postal order sent
      06/05/21 - Reply from PRA " We have received your correspondence and requested the required information." Account on hold. Postal order returned as PRA do not charge a fee (so what do I do with the 6 returned postal orders??)- Filed

11/05/21 - CCA received from PRA along with CC statements - agreement is 2 pages long and looks like the internet application form with a tick box for signature.
      04/11/2023 - Debt / Default longer shows on credit file
      Last edited by JumpyMonkey; 4 November 2023, 11:52.

Comment

NatWest/PRA

• Type of account: Overdraft
        • Date commenced: 2006
        • Approx balance: £2000

06/05/21 - Response from PRA - "unable to fulfill your request for copy agreement as current accounts do not require a credit agreement, therefore no credit agreement would have been set up when opening the account, such accounts are not included in the Consumer Credit Act 1974. Please contact our office within 10 days..." - Confirmed current accounts are included in CCA 1974 - Filed.
        18/08/21 - Letter from PRA "We have enclosed copy documents as requested...please contact within 14 days..." - bank statements from 2016-2017 only. Not worthy of anything except being filed
        Last edited by JumpyMonkey; 18 May 2021, 10:00.

Comment

PRA / Barclaycard

• Date commenced: 2013
          • Approx balance: £7100

29/04/21 - CCA request & £1 postal order sent
          06/05/21 - Reply from PRA " We have received your correspondence and requested the required information." Account on hold. Postal order returned as PRA do not charge a fee - Filed
          14/05/21 - Fat A4 envelope received from PRA including statements from 2016 and 2017 (account opened 2013) and a letter advising they await further documents and therefore this debt is currently deemed . Filed.
          09/06/21 - Letter received from Barclays - refunding interest of £36.32 by way of reducing balance with PRA group. Hopefully this doesn't count as a payment/acknowledgment??? - FILED

04/11/2023 - Debt / Default no longer shows on credit file!
          Last edited by JumpyMonkey; 4 November 2023, 11:54.

Comment

PRA / MBNA

• Date commenced: 2017 (DESPERATE TIMES BY THIS POINT - I would argue affordability)
            • Approx balance: £1500

29/04/21 - CCA Request & £1 postal order sent
            30/05/21 - (letter dated 28/01/21 - they're time travellers!) - Please find enclosed documents (statements, no agreement) - awaiting further documentation therefore currently unenforceable. - FILED :-)
            Last edited by JumpyMonkey; 15 June 2021, 10:06.

Comment

PRA / BARCLAYCARD

• Date commenced: 2014
              • Approx balance: £3500
              •Account owner: PRA

29/04/21 - CCA Request & £1 postal order sent
              27/05/21 - Letter received - please find information enclosed - as we are awaiting further information this is currently UNENFORCEABLE. FILED.
              04/11/2023 - Default / Debt no longer shows on credit file!!

Last edited by JumpyMonkey; 4 November 2023, 11:56.

Comment

HALIFAX

• Approx balance: £2700
                • Date last paid (approximate date you last made a FULL payment): October 2017
                • Are you on arrangement or not paying: £1 TPP through SC which is due to expire and I plan to self manage from now
                • Status (default/in arrears/up-to-date): Default
                • Account owner: (DCA WESTCOTT -advised not with them anymore, so I guess it's back with Halifax?!)

01/05/21 - That was quick- reply from Wescot stating they no longer administering the account - postal order and cca request returned.
                04/05/21 - CCA request & £1 postal order sent to Halifax (OC) instead of Wescot.
                Last edited by JumpyMonkey; 6 May 2021, 11:52.

Comment

Lloyds TSB

• Approx balance: £2500
                  • Account owner: Was Wescott, but apparently it's now back with LLOYDs

01/05/21 - That was quick- reply from Wescot stating they no longer administering the account - postal order and cca request returned.
                  04/05/21 - CCA request & £1 postal order sent to Halifax (OC) instead of Wescot.
                  Last edited by JumpyMonkey; 6 May 2021, 11:54.

Comment

Link Financial (Co-Op)

• Date commenced: 2011
                    • Approx balance: £500
                    • Account owner: LINK

26/05/21 - Nice little letter from Link - Original creditor unable to comply therefore currently

05/06/21 - Additional letter from Link - requested documents have been received from the creditor, however they are illegible therefore the account is classed as - FILED.
                    Last edited by JumpyMonkey; 15 June 2021, 09:30.

Comment

DWF Law (Hitatchi finance for HP)

• Type of account: Overdraft
                      • Date commenced: 2016
                      • Approx balance: £977
                      • Last FULL payment: February 2019
                      • Status (default/in arrears/up-to-date): Default (May 2019)
                      • Account owner: DCA DWF Law

This is a strange one – HP was taken out for a new car. At the end of the 3 year contract the car was returned and I was hit with a big old fee for excess mileage. I was planning to contest this with the dealer as they convinced me to take a contract with a small mileage as “no one ever goes over”. I never contested due to depression and anxiety and couldn’t cope with the conflict.

Last edited by JumpyMonkey; 6 May 2021, 11:57.

Comment

ADVANTIS / Home Retail Group (Argos)

• Date commenced: 2012
                        • Approx balance: £790
                        • Account owner: DCA Advantis

08/05/21 - letter received from Advantis: “We recently received a postal order in relation to your outstanding debt with Argos Card; however, we were unable to cash the postal order has it has not been made payable to Advantis. We have enclosed the postal order for your records. Please advised that you do no need to re-issue the postal order as no further action will be taken by Advanta’s in relation to this account” - FILED
                        Last edited by JumpyMonkey; 12 May 2021, 10:19.

Comment

As I have many accounts with PRA, do I send one CCA request noting all account numbers, or do I send a letter per debt? so 6 CCA requests to PRA in total?

Comment

Originally posted by JumpyMonkey View Post
                            As I have many accounts with PRA, do I send one CCA request noting all account numbers, or do I send a letter per debt? so 6 CCA requests to PRA in total?

Hello

You send a separate CCA Request for each debt with a separate postal order in separate envelopes by Royal Mail Recorded Delivery.

Di

Comment

Thank you
                              Last edited by JumpyMonkey; 22 June 2020, 17:23.

Comment

Working...
                              X