GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Debt with Cabot Europe LTD - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Debt with Cabot Europe LTD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking on Clearscore i don't have any CCJ's, Loans etc..

All i have are closed accounts..

The Arrow Global/Capquest account originally opened on 13/06/2012, I can only think it may have been a shop direct account..

Comment

Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post

What makes you think this debt has been owned by other companies?

When (what year) did your open this Nationwide loan account?

Would there have been any PPI involved?

Di
      I am 99% sure the loan was taken out in 2011..

Comment

These are the factoers on my Clearscore :
        • You don't have any court judgements, bankruptcies or Individual Voluntary Arrangements
        • You have no accounts in default or repossession
        • You've made very few applications for credit in the past year
        • You have held at least one of your accounts for several years
        • Very few/none of your accounts have overdue payments
        • You have stayed within your credit card limit in the past year

Comment

OK, I have 4 letters from Cabot now and will list them here..

Nationwide Personal Loan £5700.. (Taken out about 2012)

Nationwide Credit Card £3300..

MBNA Credit Card £4600..

MBNA Credit Card £2600..

I am getting a bit worried now.

I am not paying anything to these accounts.

Last payments were back aroung Aug/Sept 2014.

Comment

Hi,
            I have just had Resolvecall at my front door, he tried to give me a letter and I refused it..

He said you have had letters and you know what will happen now, without saying exactly what!

I now feel really low and don't know what to do, i don't work and have no income!

My wife is working for an agency and my parents are helping with some bills (which I don't want)..

My total debt with Cabot is £16,000, what can i do?

Thanks

Comment

well done for not engaging with the commission agent, ignore the comment they made. Diana Mayhew may be able to advise as such an alleged amount * Cabot as well??
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thank you,

I am so worried now and was thinking about calling StepChange as I feel really bad..

Do you think i should wait before calling anyone?

Thanks

Comment

do not call anyone await Di, step change well another story!!!!!!!!! sit on your hands other than talk to Di sure she will respond soon! the visit has done as intimidation and in your case, try not to worry Diana Mayhew
                  I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thank you very much, i will await Diana..

Comment

Hi Vialli,
                      Please don't worry, ( easier to say than do) I have had 2 people call to "reconnect" me to the company's that had bought my debt's in all the time I have been with AAD, the call is mean't to frighten you into setting up a repayment plan, needless to say it failed to work with me,
                      they will just go back and report that they spoke to you,

As you said you are out of work so they can't have what you haven't got, wait and see what the send you next then come and post on here.
                      thats what we are here for

NW x

Comment

Hi Vialli

As NW says, try not to worry although as said, that is easy for us to say.

I had significant amounts of debt which are all now statute barred, out of the many creditors, only one took me to court and Joanna Connolly saw them off.

I also had a doorstep visit, they do try to unnerve you, they did the same in phone calls and letters, making some references to rather vague visions of hell and damnation.

Recently, I had a PPI reclaim from one of the creditors to whom at one point I owed 10,000 to, yet they paid, directly into my bank account a few hundred pounds

They way I vanquished my anxiety was to properly eat with my debts, setting up files and keeping all letters sent and received, these started from the days I sent CCA requests- some are very thick, some have just a few pieces of paper in

Comment

Originally posted by Vialli View Post
                          OK, I have 4 letters from Cabot now and will list them here..

Nationwide Personal Loan £5700.. (Taken out about 2012)

Nationwide Credit Card £3300..

MBNA Credit Card £4600..

MBNA Credit Card £2600..

I am getting a bit worried now.

I am not paying anything to these accounts.

Last payments were back aroung Aug/Sept 2014.

Have you heard anything more from Cabot on these four debts?

Di

Comment

I have just had a letter from Cabotabout the MBNA card for £2600.

All it says is Set up your ideal repayment plan, nothing else?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Vialli View Post
                              I have just had a letter from Cabot about the MBNA card for £2600.

I've looked back through your thread but I can't see any history or background for this ex-MBNA credit card.

Can you post some basic information (e.g. the year the account was opened) so members can help you with your next steps..

Di

Comment

Hi Diana,

Looking on ClearScore, this one was opened on 15th August 2012.

It also says last updated 6 Dec 2016.

The last time Cabot Europe did a search on me was November 2018, as it says on ClearScore.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X