GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Debt with Cabot Europe LTD - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Debt with Cabot Europe LTD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Debt with Cabot Europe LTD

Hi,

I have been getting letters from Cabot Europe ltd, I have recieved two today referencing MBNA & Nationwide accounts from 2014..

The letters recieved today are to say they are sending Resolvecall to my house, should I send the
    Harassment & Threat of Doorstep-Visit
    letter .

They are not sure if i live here or not and i'm worried they will then know for definite that I do.

I am worried about my losing my house as they are threatening bailiffs.

On my credit report there is no mention of these debts and the last time Cabot searched was 22/11/2018, I lived at a different address then and didn't get any mail from them?

I have also got another letter asking them to prove it is my debt, I am not sure to send that too.

Thanks in advance for any help & replies.

This is what the letters recieved today contain:

We have tried to contact you on a number of occasions so that we can understand your financial situation and discuss a payment plan that is affordable and fair.

Because we have been unable to contact you, we are now going to instruct a company called Resolvecall to visit you at your home so they can put you back in touch with us.

We would rather speak with you and arrange a way for you to pay. We would need to speak to you in the next 7 days or you'll receive a visit from Resolvecall.

-------

They have also been sending letters to my parents address and have been told on numerus occasions to stop. My sister used to work for a legal practice and they wrote letters asking them to stop sending them, but they have ignored them.

Comment

Hi Vialli, welcome to AAD

It is almost impossable to tell what is best for you to do,till we have some more information,
      ie: when were they taken out, are there only 2 debt or is there more,have you ever sent a Formal CCA request for these debts including the £1 fee required,
      Not being nosey, but with out the information we cannot see what could be the best way forward.

The best way for the forum to help you is if you make a separate post for each debt on this thread using this format >
      • Type of account (credit card/loan/current account etc)
      • Date commenced (ideally before Apilr 2007)
      • Approx balance
      • Date last paid (approximate date you last made a FULL payment)
      • Are you on arrangement or not paying
      • Status (default/in arrears/up-to-date)
      • Account owner (who is writing to you, a DCA or the original lender or debt purchaser)

Providing the above information for each account helps Mods and forum members to help you. When you start the process lay your diary out like this perfect example >

https://all-about-debt.co.uk/forum/d...xie-s-ue-diary

looking forward to helping you NW
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Ok, so something like this?

MBNA

£4600
        with Cabot Europe Ltd...

Crdit card
        November 2014 I stopped paying after my mother-inlaw got sick and we moved to Brasil to help her.
        Not Paying anything.

Letters were not received as I was living abroad, my registered address was my parents house so i could keep my bank account open.
        I have panicked since being back and thrown the letters in the bin, this applies to all unpaid debts.

Nationwide

£5700 with Cabot Europe Ltd...

Personal Loan
        November 2014 I stopped paying after my mother-inlaw got sick and we moved to Brasil to help her.
        Not Paying anything.

I think these debts have been owned ny other companies too..

Capquest Previously owned by Arrow

£610
        original debtor not known.

I have no idea what this was for.
        Novenber 2014 I stopped paying after my mother-inlaw got sick and we moved to Brasil to help her.
        Not Paying anything.

They are offering a reduced payment of £425.70.

I am presently looking for work, so I can't afford to pay anything at the moment.

I hope this helps, i'm not the best at this kind of thing..

I have printed some CCA letters but not sure if I should send.

There is another debt which I have been paying off for around 2-3 years @ £25 per month.

Thanks
        Last edited by Vialli; 22 June 2019, 20:17.

Comment

Please let us know what other debt is

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Do you know if any of these debt s were taken to court while you were out of the country?

Comment

The other is a Shop Direct debt and has £1300 remaining.

None were taken to court..

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Vialli View Post
                I have been getting letters from Cabot Europe ltd, I have recieved two today referencing MBNA & Nationwide accounts from 2014..
                The letters recieved today are to say they are sending Resolvecall to my house, should I send the
                Harassment & Threat of Doorstep-Visit
                letter .
                They are not sure if i live here or not and i'm worried they will then know for definite that I do.
                I am worried about my losing my house as they are threatening bailiffs.

On my credit report there is no mention of these debts and the last time Cabot searched was 22/11/2018, I lived at a different address then and didn't get any mail from them?
                I have also got another letter asking them to prove it is my debt, I am not sure to send that too.

From what you say you have received a tracing letter from Cabot Financial (Europe) Ltd. They will be managing these debts on behalf of other companies in the group such as Cabot Financial Ltd or Cabot Financial (UK) Ltd. It's important to know who actually owns these debts before making any suggestions.

If you respond to the tracing letter you will obviously have acknowledged the debt(s) so think carefully what your next step should be. These letters are designed to prompt your response, but sometimes no response is required or could make matters worse.

If your last payment towards these debts was in 2014 then they have the potential to become Statute Barred next year (depending on when they were defaulted etc).

The letter(s) may threaten bailiffs but that can't happen unless there is already a County Court Judgment, and you say there isn't. To check if that's definitely the case (no Default Judgment while you were abroad) you can check the Trust Online website at your old address (but there is a fee to pay) > https://www.trustonline.org.uk/help-topics/

Di

Comment

Capquest is part of the Arrow Global group.

http://www.arrowglobal.net/aboutus/a...oupbrands.aspx

Comment

Nationwide

£5700 with Cabot Europe Ltd...

Personal Loan
                    November 2014 I stopped paying

I think these debts have been owned ny other companies too..

What makes you think this debt has been owned by other companies?

When (what year) did your open this Nationwide loan account?

Would there have been any PPI involved?

Di

Comment

The other is a Shop Direct debt and has £1300 remaining.

Who is the current owner of this Shop Direct debt?

Could it be Lowell Portfolio?

Di

Comment

Ok, so something like this?

£610 [/B]original debtor not known.

I have no idea what this was for.
                        Novenber 2014 I stopped paying after my mother-inlaw got sick and we moved to Brasil to help her.
                        Not Paying anything.

Have another look at the letters from Arrow and/or Capquest (a DCA) to see who the original creditor was. You really do need to know, and so does the forum in order to help you.

Di

Comment

Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post

Who is the current owner of this Shop Direct debt?

Could it be Lowell Portfolio?

Di
                          Yes they are and I pay them £25 per month.. Lowell Solicitors..
                          Last edited by Vialli; 23 June 2019, 22:43.

Comment

Have another look at the letters from Arrow and/or Capquest (a DCA) to see who the original creditor was. You really do need to know, and so does the forum in order to help you.

Di
                            The Capquest letter doesn't say anything about who the original debtor was!
                            Last edited by Vialli; 23 June 2019, 22:39.

Comment

From what you say you have received a tracing letter from Cabot Financial (Europe) Ltd. They will be managing these debts on behalf of other companies in the group such as Cabot Financial Ltd or Cabot Financial (UK) Ltd. It's important to know who actually owns these debts before making any suggestions.

If you respond to the tracing letter you will obviously have acknowledged the debt(s) so think carefully what your next step should be. These letters are designed to prompt your response, but sometimes no response is required or could make matters worse.

If your last payment towards these debts was in 2014 then they have the potential to become Statute Barred next year (depending on when they were defaulted etc).

The letter(s) may threaten bailiffs but that can't happen unless there is already a County Court Judgment, and you say there isn't. To check if that's definitely the case (no Default Judgment while you were abroad) you can check the Trust Online website at your old address (but there is a fee to pay) > https://www.trustonline.org.uk/help-topics/

Di
                              Both letters say on the back to make cheques payable to Cabot Financial (Europe) Ltd and gives an address for West Malling, Kent.

Comment

Working...
                              X