GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Stop Payments or offer Full and Final Payments - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stop Payments or offer Full and Final Payments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I've just glanced through the document I've just received and it's pretty much 297 pages of copy statements, Barclaycard correspondence about late payments and a notice of registering a Default against my account. There's no credit agreement, notice of assignment or any sensitive documents at all. They do note that this GDPR request doesn't include manual records, neither do they include documents about third parties, maybe that's why there's no copy letter detailing a notice of assignment.

I feel that this isn't all the information that somebody would be able to obtain from Barclays if they requested manual records too.

Comment

Well Diana Mayhew, it appears PRA would like to try and pursue this debt through legal channels.

Today, I've received a Letter Before Claim and I have until 31/03/2020 to respond.

Any advice for my next steps would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Katsikaki View Post
        Well Diana Mayhew, it appears PRA would like to try and pursue this debt through legal channels.

Today, I've received a Letter Before Claim and I have until 31/03/2020 to respond.

No surprises there.

This is an ex-Barclaycard from 2005 where the credit agreement has been deemed unenforceable by Niddy, there's no sign of any credit agreement in your SAR response from Barclaycard, and no sign of any DN either.

So send me the first two pages of the Letter of Claim to see what they intend to claim, and why they think they have the right to claim it.

Also send me the 'credit agreement' with PRA's covering letter in a separate email (using di@joannaconnollysolicitors.co.uk).

There's plenty of time to deal with this, so put it out of your mind for the rest of the weekend.

Di

Comment

Thanks Diana Mayhew, you're a star!

Would it be beneficial to send the pdf of my SAR request too?

Comment

Thanks Diana Mayhew, you're a star!

Would it be beneficial to send the pdf of my SAR request too?

Yes it would

Keep that in a separate email so I can be certain of the source of documents, especially if PRA's paperwork inexplicably differs from Barclaycard's paperwork!

Di

Comment

It's really an interesting article that can assist the people in their debt risk thought and let them allow to think practically about the repayment of such dues. If they are not thinking then, they must do research with the different banks as the eligibility criteria and the interest structure varies so that accordingly people can know what's the market rate is and take the favorable decision according to the xxxxx available.
              Last edited by Joanna Connolly Solicitors; 29 February 2020, 11:28. Reason: link to business deleted

Comment

Originally posted by JasonJones View Post
                It's really an interesting article that can assist the people in their debt risk thought and let them allow to think practically about the repayment of such dues. If they are not thinking then, they must do research with the different banks as the eligibility criteria and the interest structure varies so that accordingly people can know what's the market rate is and take the favorable decision according to the xxxxxxxxx available.
                April 1st is still a month away!!
                Last edited by Joanna Connolly Solicitors; 12 August 2020, 10:32. Reason: business link deleted from quote

Comment

PRA's Letter of Claim was just before Lockdown began in March.

Have they been in touch with you since then?

Di

Comment

Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post

PRA's Letter of Claim was just before Lockdown began in March.

Have they been in touch with you since then?

Di
                    You must have read my mind Diana Mayhew, as I was just about to post today, updating you of the situation.

PRA have just sent yet another letter before court action and apparently I now have until the first week of September to respond to them or they "may" take me to court.

If you like, I can email you a copy of the letter when I get home?

Comment

You must have read my mind Diana Mayhew, as I was just about to post today, updating you of the situation.

PRA have just sent yet another letter before court action and apparently I now have until the first week of September to respond to them or they "may" take me to court.

If you like, I can email you a copy of the letter when I get home?

I must be psychic

Yes, please email me the Letter of Claim from PRA using di@joannaconnollysolicitors.co.uk

Di

Comment

PRA have just sent yet another letter before court action and apparently I now have until the first week of September to respond

. . . I can email you a copy of the letter

Thank you for that.

It appears nothing has changed on PRA's Letter of Claim except the date.

Di

Comment

First of all, I would like to extend my huge gratitude to all of the staff at Joanna Connolly Solicitors.
                          The claim that PRA were pursuing has been thrown out of court, so that's a huge relief.

On to the next, Diana Mayhew . It appears that Link Financial from post #8 are gearing up for a push for recovery as they have just performed an affordability search and a hard debt collection credit search on my credit file, further damaging my credit score.

I assume your advice at this point would be to wait and see what happens?

Comment

Working...
                          X